Is there a tier list for Normal mode?

I'm not aware of one. It would be an interesting excercise. The list would be nearly identical to the HM tier list, I suspect, but growers would be be relatively better off (Edward, Aran, Nephenee, and Boyd come to mind). The only other change would be units that are borderline on doubling in HM but can double more reliably in NM (Nolan, Kyza?).

I have an EM tier list around but its all sorts of wrong since mages are excellent units in NM they're better in EM.

I can safely say in EM or NM units with more availability are worth more. For example Fiona vs Renning, she easily turns out good and fast too because of all the bonus experience and with her availability she beats whatever he does.

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

I doubt it would change very much to be honest. Bases still rule over growths, just that characters with good move but average stats (eg. Marcia, Oscar (N), etc.) would be better. Remember, for every unit that goes up, another goes down. Maybe the bottom tiers would shift some, and laguz might go down some (good beorcs means that gauge and 1 range lock hurt more, also less strike) but that's about it.

I doubt it would change very much to be honest. Bases still rule over growths, just that characters with good move but average stats (eg. Marcia, Oscar (N), etc.) would be better. Remember, for every unit that goes up, another goes down. Maybe the bottom tiers would shift some, and laguz might go down some (good beorcs means that gauge and 1 range lock hurt more, also less strike) but that's about it.

i understand what you mean here.

though our fandom is known for debating alot of pointless things, i think i can picture what the normal tier list would look like now.

In NM it's so bloody easy to fix poor stats compared to HM it's not even funny.

What this means is that compared to HM tiers, units with mediocre bases and/or stats but good other areas (like Jill who has good mobility) will shoot up, while units who have good stats but poor other areas (like Shinon no 2-range, or Gatrie poor move, or laguz in general with transformation issues) would drop. I would also imagine units like Sothe and maybe Volug would drop due to jeiganness not being as awesome as in HM.

You meant no 1-range on Shinon, right?

Anyway, a NM tier list would be cool, and I might consider making an EM tier list but I don't think I have the personal experience necessary so I'd mostly just be listening to other peoples' suggestions.

That's a poor tier list to base things off of. You can start by tearing apart Top tier:

Reyson

Ike

Haar

Leanne

No way is Ike better than Haar on NM. Haar's advantages still exist in NM and they're even greater in quantity there because enemies are slightly weaker, and his offense still tears Ike's apart until Ike gets Ragnell (by then Haar is promoted). Haar can BEXP abuse easier too because he has access to Part 2 BEXP and arguably makes pretty good use of it and it comes at less of an opportunity cost because there just is more of it and the formula allows more BEXP to be used.

Reyson and Leanne's disadvantages/reasoning for not being Top of Top also still exist here. Except we don't need them as much because you can plow through enemies a bit easier than in HM.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

I made this, its based on my impression on NM Drafts. Its not accurate, but thats the feeling I get and I'll explain why in the spoiler.

Gr9:

Haar

Top:

Sothe

Titania

High:

Ike

Micaiah

Eddie

Nolan

Oscar

Ilyana

Jill

Boyd

Mid-High:

Mia

Zihark

Jannaff

Ulki

Volug

Soren

Rhys

Laura

Aran

Nephenee

Marcia

Middle:

Meg

Ranulf

Gatrie

Lethe

Mordecai

Nailah

Muarim

Nealuchi

Elincia

Heather

Brom

Shinnon

Low-Mid:

Rolf

Tanith

Sigrun

Kieran

Makalov

Astrid

Callil

Danved

Leonardo

Vika

Kyza

Fiona

Tauroneo

Tormod

Lucia

Low:

Geoffrey

Tibarn

Naesala

Skrimir

Mist

Lyre

Sanaki

Pelleas

Stefan

Caineghis

Giffca

Volke

Bastian

Renning

Nasir

Gareth

Ena

Bottom:

Lehran

Kurthnaga

Oliver

[spoiler=Explinations]

Sothe is in Top tier because he's always useful in NM, all those nice tricks he does in HM still apply to him here and his usability expands even further, although it still pauses a bit in late Part 3 and Part 4, he's always useful even up to endgame because he can get Baselard and double auras and not have crappy hit rates like Ike.

Anyone in High tier has a combination of great availability, great bases in Boyd's case, great mobility, great 2 range, and flexibility (Miccy needs 20 speed to solo maps in Part 4 with Resolve).

Anyone in Mid-High is just a bit inferior to the ones in high tier. Soren is pretty good and he can 1 turn 3-5 just like Ilyana and Haar but he can't go to 4-3 which is an area to shine for the mages but I still put him above Rhys and Laura because he's less costly. Volug lacks 2 range, and that hurts him imo since other DB's can easily become powerhouses including Meg and Laura.

The ones in Middle tier are a little more dependent on BEXP or lack much availability (but still perform amazingly), except Ranulf and Nailah but he lacks 2 range and she lacks much avaliability and 2 range. Meg is above Gatrie because DB maps are smaller and she's easier to shove by more characters compared to him.

Low-Mid have less availability and/or are more BEXP dependent than Mid tiers. They are still easily fixable, and can become very helfpul. High move is very helpful even in Part 4 so I can't picture any of the mounted ones any lower(except maybe Fiona). My Vika didn't reach S strike until 4-E-4 but Tear+Adept was her main power source and it seemed very dependent.

Low Tiered characters are gimped by having inferior availability. I'm not sure about Tibarn, Geoffrey and Naesala but they only have 2 chapters before endgame (3 for Geoffrey) and their performance is not so exclusive anymore. In Geoffrey's case any of the CRK can be BEXPd + Crowned and perform the same as Geoffrey, or in Marcia's and Callil's case shave more turns. Mist and Lyre have good availability but they've got to be trained for longer periods of time compared to the low-mid, or in Lyre's case cost more BEXP. What doesn't help Lyre is that she never reaches SS (maybe this applies to Kyza as well). The Dragons are still helpful for the boosts they offer so I didn't put them in bottom tier.

Bottom Tiered: Have 0 availability and even if BEXP'd they can't really offer much.

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

i find it hard to agree with the list you've given, even if i'd support stuff like Meg in Mid tier, for example.

as much i loved her in FE9, Ilyana is about as useful as Astrid but she has more screen time, which isn't saying too much.

Lehran and his ashura staff is a huge life saver, that alone should bring him up.

^^' Ilyana >>>>>>> Astrid

Availability is a huge factor in NM, so is move but Availability is more important I think. Ilyana has the best of it, and becuase BEXP is abundant it could easily fix her troubles.

Actually move is > availability, but Ilyana is great because of it, maybe not Top or hgh but ceratainly very high in the tiers because of her availability. Mid high maybe?

I made this, its based on my impression on NM Drafts. Its not accurate, but thats the feeling I get and I'll explain why in the spoiler.

Gr9:

Haar

Top:

Sothe

Titania

High:

Ike

Micaiah

Eddie

Nolan

Oscar

Ilyana

Jill

Boyd

Mid-High:

Mia

Zihark

Jannaff

Ulki

Volug

Soren

Rhys

Laura

Aran

Nephenee

Marcia

Middle:

Meg

Ranulf

Gatrie

Lethe

Mordecai

Nailah

Muarim

Nealuchi

Elincia

Heather

Brom

Shinnon

Low-Mid:

Rolf

Tanith

Sigrun

Kieran

Makalov

Astrid

Callil

Danved

Leonardo

Vika

Kyza

Fiona

Tauroneo

Tormod

Lucia

Low:

Geoffrey

Tibarn

Naesala

Skrimir

Mist

Lyre

Sanaki

Pelleas

Stefan

Caineghis

Giffca

Volke

Bastian

Renning

Nasir

Gareth

Ena

Bottom:

Lehran

Kurthnaga

Oliver

[spoiler=Explinations]

Sothe is in Top tier because he's always useful in NM, all those nice tricks he does in HM still apply to him here and his usability expands even further, although it still pauses a bit in late Part 3 and Part 4, he's always useful even up to endgame because he can get Baselard and double auras and not have crappy hit rates like Ike.

Anyone in High tier has a combination of great availability, great bases in Boyd's case, great mobility, great 2 range, and flexibility (Miccy needs 20 speed to solo maps in Part 4 with Resolve).

Anyone in Mid-High is just a bit inferior to the ones in high tier. Soren is pretty good and he can 1 turn 3-5 just like Ilyana and Haar but he can't go to 4-3 which is an area to shine for the mages but I still put him above Rhys and Laura because he's less costly. Volug lacks 2 range, and that hurts him imo since other DB's can easily become powerhouses including Meg and Laura.

The ones in Middle tier are a little more dependent on BEXP or lack much availability (but still perform amazingly), except Ranulf and Nailah but he lacks 2 range and she lacks much avaliability and 2 range. Meg is above Gatrie because DB maps are smaller and she's easier to shove by more characters compared to him.

Low-Mid have less availability and/or are more BEXP dependent than Mid tiers. They are still easily fixable, and can become very helfpul. High move is very helpful even in Part 4 so I can't picture any of the mounted ones any lower(except maybe Fiona). My Vika didn't reach S strike until 4-E-4 but Tear+Adept was her main power source and it seemed very dependent.

Low Tiered characters are gimped by having inferior availability. I'm not sure about Tibarn, Geoffrey and Naesala but they only have 2 chapters before endgame (3 for Geoffrey) and their performance is not so exclusive anymore. In Geoffrey's case any of the CRK can be BEXPd + Crowned and perform the same as Geoffrey, or in Marcia's and Callil's case shave more turns. Mist and Lyre have good availability but they've got to be trained for longer periods of time compared to the low-mid, or in Lyre's case cost more BEXP. What doesn't help Lyre is that she never reaches SS (maybe this applies to Kyza as well). The Dragons are still helpful for the boosts they offer so I didn't put them in bottom tier.

Bottom Tiered: Have 0 availability and even if BEXP'd they can't really offer much.

Micaiah shouldn't be in High at all, especially on top of Edward. There's hardly any change from NM & HM reguarding her, she can just survive a shot from Fighters at 1-1 in NM. And Ike should still be at Top. I don't know why he isn't there if she still lol at maps.

Edited by Soul