Awakening character contest (Tournament of Champions seeding!)

shadykid

I voted Henry. I don't like female Morgan very much.

EDIT: Also, what did we say about calling things you don't like "overrated"? It COMPLETELY ignores the various different reasons that people like that thing you don't like and lumps it all into "I don't like this character and think this character is too liked hurr".

Edited by Sangyul

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Female!Morgan isn't creepy at all.

People just tend to exaggerate her personality.

People exaggerate everyones personalities in awakening if they dislike the character including yourself. This is part of the reason I hate the Awakening boards is because just about every thread involves bashing a character just because people don't agree on people liking a character.

"Oh you like such and such? Well you are an idiot and let me reeducate you" Practically every thread

The Awakening board and somewhat SF itself is full of nothing but blind hatred for stuff they dislike they can't even explain why they just hate what other people love.

Edited by Folgore Red II

I should mention that I am the town infinite anytime vigilante.

This is goodbye, shadykid!

Edit: If people must know why I like Henry and don't like female Morgan, it's really not that complicated. Henry is one of the few first generation guys who has a personality that's noticeable enough for me. If he were real, I'd probably be freaked out by him, but as a fictional character I think he has his good points. Like dedication to his spouse and his paired endings always saying he was a good father to his kid. I'm not a fan of female Morgan because I don't like the way she treats Yarne and I find that she can be downright mean in other of her supports. If people don't agree with me, that's fine, we all view the same characters differently. But to discredit other people who don't like a character you like is plain idiocy when you can't even see their side.

Edited by Sangyul

People exaggerate everyones personalities in awakening if they dislike the character including yourself. This is part of the reason I hate the Awakening boards is because just about every thread involves bashing a character just because people don't agree on people liking a character.

"Oh you like such and such? Well you are an idiot and let me reeducate you" Practically every thread

The Awakening board and somewhat SF itself is full of nothing but blind hatred for stuff they dislike they can't even explain why they just hate what other people love.

you really love ranting about the forum you're on, you know

Then why are you on here?

Thank God for someone who has some sensibility. Not many people seem to have enough reason and understanding within them to see the other side of a character and fully grasp everything about them. Then again, this is reality of things. People only allow theirself to see and understand what they want and completely shut out everything else. Even in RL. It's rather sad, really

And is it wrong for him to just speak on how he see things? I've looked around and I've seen the same thing over and over again, just because they don't like so and so. That doesn't mean, he shouldn't be on SF, a lot of people are just extremely biased here and lack an open mind, which is just aggravating

Edited by Hero-King

Guys, I hate Fire Emblem Awakening. As I post in an Awakening-related thread. Why not complain somewhere else?

Thank God for someone who has some sensibility. Not many people seem to have enough reason and understanding within them to see the other side of a character and fully grasp everything about them. Then again, this is reality of things. People only allow theirself to see and understand what they want and completely shut out everything else. Even in RL. It's rather sad, really

And is it wrong for him to just speak on how he see things? I've looked around and I've seen the same thing over and over again, just because they don't like so and so. That doesn't mean, he shouldn't be on SF, a lot of people are just extremely biased here and lack an open mind, which is just aggravating

And I didn't mean he shouldn't be on SF, I meant pretty much what I said above.

Oh boy, a war is starting. Gonna need some popcorn.

Guys, I hate Fire Emblem Awakening. As I post in an Awakening-related thread. Why not complain somewhere else?

And I didn't mean he shouldn't be on SF, I meant pretty much what I said above.

Oh boy, a war is starting. Gonna need some popcorn.

I was only siding with his reason, didn't mean to sound hostile in any way. And I don't think a war will be necessary

What, you think we only post our complaints here in the Awakening thread? We can complain all we like, but unless we actually get the guts to tell people, "I think your conduct is odious" nothing is going to change. And, you know what, nobody here (including Jedi or myself) is so perfect that we can't stand to change our conduct and the way we argue with people. I like Awakening as a game, it gives me something to do and that's all I need. But I think that people are getting way too riled up and emotionally involved in a manner I have NOT seen with previous Fire Emblems and I think it's getting stupid, and I think SF is turning into a hostile, unfriendly place because of all these hostilities. Maybe some of us don't want that to happen?

What, you think we only post our complaints here in the Awakening thread? We can complain all we like, but unless we actually get the guts to tell people, "I think your conduct is odious" nothing is going to change. And, you know what, nobody here (including Jedi or myself) is so perfect that we can't stand to change our conduct and the way we argue with people. I like Awakening as a game, it gives me something to do and that's all I need. But I think that people are getting way too riled up and emotionally involved in a manner I have NOT seen with previous Fire Emblems and I think it's getting stupid, and I think SF is turning into a hostile, unfriendly place because of all these hostilities. Maybe some of us don't want that to happen?

Sangyul, you have earned my respect for being honest with the situation. I would hope that SF doesn't become a hostile place, I've only been here for two months but I wouldn't want to see such a thing come to pass. I just wanted a place where I can freely discuss FE with everyone without any issues from either sides

Edited by Hero-King

....why do I have a feeling Micaiah vs (insert character here) provoked the same reaction 5-6 years ago

I completely agree with Jedi and Boron. I feel that FE has lost seriousness here once Awakening and new fans showed up.

... Most TERRIBLY disappointing.

Miriel x Stahl C Support

NO MORE CHAOS PLEASE

P.S. Not implying that Awakening did it itself. Implying that reactions have been inappropriate.

EDIT: Also, what did we say about calling things you don't like "overrated"? It COMPLETELY ignores the various different reasons that people like that thing you don't like and lumps it all into "I don't like this character and think this character is too liked hurr".

Excuse me for expressing my opinion~

Yeah, we get it. You hate the FE13 board. Instead of complaining about it, how about you just ignore it? Seriously. Posts like these tend to spark the arguments you love to hate.

Yeah, we get it. You hate the FE13 board. Instead of complaining about it, how about you just ignore it? Seriously. Posts like these tend to spark the arguments you love to hate.

ZM vs Jedi, fight!

(alternatively, Folgore Orange vs Folgore Red II, intra-group thingy fight yeah!)

Edited by shadykid

wait a minute, this whole thing started in my thread from a one-liner from ZM about Henry being overrated....?

seriously?

ZM has terrible taste

fun stuff: FftF>General Fire Emblem>General (regular)>Awakening forums (by one topic) in terms of topics

gonna be #2 overall relatively soon, I would think

You wouldn't like it if I called Cynthia and people you liked overrated and said "people only like them because they have boobs" or "I don't understand why people like them, they're dumb", would you? Like I said, I really don't give a fuck what you like or don't like. However, using words like overrated or simplifying the reasons of everyone who doesn't like what you like is not okay. Respecting the opinions of others is a two-way street. Don't expect people to be sympathetic when you're quick to hate on what they like and don't even try to accept that people like it without classifying it as "overrated" or "I don't understand". You don't have to understand. You just have to accept it.

And why don't you have anything to say to that? Because you're just sick of talking to me? Because I'm too much of a high strung bitch to deserve an answer. Or because you don't know what to say to that? I don't think I'm saying anything that's far unreasonable. Do you really think I like people saying that my characters are overrated or they hate them every time I wander into a forum like this to, you know, maybe do something? It gets really annoying. And I'm so sorry you don't want to be associated with a bunch of circlejerks like the Folgore Rangers. It's not like anyone likes us, anyway. It's not like we only formed because we got through a particularly unsettling situation together. We just like to be elitist. Nope. Not at all.