Enemy Unit description problem

PKL

So, let's see how I can explain this. In my hack, I used a lot of enemy IDs that aren't normally used and adjusted their base stats. I would literally copy a unit, say:

0x8E which is a Bazba Bandit ID

and make another unit. For example, 0x8F

which is another Bazba Bandit, but with adjusted base stats for Ch3. 0x90 is an Archer in those maps, etc.

So, what's the problem? The enemy descriptions. Everything about them is functional except for their descriptions.

0x8E uses 0xAE for unit description, which is:

"A member of Bazba's bandits, who

roam this region."

or so I thought just by looking at Nightmare. I did some more researching and found that the description that unit uses is actually 0x2AE

That's "A member of Bazba's bandits, who roam this region"

And 0xAE, which is what I copy pasted, is "Turn unit Window Off" in the options menu.

The problem here, is that Nightmare, for some reason, has a 2 character limit (or so it seems to me) in the unit description value of character editor.nmm. So, if i want to make the new units share Bazba's bandits description, I don't seem to be able to. As I input the 0x2AE into unit description value and it instantly reverts to 0xAE due to the character limit, changing back to Turn Unit Window off. I was wondering if anyone here knows how to fix it. I kinda need help at this point.

I have the same problem.

It's like if the game automatically considers that 0xAE as 0x2AE for the actual bandits that are in the original game, but the other character slots don't get the same treatment.

Anyway you can't write 0x2AE simply because the unit description is only made by one byte. It's AE in hex, it can't be 02 AE.

Let's see if someone can help us on this matter.

I have the same problem.

It's like if the game automatically considers that 0xAE as 0x2AE for the actual bandits that are in the original game, but the other character slots don't get the same treatment.

Anyway you can't write 0x2AE simply because the unit description is only made by one byte. It's AE in hex, it can't be 02 AE.

Let's see if someone can help us on this matter.

Bolded: oh, I see.

I'm hoping someone can help us too. :)

somebody must have typo'd when making these

4G0UA.png

FE8 Character Editor by SpyroDi
0x803D30
FE8 Character Editor.txt
NULL

Name value
NEHU
NULL

Description value
NEHU
NULL

Character Number
NEHU
NULL

the one labeled "description value" should have 2 2 instead of 2 1 right after it