Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

Beard was not the body part that came into my mind when I first saw it, though that's probably what it was meant to be.

Edited by BBM

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised nobody's commented on the big horn sticking out from the lower body of Mega Metagross

The design looks like a Metang fused with a Metagross, which is pretty cool considering the lore states that a Metang is 2 fused Beldum and a Metagross is 2 fused Metang:

I've seen some people hate on the design, but just the fact that they incorporated part of the Metagross' line lore in the design makes it cool for me. (Just noticed there might even be a Beldum head fused to the 'back' of the Metang)

Edited by LuxSpes

The spike is similar to the one on Metang. Many Megas tend to have traits found in their pre-evolutions (Tyranitar has Larvitar's crest, Gengar has Haunter's spikes etc.)

I wonder if this might subscribe to the theory that the designs of the Megas are what Game Freak would ideally retcon the original designs into but can't/won't because they figure that the players would be mad if designs they liked were changed permanently? (Or that the art team just decided to make new art under the principle of "What if we designed this Pokemon for the first time right now?" and the previous still applies.)

---

A thought I had yesterday when I saw the news yesterday: Anyone think we might see some split Megas a la Charizard and Mewtwo in ORAS? (Except with R or S instead of X or Y as the "form's" name.)

LATE

I actually don't think Mega Sharpedo/Camerupt are all that unlikely; remember that they're Aqua/Magma's main pokemon. Could see them as the highlight of Archie/Maxie's teams.

Sharpedo will actually Mega Evolve into Garchomp. This will allow Game Freak to introduce a new feature into the mix, Double Mega Evolution. You'll need two Mega Bracelets to pull it off, but this is the only way you'll be able to Mega Evolve your Sharpedo into a Mega Garchomp.

Edited by Refa

So.... pikachu gets a bunch of new "forms" for contests? In cute little costumes? Wat.Also, Brawly's new art/design looks nice.I like how the ingame pokedex looks like a GBA (though, it is kinda ugly lol)

Fixed

Birch looks pretty much the exact same, so no surprises there. I notice that all of those Pikachu were female when showing off those outfit things. Probably meant to be the same Pikachu dressing up in each costume.

I'm just gonna post the leaks:

[spoiler=My ORAS hype has intensified]

VYLPZcA.jpg

8SGXzqZ.jpg

3fcthtS.jpg

qXNExiD.jpg

fr0fZup.jpg

Phoebe Phoebe Phoebe <3

Also the new Hoenn Pokedex is probably my favorite in the series now, since I love the GBA. And I'm glad it looks like the Pokedex itself is updated the include post-Hoenn Pokemon, too, hence Phoebe's Dusknoir.

Edited by ZM©

I wonder if this might subscribe to the theory that the designs of the Megas are what Game Freak would ideally retcon the original designs into but can't/won't because they figure that the players would be mad if designs they liked were changed permanently? (Or that the art team just decided to make new art under the principle of "What if we designed this Pokemon for the first time right now?" and the previous still applies.)

---

A thought I had yesterday when I saw the news yesterday: Anyone think we might see some split Megas a la Charizard and Mewtwo in ORAS? (Except with R or S instead of X or Y as the "form's" name.)

I like both of these ideas

But I can't really think of any Hoenn pokemon who would get the split mega. Maybe Rayzaquaza? And say the R is more Groundon inspired and the S is more Kyogre? Or it could be a pokemon from a different generation.

I'm liking the redesigns too, except for Phoebe. I liked her the most back in Gen 3 cause the other Elite 4 just seemed boring mostly, but now she looks too simple and unoriginal compared to Sydney and I except they'll make Drake look hella cool.

Edited by Psych

What in the name of Arceus are those Pikachu costumes

It's amazing how they screwed up the protags and the villainous teams designs so much but the Gym leaders Pokemon League members look so nice

MegaGross is best thing yes

Edited by Dain

I'm just gonna post the leaks:

[spoiler=My ORAS hype has intensified]

VYLPZcA.jpg

8SGXzqZ.jpg

3fcthtS.jpg

qXNExiD.jpg

fr0fZup.jpg

Phoebe Phoebe Phoebe <3

Also the new Hoenn Pokedex is probably my favorite in the series now, since I love the GBA. And I'm glad it looks like the Pokedex itself is updated the include post-Hoenn Pokemon, too, hence Phoebe's Dusknoir.

I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining Pokemon that weren't available in XY (even via Friend Safari) except by transfer are added to Hoenn - I mean, Pokemon like Frillish seem like they'd fit Hoenn to a T. (Plus, Phoebe would love a Jellicent, no?)

(Also, I think Roxanne just became my favorite female gym leader design - her old outfit was just so bland and this one blows it out of the water.)

I like both of these ideas

But I can't really think of any Hoenn pokemon who would get the split mega. Maybe Rayzaquaza? And say the R is more Groundon inspired and the S is more Kyogre? Or it could be a pokemon from a different generation.

I'm liking the redesigns too, except for Phoebe. I liked her the most back in Gen 3 cause the other Elite 4 just seemed boring mostly, but now she looks too simple and unoriginal compared to Sydney and I except they'll make Drake look hella cool.

Well, we didn't exactly see Charizard or Mewtwo coming, but if it weren't for the CoroCoro images showing a normal name, I would have suggested Metagross... Maybe Flygon or Salamence would make sense to have two variations? Would allow them to tweak Flygon's typing (to Bug/Dragon) in one form while still retaining the usual typing in the other...