Rate the Unit, Day 24: Vyland

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Each ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. 13th May start the topic again but i am not sure. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Matthis: 0.86

Darros: 2.45

Roshea: 2.88

Gordin: 3.11

Bord: 4.37

Navarre: 4.66

Cord: 4.87

Castor: 5.54

Merric: 5.58

Wrys: 5.92

Marth: 6.33

Sedgar: 6.57

Wolf: 6.67

Julian: 6.60

Jagen: 6.98

Draug: 7.12

Ogma: 7.56

Hardin: 8.70

Abel: 8.76

Cain: 8.90

Lena: 9.26

Barst: 9.40

Sheeda: 9.89

Subpar class set A character who brings nothing amazing to the table. Curate --> Sniper material. Best used as a sacrifice in chapter 5.

2.5/10 (With -1 bias included because I hate his face)

Hooray for laziness!

Same Strength growth as Hardin, without the ability to leverage it. He has decent Speed and bases that exist?

1.75/10 (an ever-so-slightly higher score than Matthis, because he's got more bases than 2 HP)

2/10 -1 bias = 1/10. Is there any point to give one of the non-Hardin Aurellis cavs a higher rating than the other? They both suck anyways.

Edited by Fancy Grunt

Same Strength growth as Hardin, without the ability to leverage it. He has decent Speed and bases that exist?

1.75/10 (an ever-so-slightly higher score than Matthis, because he's got more bases than 2 HP)

This is my vote as well.

Wut happened? He spent all his time polishing his hair that he forgot to go to the store and buy any growths

Look at his horse. His horse is amazing.

Funny enough. His growths are not too horrible. His Str and Speed will grow pretty decent. Not top class of course but it's okayish.

MUCH better then Roshea.

To boot he has a steel lance on joining. I personally do not use him in my PT but he could be a candidate for drafts for sure.

2/10 This guys actually has a spd growth, not to mention pretty decent str growth. THat HP growth and Def growth make hi less durable than Roshea... until you factor in doubling. Yeah, that 30% HP growth doesn't realy differentiate much between the two. Still, he has sucky bases. >.<

I find it funny clipsey rates Roshea a 7 but Vyland a 1.75.

Let's see...

-Shit Str

-Shit Skill

-Shit Luck

-Shit Def

-Cannot get Res above 6

Overall 1.75/10

Trash.

Edited by リンダ

Vyland Y U EXIST? 1/10

He exists to be a meme in the Japanese fanbase apparently.

Well, unlike how IS treated Roshea, Vyland has been consistently bad throughout his various appearances in the series.

-Cannot get Res above 6

Curate -> Sniper Bishop

Better than his Paladin route, at least he doesn't have to fight to do stuff.