Which characters did you like and why?

BANRYU

I've actually started taking a liking to Tharja recently. She is surprisingly kind and sensitive in a lot of her supports, for example by offering to heal Lon'Qu of his fear for women. She is a horrible mother, but personally I think that it is caused by her not knowing how to be a good mother, not because she doesn't want to be a good mother.

It is a shame that the game never really expands on her backstory, since her attitude and actions most likely could be caused by being neglected or abused in her own childhood.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually started taking a liking to Tharja recently. She is surprisingly kind and sensitive in a lot of her supports, for example by offering to heal Lon'Qu of his fear for women. She is a horrible mother, but personally I think that it is caused by her not knowing how to be a good mother, not because she doesn't want to be a good mother.

It is a shame that the game never really expands on her backstory, since her attitude and actions most likely could be caused by being neglected or abused in her own childhood.

FP1, Tharja talking to Noire:

Noire

Really? You'd do that? Oh, thank you! *Sob* Mother...

Tharja

Tears? Really? What am I supposed to...?

Gaius was my favorite for sure; his quirky obsession with sweets and witts made me love him, and I always like thief/rogue type characters.

Honestly, I think the game's character designs are the overall best of a game that I have played; in terms of both aesthetics and personality. Because of this there are very few characters that I didn't like.

Henry, Owain, Cordelia and Olivia are also among my favorites. Henry and Owain also due to their quirky personalities and that they turned out to be powerhouses on my first file. Cordelia and Olivia are just beauts that I really enjoyed seeing interact with the rest of the cast.

Maribelle, Sully and Kellam were among my least favorite even though Kellam's irony in the plot made for a good giggle at times.

IMO Sully has a lot of admirable qualities, and even though Maribelle seems a very standoffish and makes a very unlikeable first impression, she's actually a very good person too, and very likeable if you can appreciate her sometimes-rude quirks.

Yeah, Tharja! People joke (or not?) all the time about what a crazy betch she is, but there's no way she's actually crazy when she has lines like "Besides, love brewed in a cauldron isn't real". And then there's stuff like her supports with Nowi/Lon'qu/Libra; she's a total sweetheart (granted, in her own way) when someone legitimately deserves compassion, she's just harsh and pessimistic with anyone else, lol. Sometimes her meanness is even for the benefit of others, like to teach them a lesson (in Donnel's case) or to try toughening them up (as I think happens in her support with Noire...?).

Tharja's cool. =w=

Edited by BANRYU

I find Tharja's supports in general to be interesting apart from her Robin supports. She's dark and sarcastic as well as caring in her own ways when she talks to the other characters. It's a pity she doesn't show any of that when she talks to Robin.

True, but I found Female Avatar's support with Kellam to be his best support, and I really like her supports with Libra.

Actually, now that I think about it, F!MU has better supports in general.

True, but I found Female Avatar's support with Kellam to be his best support, and I really like her supports with Libra.

Actually, now that I think about it, F!MU has better supports in general.

I completely disagree, as female avatar and male avatar have many similar supports, and of the few that are different I actually like the male avatar's better. (Priam's support is one of the few that I actually like for feMU better than maMU.) Also, in general, what people consider "better" is very debatable and I personally highly disagree that feMU has better supports at the least.

Chrom's supports with Male Avatar > Chrom's supports with FeAvatar.

Frederick's supports with Male Avatar > Frederick's supports with FeAvatar. (and how! Frederickson is just hilarious coming out of an Avatar named after a Norse god)

I personally highly disagree that feMU has better supports at the least.

Yiss. Male Avatar Master Race

I prefer Freddy's Female Avatar support over the male one simply because dat S support and FREDDY BEAR. :D

Chrom's support with her is stupid though, that I agree with.

I really like Stahl. He's such a sweet guy, and the fact he knows what people can say before they say them is pretty cool.

I like Gaius as well. He doesn't seem like it from the start, but if you watch enough of his supports he's actually fairly smart, and his thing with sugar and nicknaming led me to enjoying him more than I thought.

Cherche is cool because of how close she is to living things outside of humans, and she's a kind woman that can still kick your ass.

Say'ri is my favorite female character. I like the fact that she comes from outside Ylisse and Plegia, and when she appears in Chapter 15, while some games would make her that dumbfounded foreign chick, she's vital to the plot and gives a big hand to Chrom's army. She's also very caring in Tiki's supports.

Henry just cracks me up.I like how he's so cheerful despite his rather not so cheerful backstory. In fact, he's cheerful to the point where you can't really piss him off; in his first supports with Maribelle, because of Maribelle's coldness to newcomers, she gets gnarly on him, yet he doesn't care and still is in his cheerful state. I have a thing for people who just can't get pissed off no matter what you say.

All of Chroms supports suck, tho.

Except his with Vaike.

Aww, come on, the one with Sumia isn't all too shabby.

Chrom and Male Avatar's bro friendship makes for a better romance than whatever the fuck the Chrom X Female Avatar is supposed to be.

It is supposed to be Fan service, nothing more, nothing less. I didn't particularly hate it, even if the S-Support was too sudden and forced, but I'd agree that the male one is far better.

Yeah, I agree. In general most supports with the avatar are pretty shallow/bland/boring, sadly.

Hmm, I do actually like some of the M!MU supports. The one with Tiki is kinda cute, that goes for the one with Severa as well. The most shitty ones are the supports with the SpotPass characters, otherwise most of them are at least somewhat acceptable imo, even if they aren't exactly good. My favorites would still be the one with Virion, and the one with Anna. In general, Virion has the absolute best supports in the game.

Edited by domme008

Stahl. Although personally I'm a fan of Walhart's over-the-top cliches. I can't help but crack a grin and shake my head at how stupid his dialogue is for finding an item on an event tile.

It's about PIE.

I know that the "topic" was ridiculous, but for what it was it was handled quite well. It was more likeable than many other supports to say the least.

It's about PIE.

So? Chrom's a simple guy, all things considered. Isn't the saying "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach?" Though I also actually really like his support with Sully, even if she's considered the worst mom for Lucina aside from the generic maiden.

I actually like most of the FeMU supports. Some are a little odd, yeah, but everybody's got some meh supports, and it doesn't bother me all that much. It's just unfortunate that her support with Chrom is one of the more obvious ones.

Edited by Emerald Ink

So? Chrom's a simple guy, all things considered. Isn't the saying "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach?" Though I also actually really like his support with Sully, even if she's considered the worst mom for Lucina aside from the generic maiden.

But that's it, though. It's just about pie. Actual character interaction in his supports is pretty bad, ranging from, "I saw you naked," to, "I like pie." And Sully is actually worse than the generic maiden.

Edited by Gaia

But that's it, though. It's just about pie. Actual character interaction in his supports is pretty bad, ranging from, "I saw you naked," to, "I like pie." And Sully is actually worse than the generic maiden.

And I ask again - so what? What's wrong with a support based off of something simple? Robin's support with Frederick is about bear jerky. Just because it's played more for comedic value than anything else doesn't change the fact that Fred's making Robin shove food down his throat. Sumia bakes pies for Chrom because she wants to do something nice for him, and she figured out that he liked her pies. Since she's incredibly unconfident in herself and her ability to not make a fool of herself, she continued to make pies for him because she found something that she knew would make him happy. It's the "why fix what isn't broken?" line of logic - I managed not to screw up making a pie, and Chrom said it was the best thing he'd ever eaten and was really happy. Therefore, if I continue to make pies for him, he will continue to be happy. I'm not trying to say it's the greatest support ever, because it certainly could be a lot better, but I don't see the problem in basing it on the fact that Sumia tried to make someone she cares about happy by making pies and managed not to screw it up so she continued to make pies.

I agree with EI, the focus and intent of Sumia's (while perhaps not the best) are not centered around the foodstuff of pie, but in Sumia's line of thinking. I have trouble saying the same for MU/Frederick's supports TBH :0 Especially when there's so much more that they COULD have worked with for Frederick, like the fact that he initially distrusts the Avatar. Not that there's not more they could have done with Sumia too, but IMO it's less egregious.