[FE7] The First, Eli's Random-Selection Draft Thingy

Elieson

Another FE7 draft, you're thinking, but wait, it's not?

Nope, it's not quite normal. What we're doing here is a EHM draft, nothing too special, but the selection process will be a unique process within itself. You're truly going to experience a "Randomly" selected team. What you're going to do is post a number. I'll have a picture created, which will show which unit corresponds to each number, but it won't be released until draft selections have been completed. I will have another forum member create this "Number = Unit" list, prior to selection completion, and release it only after all of us have selected our "numbers", so that way no one thinks I'm f'ing around, and so that way no one will think that I had a 1-up on knowing which numbers correspond to which units. Why pick your numbers, when you could just say give me 1-7? Because, YOU PICK YOUR TEAM, That's why.

tl;dr? You pick numbers, in a condensed format (you pick all 7 numbers at once). When all players have made their picks, you get told who you got by the selection master person.

Drafting:

[spoiler=Drafting]1. This draft is for 5 players. (7 selections, plus the freebies listed below)

2. Eliwood, Marcus, Merlinus, Serra, and Athos are free for all to use.

3. Ninian and Nils are drafted as a pair. (when their number is selected)

4. Geitz and Wallace are drafted as a pair. (when their number is selected)

5. The game will be played on Eliwood Hard Mode, skipping Lyn Mode.

Rules:

[spoiler=Rules]1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors or Chests, and talking to Fargus in Chapter 16x.

3. All Gaiden Chapters except 22x and 26x are required to be visited. 22x and 26x may be visited at the player's discretion, and don't count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken per chapter.

4. Other units may do as they please without penalty.

5. Warp and Rescue staves are not allowed.

6. Levels with a displayed "Survive X/X Turns" go by the number of turns. For instance, if it says Survive or Protect X/7, then that level hands you 7 turns, not 8.

7. The only usable items are Lockpicks, Promotion Items, Keys, Vulneraries and Elixers. Torch, Mine, Light Rune, stat boosters, Afa's Drops, Antitoxins, and other items that are used via the "Item-Use" are not allowed.

[spoiler=Penalties & Exceptions]Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Exceptions:

1. Meatshielding is allowed for Chapter 13x.

2. Lyn, Kent, Sain and Wil are free for Chapter 15.

3. Undrafted Thieves may be used to obtain necessary Promotion items. They may also be used to steal Vulneraries and Elixers from enemies.

4. Oswin and Hector are free for Chapter 12.

Teams (In Picking Order):[spoiler=Teams]Refa/13th/Kngt_Of_Titania: Karel, Hector, Wil, Nino, Lyn, Rebecca, Heath. 1,4,7,13,25,31,35

Elieson/Daigoji Excellen: Guy, Kent, Dart, Raven, Dorcas, Matthew, Sain. 2,3,5,11,17,19,21

Baldrick/blues (AKA Marth): Hawkeye, Ninian/Nils, Fiora, Rath, Lucius, Priscilla, Erk. 6,12, 18, 22, 24, 30, 33

Eclipse/Horace: Jaffar, Legault, Florina, Vaida, Oswin, Pent, Isadora. 8, 14, 15, 23, 26, 27, 34

Kopfjager/Zhalman: Renault, Geitz/Wallace, Louise, Bartre, Lowen, Harken, Canas. 9, 10, 16, 20, 28, 29, 32

Turncount Tallies

Refa/13th/Kngt_Of_Titania: 171/xxx/xxx - Averaged to ____

Elieson/Daigoji Excellen: xxx/xxx - Averaged to ____

Baldrick/blues (AKA Marth): 195/xxx - Averaged to ____

Eclipse/Horace: 178/145 - Averaged to 161.5

Kopfjager/Zhalman: xxx/188 - Averaged to ____

Edited by Elieson

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, I'll sign up.

It'll motivate me to complete that other draft I'm doing, so that'll be a nice bonus.

Also, I'm curious. What items aren't useable? Lockpicks and door/chest keys?

Edited by Refa

Lockpicks are allowed, as are keys. Healing items (sans Antitoxin) are ok. Promotion items are ok.

All other items are not usable.

Alright. We have 5 members. I'm selecting the pick order as: 3,1,4,5,2

meaning pick-order is Refa, Elieson, Baldrick, Eclipse, Kopfjager.

Everyone picks 7 numbers at a time, remember, so we can speed this along.

Just so you all know, I'm having Kngt_of_Titania select our characters using

http://www.random.org/lists/

to generate the list. It's completely random, and he is not disclosing any information to anyone, until all 5 of us have made our picks.

Banned items are anything that doesn't open a door, heal HP, or promote you. That goes for Mines, Light Runes, Afa's Drops, Antitoxin, any statbooster item, and anything else that isn't related to opening doors, promoting, or healing HP.

Ok, Apparently, I'm modifying this~

It's now a Tag-Team Average draft. If a player has more than one player alongside them, then the two average their scores together to equal out to the score for that player/slot.

Who wants me as a partner? I'm totally up for a draft where my picks are doubly out of my control.

6. The only usable items are Lockpicks, Promotion Items, Keys, Vulneraries and Elixers. Torch, Mine, Light Rune, stat boosters, Afa's Drops, Antitoxins, and other items that are used via the "Item-Use" are not allowed.

What about Dancer rings, Delphi Shield and Iron Rune?

3. Undrafted Thieves may be used to obtain necessary Promotion items. They may also be used to steal Vulneraries and Elixers from enemies.

But they can't steal anything else?

(I'm in regardless of the answers)

Edited by zahlman

Who wants me as a partner? I'm totally up for a draft where my picks are doubly out of my control.

Picks are generally in no one's control.

What about Dancer rings, Delphi Shield and Iron Rune?

They;re not selectable via Item->Use, so they;re fine.

But they can't steal anything else?

Thieves can steal promotion items, and healing items (sans AntiToxin). That's it.