L'arachel is a beast

Alen

You can't use torch on maps without fog of war. Aside from Skirmishes, chapter 19 is your only real option to spam torch with L'Arachel unless you ship her a Torch Staff in her joining map, by which time the map is nearly over. That is not a reasonable solution for her.

If you're grinding then it's largely irrelevant to the point of having finished the game by then anyway.

Dozla is not a bad unit.

Actually, she starts with a Torch staff in Eirika's route.

Maybe, but I definitely don't see him as a good unit, either...

L'Arachel can solo floor 1 of the Lagdou ruins as a Level 1 Valkyrie and get to level 20 by the end of the floor.

I've tried this and it's BS

She gets maybe 10 levels

Yes, she's fantastic. If you promote her.

The awkwardness of training her up to 20 almost makes it not worth it.

Almost. Then she gets a tome and goes to town.

(Also her and Eph are one of two pairs I really like in that game. It's cringeworthy and silly, but it's funny- and a good support pair)

Why is L'Arachel "worth training" if it takes a ton of time.

I mean, Lute hits Mage Knight sooner and can hit A staves in a reasonable amount of time anyways.

Natasha has more time and similar growths, etc.

Like I said, it is a pain to train any trobadour (or cleric). (Especially if you try and get as many levels as possible before promotion.) I was going to argue horse, but I always forget Mage Knight's in this game (and that Lute/Ewan can get it). And when you look at growths L'Arachel outdoes both (i.e. more than 5% gap between highest and next highest) in one stat only. Skill, which isn't as big a deal for the tomes she wields at promotion. So barring supports, there's not much of a difference and getting L'Arachel past halfway is an issue.

It's really how you perceive it. I'm a mage nut with FE in general and tend to have more mage than melee units anyway. So raising L'Arachel isn't so daunting. (Yes this is a fan spiel, I'm not saying anyone else thinks that way)

Besides, this thread isn't exactly one which expects coherent arguments. *looks at title.

or 10

Yup. Even there she will be pretty great.

I... thought it was common knowledge L'Arachel is awesome. I mean... It's not as if base level was important for a staffer. You use her every turn and in no time she will max level. Then she promote and wreck everything around. She doesn't need to be at ennemy's distance and can act every turn.

She's far easier to train than Amelia (Not Ewan, because he's a mage).

So, yeah... L'Arachel is easy to train and rocks. Nothing new under the sun.

• 4 weeks later...

My main issue with L'Arachel is it is hard to train her without the steal enemies' stuff glitch (so she can use the monster dark spells to attack until she promotes). Though if you do use the glitch, I'll agree she's great.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, personality wise L'Arachel/Rachel/Dozla's BFF is the best.

RENNEC! COME HERE REENNEECC!!

No go away.

*Rennac runs off and I lose him forever*

Later on colm becomes an assassin and I don't have anything to rape TOV's third floor's chest.

(From my own experience :C)

Actually, she starts with a Torch staff in Eirika's route.

Maybe, but I definitely don't see him as a good unit, either...

By that time I had Ross, and he was a Warrior.

His dad never got to be a Warrior.

His dad died a Fighter.

RIP Garcia.

Your beard was too sexy for you to live.

Edited by RedAbsol0

• 3 weeks later...

She doesn't even join that late? Literally has 12 chapters (half the game, mind you) to go through. plus you cannot say someone joined too late to grow in fire emblem 8.

also, all assassins can use lockpicks @ the guy who said he didn't have anything to get TOV's chest (even though that was said like a hundred years ago)

Edited by phobia

She doesn't even join that late? Literally has 12 chapters (half the game, mind you) to go through. plus you cannot say someone joined too late to grow in fire emblem 8.

She joins in chapter 11 both routes, but late enough she's barely doing anything (if at all). So chapters 12 to Endgame, which is 11 chapters.

The problem is stafflock is terrible for EXP. Unlike later games, there's no reasonable staves to spam for EXP, and instead you can just assume L'arachel is earning 11 EXP per turn, with occasional extra amounts from bigger staves. So it probably takes around 55-60 turns just until she can promote. If you say an average of 15 turns per chapter, then she's not promoting until just before chapter 16. At level 10 or 11. And a 10/1 L'arachel is not really that impressive.