The first FE10 SOYO draft

Junkhead

ok, guys. Integ wanted me to re-direct the topic to another new topic, and for the sake of logging our progress, I accepted.

What is a SOYO?

A SOYO (abbreviation of "Screw over your opponent") is a drafting style that consists in choosing for your opponents to make their team look as awful as possible. You pick after the person next to you. In the case of the drafter last on the list, he picks for the person before him/her.

The ruleset is the following:

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 7 players.

2. Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Geoffrey, the Herons, the Black Knight, and Lehran are free for all to use.

3. The drafting order is reversed for the last round of picks.

4. Haar is banned from drafting.

5. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, Rescue and Shove/Smite undrafted characters and NPCs, trade, Escape/Arrive, and transfer items/skills between teams.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors and Chests, finding hidden items, and giving Blood Tide/Night Tide/White Pool bonuses.

3. Allied and Other units may do as they please without penalty.

4. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter (1-6 counts as 2 chapters, and 4-E counts as 5 chapters).

Exceptions:

1. One of Edward or Nolan is free for each of 1-P, 1-1 and 1-2.

2. Volug is free for 1-5.

3. Elincia, Marcia and Nealuchi are free for 2-P

4. Nephenee and Brom are free for 2-1.

5. One undrafted, non-Lucia unit is free for 2-2.

6. One undrafted, 7 move unit is free for 3-1.

7. One undrafted, 6 move unit is free for 3-3.

And one last thing, if you're willing to join- Please finish. Thank you.

Character list:

Drafters, teams and representatives:

1. Integrity - Bastian, Pelleas, Sanaki, Tormod, Laura, Callil, Soren, Ilyana, Marcia.

2. Quintessence - Gareth, Vika, Astrid, Danved, Lethe, Heather, Shinon, Tanith, Edward.

3. Soul - Oliver, Stefan, Renning, Tauroneo, Muarim, Mordecai, Randulf, Ulki, Nephenee.

4. Silver Harpoon - Mist, Leonardo, Rofl, Rhys, Makalol, Titania, Mia, Janaff, BROlan.

5. Ulki - Kyza, Lyre, Brom, Gatrie, Lucia, Sigrun, Oscar, Boyd, Jill.

6. Marciaxrolf - Fiona, Ena, Meg, Aran, Caineghis, Nealuchi, Tibarn, Nailah, Volug.

7. Origin - Kurthnaga, Volke, Nasir, Giffca, Skrimir, Naesala, Elincia, Kieran, Zihark.

Edited by Soul

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, um...I don't know how to say this but, Fenrir said he has no time for FE10 now. He told me to find him a subtitude.

Anyone? And no, I will not take a double-drafter, Quintessence.

beh, I'll throw my lot in.

GET AT ME

EDIT: haha im an asshat

UNITS REMAINING:

Edward

Nolan

Volug

Jill

Zihark

Nailah

Marcia

Nephenee

Boyd

Janaff

Ulki

Tanith

Edited by Integrity

Soul, it's "screw over your opponent (SOYO)", not "screw your opponent over (SYOO)"

Hmph.

How is Renning>Sanaki?

Why are you asking me here? Go ask that at the tier list thread. Anyway, that is not my stance.

Edited by Soul

LISTEN, YOU.

Fenrir drafts for Quintessence.

Quintessence drafts for me.

I draft for Silver Harpoon.

Silver Harpoon drafts for you.

You drafts for Marciaxrolf.

Marciaxrolf drafts for Origin.

Origin drafts for Marciaxrolf twice.

Marciaxrolf drafts for Origin again.

And so on.

Bold is where you confuse me, that just causes them to have more units than the rest, and it doesn't stop pkl and origin from doing things like give me nolan, you get titania.

Also, Fiona

Soul. Thats not how it works...with ur method, integ will be left with less until the last rounds and cr and me will have more units. CR picks for integ and me. Then, i pick for slayerX...Anyway, I give CR kurthnage.

"Origin drafts for Marciaxrolf twice" should be "Origin drafts for Fenrir twice" - or drafts for me twice, as it now were. Just a typo.

Edited by Integrity

No. It's exactly like a regular draft, except the units get shifted down a slot. If I quote that and append tallies here:

INTEGRITY drafts for Quintessence. QUIN 1

Quintessence drafts for SOUL. QUIN 1, SOUL 1

SOUL drafts for Silver Harpoon. QUIN 1, SOUL 1, POON 1

Silver Harpoon drafts for ULKI. QUIN 1, SOUL 1, POON 1, ULKI 1

ULKI drafts for Marciaxrolf. QUIN 1, SOUL 1, POON 1, ULKI 1, PKL 1

Marciaxrolf drafts for Origin. QUIN 1, SOUL 1, POON 1, ULKI 1, PKL 1, ORIGIN 1

Origin drafts for INTEGRITY twice. QUIN 1, SOUL 1, POON 1, ULKI 1, PKL 1, ORIGIN 1, INT 2

Marciaxrolf drafts for Origin again. QUIN 1, SOUL 1, POON 1, ULKI 1, PKL 1, ORIGIN 2, INT 2

and it keeps going.

Next would be Ulki drafting for PKL and on.

EDIT: This is why I prefer the teams to be held under their drafters' names until the end, then shifted en masse to the screwed opponents. It averts these ridiculous shenanigans and makes drafting order easier to keep track of.

Edited by Integrity

Im mindfucked atm tbh...but ill trust u >.>. Also, what stops ppl from giving the other a good unit and the other giving them a good unit as payback? Ive seen 13th shadow get away with it...

That's why it drafts in the order I provided; nobody drafts in pairs. You can give Origin a good unit, but you have to trust that Ulki will give you a good one in return, and he's unconnected to either of you draft-wise.

13's case was a special one where he loosely interpreted "screw over your opponents" as "give horace all the things" which was fucked up and there really isn't a mechanism against it beyond "don't do it guys".