H5 Blind playthrough log - COMPLETED!

Irysa

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 hp, 13 str, 13 def, and 20 fucking speed is pretty ridiculous. <_<

I might try to get her just one more level before promoting so there isn't an exp surplus (she's sitting on like 51, OCD lol). Not getting oneshotted by arrowspates to recruit Jake (what a stupid recruit requirement. Went to look this one up again...) would be nice and save me a warp use.

Edited by Irysa

there's little point in doing so anyway, the dracoknight speed cap is really low and Shiida rams it immediately

the reclassing to another class thing to gain speed. I didn't see there was another page lol

Edited by General Horace

Doesn't matter much anyways though. She still has enough Move as a Draco to not get killed by Jake.

EDIT: Sigh...and now that I see that you actually ARE using Sedgar and Wolf, I regret not joining sooner. I had some...tips about how to use them, if you happen to know their um...secret.

EDIT2: Seems you do. Ok then, I know that what I would usually do is

forge a +10 to Might and some to Hit Iron Axe, make Sedgar a Hero, and get in Ricardo's jail cell to solo some enemies, all while sending Caeda up to stop the thieves. Usually, I'd get Sedgar up to Level 4 before the next chapter, turn him into a General, then warp him to the closest reinforcement fort with a ton of Javelin's to gain like 5 levels off of the reinforcements. Finally, make him go Hero again, give him a bunch of Hand Axes, and kill all reinforcements once again

And they say training Sedgar is tough work ;)!

Edited by FionordeQuester

Uh, I'm not really interested in grinding reinforcements. He's growing at a fine rate as it is anyway even with just chipping, especially since I'm throwing him kills on DKs when possible (which isnt hard thanks to steel bows)

Edited by Irysa

I'm writing up chapter 11 right now, but I had to share this first.

wXMbcuN.png

Waiting one more level was totally worth it. (even if I had to reset twice because of crits and the PKs...)

She promoted in chapter. Stats are absurd now lol.

[spoiler=Chapter 11] I dunno who to throw the speedwings on right now. As I tend to do in blind runs, I'll probably just end up saving it way too long instead of using it when its most effective. Derp.

kDATQof.png

Sedgar is looking pretty good now. His stats are comparable to Ogma except with more def (and its nearly always going to go up even if I make him a Hero.) However I need his bows and tankiness for this chapter again.

7RsESv9.png

Minerva is a neat unit, puts my fliers up to 3. A Axes is unique among my team, having better Lance rank would be really nice though. Her stats are similar to DK Wendell but her growths are a lot better. Maria is pointless when I have Lena and can just reclass Meric if neccessary.

y38SoA3.png

I'm not making the same mistake I did last time with the Pyrathi boss. I went to check up what stat gains Firestones actually give, since the stupid game doesn't show them unlike others in the series. Str +8, Skl +4, Spd +4, Def +9, Res +4. This puts his stat totals to:

str 18

skl 18

spd 18

def 15

res 05

This is incredibly intimidating, especially since he his highlight displays move (unlike other bosses that don't move in this game.). Only Ogma, Wendell and Shiida can avoid getting doubled, and Wendell gets oneshot anyway. With promo gains Shiida will survive, but will do insignificant damgae. Ogma conveniently can use the Wyrmslayer, which hits him hard. I considered a forge but he can't oneshot the boss without excessive MT being added on, so I figure I'll just have Merric chip him with Excalibur first.

AVfiyBS.png

Funnily enough, since the boss isn't on the gate, there's this generic cav sitting there instead. I wish he'd drop his forged Javelin instead of the regular one...the rest of the cavs are nothing special, silvers and forged javelins. PKs have forged javelins and are also very fast, they will ORKO nearly everyone. Luckily I have general Sedgar on my side who laughs in their face. To the south east there are some 14 AS silver sword mercs who are dangerous, but don't have 1-2 so they should be easy enough to deal with.

JhiLw2e.pngCCh9ePA.png

Ugh, Ballistas. Between all of them, they cover about 50% of the map. Ballistas are a bit more interesting in this game though since there are more varied properties, and since its a class they scale as opposed to being flat. Jake has the usual kind thats just arrows that rape fliers, the southern throws boulders which is highly innaccurate but has high MT, whilst the northmost dude basically has a bolting. However since his mag stat is 0, he isn't as potentially threatening as the usual kind of siege tome enemy.

Jake has one of the most annoying recruitments. You have to visit a specific house, then have Shiida talk to him. Unfortunately, Jake's range is 10, and Shiida's mov is 8. If she goes to another class to not get oneshot by arrowspate, she's kind of dead weight without her Lances and doubling capabilities. You basically have to Warp her or promote in order to recruit him. Fortunately Shiida is level 10, but since she has 51 exp I opt to wait and promote her midchapter, so she can get one extra level.

vc4apQB.png

Speaking of more annoying things, this asshole has a forged killer bow.

HF0kyYn.png

Thank god for map saves.

NoyR2LD.png

Cord is going Hunter for this map since the only enemies he's going to be safely attacking as a fighter are in areas that are probably going to demand quick clearing via Ridersbane/Win Spear. He also contributes nothing against the fast silver sword mercs. He actually does about the same damage (if not more) than Jeorge does even with only Iron Bows anyway, so whatever.

csylvZi.png

Starting lineup. Well, second starting lineup. First time, I had to restart because the left PK didn't move as I expected and I didn't have anyone hit it on turn 3. Derp.

kwikGuW.png

Everyone pretty much just moves over to the left to dodge the PKs and ballista. Barst and Castor stay behind to kill the second PK if she goes south instead of east. Sedgar can handle them otherwise.

Cain Abel and Jagen blitz up the front in order to quickly block off an enemy thief.

408dA1k.png

Abel is just fast enough to avoid being doubled by the mercs, so he goes up front to bait one of them out quickly.

fXZDIbI.pngJTKBrKK.png

Down south, with this positioning Barst can safely bait one PK with a hand axe whilst the other won't have anything else to hit other than Sedgar, who doesn't give a shit.

D3QYKtz.png

With everyone else safe, I move my fliers over the mountain to chip the mercs a bit.

VGqD4Pi.png

Uh, Shiida, your crit is cool and all but now now you're exposed twice...

U1RAWs9.pngtg6iHoi.png

Ugh

Al4cJje.png

Shiida really wants to make up for that reset, since on attempt #3 she dodged instead. Neat.

7aRw6zp.png

Barst dodged too lol. Next turn, Cord and Castor blicked the PKs.

MutCkCt.png

Jagen...

VggY6jy.png

Whatever, Sedgar chips in and levels up. At this point it's I should probably only say anything if he gets luk or a 2x def proc since everything else is lolsedgar.

qC6NpWh.png

Can actually has enough def combined with WTA to barely survive the other merc who will get baited once he kills this one, even though he gets doubled.

A658oHv.png

Welp, he's not getting doubled anymore.

evTJyZh.png

Shiida crits again, although this was uneccessary since she'd kill him with a doubled javelin anyway. Wendell and Minerva also back off to the mountains to javelin chip.

oJoxX8Y.png

The thief is a pussy and ran away from my units instead of beelining the village. Cute. The Merc's can't get on the mountains so they just start heading to the chokepoint.

kYbGV6a.pngjX9g3DE.png

C bows! Yay I guess. He's also just in range to bait another Merc, so Ogma tradeswaps him to his lance before I finish off this other Merc.

AqE6MAu.png

Can't complain, he's already blessed.

drXkRd9.png

And with this last kill...

ADyNyd7.png

The unthinkable happens and Shiida gets str and def in the same level up AGAIN. She's still carrying the master seal, and will be using it shortly.

YkGMSAk.png

Save that shit.

Hllx1mY.png

This guy is stubbornly sitting at the village, which means I can't mop up the other mercs with Wendell and Minerva. :\

9qVHQ8D.png

I mopped up the rest of the mercs except for that guy still sitting at the bottom, whom Minerva will bait. Jagen and Cain killed the thief. Shiida goes to visit this village, which is required to recruit Jake.

Vq3lnpe.png

Its Anna! Also that is about all the hint you'll get for recruiting him.

sdEdvXJ.png

Jagen actually has a resistance stat, so he can waste some of the charges of that ballista, who uses mag (he has 0) and is not very strong. The ideal unit for this is Lena though since she's certified to have the best resistance, enough to tink the actual shots.

psx0os6.pngqMRxH83.png

I bought a mend stave, since heal doesn't always cut it and I only have one. Shiida promotes, look at those disgusting stats. People get moved around and stuff.

zP8L15V.png

Marth visits.

vaGOYq3.pnglO7Y1Vr.png

It's only a tiara wearing prince you buffoon, man up.

dMO8SQL.pngyDsWDMi.png

Reverse trapped. Also, damn she's a looker...

zNekMja.pngaEhHkxr.png9fK5I5a.pngPDBNgj4.png

Not with those stats and levels girl, sorry. If anyone's using that magic, it's probably going to be Lena, assuming I can get her rank up.

6eVWCRA.png

Since Shiida is freshly promoted, I go for a round in the arena. She should be doubling everything and her stats are so solid that even H5 arena enemies cant be that big of a challenge right?

QRpv1ba.png

Piece of cake. I'm not here to arena abuse though! I doubt anyone but Shiida can reliably win in the arena anyway, and you cant rescue drop people off the arena in this game...

nXMl5Nf.png2rbkGNV.png

I already have a second rapier waiting for Marth once his Estoc runs out so to be hoenst, I don't really see the need for another one. I buy another steel lance and steel axe though, and a javelin and hand axe.

35alxpx.png

I gave Cord a run in the arena. Because he's a hunter now instead of a fighter, if the arena in this game works the same as the others, he'll only go up against mages and other archers, who he shouldn't have problems against due to his solid str. Was an easy win against a dark mage. This level up was also ridulous.

nUGFFC6.png

Up north, Lena is now tanking the ballista and healing everyone up for some free exp. I'm kind of wishing I'd just made Merric a curate for this chapter, he could have easily leeched more staff rank.

dYPUE86.png1E9ZMYr.png

I sent Wendell to the arena too since he's speedy but uh, no way I'm taking those odds.

d7twLqC.png

The dreaded no stat level up...

JcPWq5z.png

Castor had a shot in the arena too and also had an easy dark mage to fight.

sWA20zU.png

The stupid ballista actually missed twice so he took even longer to burn out of charges. Lena healed so much she got another level up.

EZ3r96m.png

Finally. Unfortuantely there is a problem with just killing this guy once I move up...

VfbIj7q.pngWEIl2BH.pngzzLWxb5.png

The killer bow sniper is in range to snipe whoever's standing on that fort. There is fortunately a battle save right before this though. The ballistician himself is quite tanky and is on a fort. Luckily Merric doubles him for good damage with just fire, so he's not going to take that long to kill. HOWEVER, killing him immediatly is also bad because there's a silver bow 15 AS Horseman to the south, who if the ballistician dies can move onto his spot and kill merric. I could kill him and then have sedgar block but I'm not gambling on a crit so I'm going to use the battle save before killing the ballistician. This means Merric has to wait another turn since he can't get onto the spot above the dude to chip him though so in the meantime I'm baiting in the sniper and horseman with Sedgar and saving. He can also retaliate with his steel bow for good damage on EP.

rFXsLuN.png

Shiida cleanly kills this Sniper now, Cord finishes the Ballistician after Merric chips, and Sedgar takes the kill on the Horseman with help from Barst.

dsysV6e.png

Ogma COULD go to bait the dragon now but I'd rather recruit jake first so he doesnt stand the risk of two enemy attacks (he WILL die if both hit him). We're also all still in range of the stonehoist ballista who should probably die first.

J7Iw1U2.png

This is 2 turns later but the cavaliers aggro'd so I moved back again with Sedgar. He is actually just barely fast enough to avoid being doubled.

bxnKKwt.png

I could have win speared but I need this position to be on the edge of Jake's range so I can recruit him next turn. Barst got the other cav and Abel ridersbanes the last one.

4xMcuD9.png

I have honestly never had my christmas knights be this evenly balanced in any FE game so far.

3OuvIz9.pngBDlge12.png

Next turn, time to get Jake!

iPhaJDA.pngkPTw1jE.png

Not important, but she crit the cavalier with her javelin too lol. This level up is more normal, thank god.

IcjnsDW.png

Eventually I kill the last ballista, Barst levels, and it's time to kill the boss. I am honestly surprised reinforcements have not spawned, seems like the perfect map to fuck you over with.

M0vrO4v.pngh3K7khW.png

This could be a problem...

dsw0VkJ.png

Well luckily I did bring Excalibur Merric along. So it was a good thing I didn't make him a curate here after all.

PWiGsTy.pngDAW2z1h.png

Now all Marth has to do is seize! But first, lets talk with Jake.

h9KJ4AN.png11NthTJ.pngYuG5ymD.pngq6iyDCo.pngGrpBvlH.pnggj0Xnfz.png55VhGDR.png01AfdWB.pngX5sgi2d.pnghwwSuEl.png0H5CcvM.png2HjcnyB.pngdcGqp4Z.pngaWRFyhv.pngoC4EPBF.png

Well that was definitely worth reading.

XQf5WTa.png

Marth seizes.

Chapter 11 turncount - 25 (dat ballista stall)

Total turns - 168

Edited by Irysa

I'm really enjoying this run. FE11 playthroughs are always interesting to read, and the discussion here was worth reading, too. I'd be glad to join in. GO LENA.

Next chapter you'll see the awesomeness that is TOMAS.

Now that I think of it, perhaps it would be best to use those Speedwings on Lena? If you're seriously going to have her use Aura and the like, she's frankly going to need all the help she can get, Staff leveling or no, because her stats SSSUUUUUUUUUCK!

Considering Lena is the only unit who is probably going to able to be promoted at 20 (lol staff exp is dumb in this game), its sort of canceling out. But I can see your point, her speed growth is garbage and she's only being kept in there by her bases and extra levels. I don't really know how important aura is though or like...anything really. I think I know that Gharnef is some mage boss and you have to use a mage against him? Unless aura's the only one that works Merric should be able to handle it.

Edited by Irysa

Well, believe me, those extra levels aren't going to mean as much when we start going into the endgame. Plus, you need to start working on her weapon rank if you want her to reach B Magic before Chapter 24! Just imagine how much easier that will be if she can actually double things!

Lena probably wont be doubling anything ever with the speedwings so its probably not worth it

Actually, in the very next chapter alone, all the cavaliers, all the clerics, all the armors, and the General can be doubled by someone with 14 Speed, i.e., Lena with a Speedwings, so I don't think it'd be as impossible as one might think.

EDIT: I get this info from the H5 Enemy Stats thread by the by.

Is there like a certain amount of speed marth needs to kill stuff with Falchion, like the final boss or w/e in this game? Requirements like that pop up quite frequently in the series so I'm typically wary of it after FE6 (I hoarded all my statboosters and managed to make Roy actually usable on my first run in the last chapters!)

Edited by Irysa

Honestly...Roy's kind of screwed against Medeus, because, believe it or not, he will actually be doubled even WITH capped Speed, since he only has 25!

So yeah, Eclipse is correct.

EDIT: Also, as for one-rounding enemies, no, even with maxed Strength and Speed, it's just about impossible for Marth to do that to anybody in the endgame except Heroes and Bishops, since everything else either has too much AS (dragons) or is too bulky (Draco's and Generals)...

I mean, technically you could forge him some stuff, but obviously that's not what you meant, right?