Prince of Tennis Mafia - Game Over

Kaoz

Game: Prince of Tennis Mafia

Host: Kaoz

Checked by: Life

Unicycle Rules

1. In this game, there are no Day or Night phases. There's only Cycles, which are essentially Days and Nights packed into one. That's why it's called Unicycle.

2. Because of this, there will be a lynch going on during the execution of Night roles, making the game rather fast paced.

3. For most roles, the actual execution of their roles will happen after the lynch.

4. Each Cycle lasts 72 hours, unless noted otherwise. A Cycle will not end early.

5. Because of the unusually high amount of things to progress at every update, they might take longer than usual to do. So please don't bother me during updates.

6. Cycle 1 will not have deaths. However, during Cycle 1, everyone's vote is defaulted to No Lynch unless it is changed.

Other Rules

1. This is a NOC game. Whilst you are alive you can post in the game thread. Once you are dead you cannot share any information, unless you are mafia and on the same team, in which case you may talk with members of your team only, and only for strategy purposes. Knowledge aquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player.

1.1 If you give your own team a distinct advantage or an opposing team a distinct disadvantage through deadtalking, one player of your team will be god killed.

2. Every user has a Role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

2.1 Role PMs may contain italized text. That text will not be visible to any other player until you die, you may talk about it though.

3. Vote in ##Vote: USER format. Please do not edit your old posts - if you want to make a new vote, simply make a new post. Also, if you want to change your vote, you must ##Unvote first.

4. You can send in actions (if you have any) by replying to your Role PM. If you have an action, and do not want to use it, please reply to your Role PM with Cycle X - Idling, so that I know you're paying attention.

5. Be active. If I have the feeling you are inactive (not posting in the thread and/or not sending in actions), I will will reserve the right to forcefully sub you out.

6. If there's a tie at the end of a Cycle, all players that are part of it are lynched and there will be No Lynch during the next Cycle.

7. Inspection Results might not be 100% accurate.

8. This game does not feature items. Don't claim to be a Thief.

9. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed until after the game ends.

10. Death is certainly the end for everyone.

11. If you have any spreadsheets, please inform me and let me have access to them.

12. If someone is god killed, all votes that were made up to that point are automatically changed to ##Vote: No Lynch.

13. After death you are only allowed to make info-free posts. They could be simple "Fuck you, all you guys suck" posts, or "Good luck guys" sort of posts. As long as they don't contain any information about the game, it's fine. That said, don't excessively deathtalk. If living players and/or the hosts ask you to be quiet, do it.

14. If your Role PM contradicts the rules, follow your Role PM.

15. There are no hidden players.

16. At any time during the game you may reply to your Role PM with Cycle X - Send USER a SMS, followed by a message that may not exceed 200 characters. USER will receive your message as soon as I see it. Note that this is not an anonymous message. You may send up to 6 messages throughout the game.

[spoiler=Players]Bal - 3rd Party Alliance Cop - Won C4

eclipse - Town Vanilla - Killed C2

Ether Strawman the DucksawDucky - Righties JoAT - Lynched C4

JB - Lefties Ninja - Lynched C1

Kay/Kiku-Ichimonji

Kevin

Levantamos

Naglfar

Paperblade - Town Networker - Killed C3

Prims

Snike - Lefties Roleblocker - Lynched C2

Tables arachnidsGrip Core - Righties Martyr - Lynched C3

Subs:

Shinori

Radiant Dragon

Cycle 1

Cycle 2

Cycle 3

Cycle 4

Final

Postgame

Currently sending out Role PMs, please do not post yet.

Edited by Kaoz

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On your way to the stadium, you find a piece of paper on the ground. Picking it up you can read

Dear ???,

You are Tezuka Kunimitsu.

During each Cycle you may respond to your Role PM with "Cycle X - USER, become the Town's Pillar of Support". During the following Cycle, USER may use his action twice.

You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

All Role PMs have been sent out.

It is now Cycle 1. Cycle 1 will end on December 17th, 8PM GMT+0.

16. At any time during the game you may reply to your Role PM with Cycle X - Send USER a SMS, followed by a message that may not exceed 200 characters. USER will receive your message as soon as I see it. Note that this is not an anonymous message. You may send up to 6 messages throughout the game.

##Unvote

Posting to say I exist.

SMS is theoretically broken as hell since an investigative role could just PM their results to a cleared or next-to-confirmed townie, assuming one exists in the set-up. I would guess that scum probably has a role to counteract this (possibly an eavesdropper, or a way to stop people from sending messages).

Wait, Cycle 1 is no deaths? ... I can understand it in a normal game, but here, everyone's now guaranteed to last two cycles. Not that I'm really complaining.

So... why 200 characters for text messages? Why not the canonical 160?

Anyway, enough being scummy and talking about the rules. So, uh... is Prince of Tennis like, a real thing? Should I waste time looking up what it is? Eh, might as well...

also

[13:48] <Paperblade> what happens if there is a tie between a user and no lynch

[13:51] <Kaoz> technically that guy would be lynched and the next cycle would be NL.. let me think about this for a minute...

[13:54] <Kaoz> yeah, that's how it would be...

[13:54] <Paperblade> =/

[13:54] <Kaoz> blame Life

[13:55] <Paperblade> so basically

[13:55] <Paperblade> don't do that

I would like everybody's thoughts on the "Tezuka Kunimitsu" role paper that drifted down. Are we to simply assume this is the traditional "Here's an example role so the mafia have something to go off of when fake-claiming", or do you think this is actually a role that exists? Because if so, that sort of role is very dangerous to shoot blindly with. If somebody has this role, for cycle 1, a self-target, even if the mod rules it invalid, is probably better than giving the mafia a shot at double kills.

Also, ##Unvote. A real vote will arrive a little later.

##Vote Kevin

@Balcerzak: If it exists, I would assume it only applies to special actions, not factional ones.

It's possible there's some role that leaks information at the start of cycles while alive.

Who was I sheeping? Last I checked I never cited anybody's reasons for voting. Stacking votes isn't sheeping, it's just... stacking votes.

That said, I'm content keeping my vote where it is because your post borders on overreaction, as well as opportunism.

Last I checked I never cited anybody's reasons for voting.

This is the point, you voted without putting in any real reasoning. And now you're just covering your arse because of my vote. Stacking votes is scummy unless its for a reason, which you should explain.

I say this every game, but I'll say it again: There is absolutely no harm in sharing why you want to lynch someone outside of possible being cop, but even then you should probably claim to ensure the lynch.

That said, I'm content keeping my vote where it is because your post borders on overreaction, as well as opportunism.

Name a way to get discussion started then. No lynching is a terrible idea, and there's no information to base surveys from because noone's said anything, so unless you're going to say we should mass claim, which is suicidal at this stage, we should randvote no?

Or better yet, disguise a randvote as a normal vote in the hope to catch someone who's opportunistic enough to bandwagon straight away without thinking about the consequences, aka you. This is a common tactic here, and it never fails to get results, as one can see.