FE patch compilation

izanagi61

since the whole thing with SOPA started, the DL links for the most of the rom hacks don't work anymore. so i thought we could make this a one stop shop for the major patches. i mean the final patches, not anything that's currently in progress. since i'm new here, i dont have many patches, or a way to upload them, so i'm asking for your help. i know it sounds like alot of work but alot of these patches are amazing and they shouldn't fade away just because of SOPA.

basically upload the lastest version of the patch, say what it is, and give a brief description of what the creator changed. and give credit where credit is due of course.

EDIT: hack directory: https://sites.google...ack-directory-1

celice's archive: http://www.megashare.com/3893703

http://www.megashare.com/3893697

Edited by izanagi61

We tried this before. It got shot down for the same reasons I'm about to spew in your general direction right now.

"People can't be assed to give you a new patch every time there's an update"

"We don't trust you to organize this" (Yes, that is intended to be offensive, but tbh I don't trust myself to do this either so I have no reason to have faith in you)

"You're going to get a grand total of nothing because we're too lazy to come up with a blurb"

And then we get into the fact that you say "no in-progress ones" which leaves you with a number that I can count on my two hands.

Unless you count the various one-off short hacks in which case I need the toes on my left foot as well.

also, before anyone comes in with some BS about how the japanese hacks need saving as well I think they have it pretty well under control and it's not our concern

EDIT: Yep, I'm not crazy, we did try this. And it died.

EDIT2: Mind you, I'm not saying that this is a bad idea. If you want to go find all the hacks and write it up etc. yourself, all power to you. But on the other hand, don't expect us to come to you to archive this. If anything, a wiki of this shit would be best.

Edited by Camtech

I have an active archive running right now of all the patches I come across, for any game. My Fire Emblem archive is currently at 59MB compressed, an uncompressed

jQk0s.png

Not many of them are English hacks/resources, mostly because many of them have disappeared over time. I made a thread/post mentioning I would archive any hacking projects or resources anyone wanted to make sure were recorded, but no one responded. I don't mind it myself, though.

Edited by Celice

We tried this before. It got shot down for the same reasons I'm about to spew in your general direction right now.

"People can't be assed to give you a new patch every time there's an update"

"We don't trust you to organize this" (Yes, that is intended to be offensive, but tbh I don't trust myself to do this either so I have no reason to have faith in you)

"You're going to get a grand total of nothing because we're too lazy to come up with a blurb"

And then we get into the fact that you say "no in-progress ones" which leaves you with a number that I can count on my two hands.

Unless you count the various one-off short hacks in which case I need the toes on my left foot as well.

also, before anyone comes in with some BS about how the japanese hacks need saving as well I think they have it pretty well under control and it's not our concern

EDIT: Yep, I'm not crazy, we did try this. And it died.

EDIT2: Mind you, I'm not saying that this is a bad idea. If you want to go find all the hacks and write it up etc. yourself, all power to you. But on the other hand, don't expect us to come to you to archive this. If anything, a wiki of this shit would be best.

... wow you're rude. did you miss the whole " i'm new here and i'll need help" part? this'll bea joint project. you make it sound unnecessarily hard. all you have to is post any patch you have to mediafire, or any place that still works, then post the link here. simple. if you dont want to help, no ones forcing you.

I have an active archive running right now of all the patches I come across, for any game. My Fire Emblem archive is currently at 59MB compressed, an uncompressed

jQk0s.png

Not many of them are English hacks/resources, mostly because many of them have disappeared over time. I made a thread/post mentioning I would archive any hacking projects or resources anyone wanted to make sure were recorded, but no one responded. I don't mind it myself, though.

awesome. do you mind uploading some? no rush. a few here or there in your spare time. and is that a POR hack im your sig? is it just a picture is it a full game? if its the latter, please tell me where i can find it, or PM me if you have it.

I guess laziness, although arguably if you've finished a full hack, you're anything but lazy :P You could always PM authors of fully completed hacks and ask them for permission, but I doubt people will come forward to put their patches in.

... wow you're rude. did you miss the whole " i'm new here and i'll need help" part? this'll bea joint project. you make it sound unnecessarily hard. all you have to is post any patch you have to mediafire, or any place that still works, then post the link here. simple. if you dont want to help, no ones forcing you.

@bolded: hi you must be new here OH WAIT I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF YOU'RE NEW IT IS NOT MY JOB TO BE ALL SMILEY FACE

honestly I'm sick of little fucks showing up and using the fact that 'they're new' as some kind of shield, I don't care about that. You could have been here since opening or for all of forty-five seconds for all I care, if you can't earn my respect I will not hold back. If you want me to be nice, give me reason to give you the benefit of the doubt, otherwise fuck off about my attitude.

For example, if you had actually made a reasonable suggestion (such as a wiki), I would have actually supported this.

inb4 warn

Not to mention that you still haven't addressed the fact that your clause of 'must be completed' limits the english patches to about 14, 15 total. Maybe 18 if you're flexible with 'completed'

If you want to do this kind of thing, go do it yourself. I will again point you to the last time we tried this. It failed.

Edited by Camtech

In short, people are too lazy to do the simplest of things, like make a joint patch directory. I tried and it's in progress except a combination of business + laziness has not let me finish it. Either one person takes the initiative to get a ton of other people to join, or a ton of other people take the initiative on their own to join. Both are pretty hard and take a lot of effort sooooo >_> Especially when most people feel it's morally correct to ask hack creator's to share their patch in a place that is not under their control (i.e. their own topic, site, etc). Like one problem with just throwing my hacks in a batch file is that they won't be necessarily up to date unless someone bothers to keep them up to date. Though I really don't care at this point what people do only because I'm feeling exceptionally lazy right now

I'm always feeling exceptionally lazy. How do I even hack at all? But yeah, since you generally need one's permission to post their work or even their download link, sometimes, it gets kinda frustrating, I'd bet. And, as Blazer said, keeping them up to date is a bitch, although for the most part with completed hacks you shouldn't have that problem.

"Dropbox" would probably be a good option.

I love how my suggestion towards the topic's original purpose was completely ignored.

I'm pretty sure if someone put in a time to create a public folder with all the patches, it would work.

Now, as for the storm that is going on. Yes, Cam is freaking rude. It's true. But you shouldn't take it to heart. You're not gonna survive this forum if you do.

We're sorry, Rey unsure.gif It's a good suggestion, pretty much that or wikia like Cam said would be the best options, I'd say :P If we're gonna be on track...

(Offtrack, Cam is only really rude if you show yourself to be somehow incompetent. :3 But it only takes one slip...)

I love how my suggestion towards the topic's original purpose was completely ignored.

I'm pretty sure if someone put in a time to create a public folder with all the patches, it would work.

Now, as for the storm that is going on. Yes, Cam is freaking rude. It's true. But you shouldn't take it to heart. You're not gonna survive this forum if you do.

thank you. that's kinda what i was going for. and by complete i mean never being worked on again. i thought that was obvious but everyone keeps saying " it'll be hard to keep it updated because of new patches." if its getting worked on, leave it alone. period.

awesome. do you mind uploading some? no rush. a few here or there in your spare time. and is that a POR hack im your sig? is it just a picture is it a full game? if its the latter, please tell me where i can find it, or PM me if you have it.

Sure. Megashare actually gave a free premium membership to whoever wanted one the other day, so I created a spam email and took the opportunity. These files should be valid for the next year, from such.

http://www.megashare.com/3893697

http://www.megashare.com/3893703

And that pic you're talking about, I was playing around with the free cam is all :p

and is that a POR hack in your sig? is it just a picture is it a full game? if its the latter, please tell me where i can find it, or PM me if you have it.

That is probably just using Dolphin's Camera hack or something similar to zoom into Mist and Greil's Character models on the maps.

What I would really suggest is you go on the Serenes Forest wiki and set up some pages with information and download links available. I don't have the time for it myself, but it's the best idea so far that takes the least amount of work, and also is open to everyone with almost no knowledge required (wikis are incredibly simple :) ). The fact that the articles are public makes it easier to maintain by anyone including egotistical author's who want their works to sound the best

Edited by Celice

Actually, if you want to join the wiki, you need to contact me so I can give you an account. I realise it's a bit inconvenient (although it only requires a PM from you and a read from me), but there's no other way for me to stop those dreaded spambots.

• 4 weeks later...

I really suggest just using our SF Wiki as well for something like this, like a few other projects have already. That way there are several people who can edit things in if they want, including the people involved in the project themselves.