Paris Mafia - Game over, Mimes win!

Balcerzak

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scum post ^

not even joking I've put out two serious walls of text so either you're mime being a shit, scum mad I'm lynching your buddy or you're not reading the fucking game.

I never said that everything you were doing was borderline trolling, but obviously if you were scum/mime you wouldn't want to literally just spam the fuck out of the game because you would just eat a vig shot if the vig was still alive.

And I'm aware that Rapier hasn't scumslipped or anything this game, it's just that trying to get a read on him while tired is probably not going to end up going well.

Baldrick saying that I have good opinions confuses me since I think he disagrees with half of my reads or something? I'm not going after Rapier, I'm townreading J and Refa hard which he disagrees with and I have no idea what he thinks of Prims? I'm voting for him too so yeah, that's like 3/8 of the game and I'm one of those people. The other is Kagune who does nothing and feeling good about Gorf, so I guess they match? But yeah it's really weird.

Reading Rapier now I guess.

oh also

fwiw I think it's pretty obvious Mancer was the scumkill and Psych got vigged.

Why do you think that Mancer got scumkilled when the entire game was pretty much calling for him to be vigged and Psych had basically no suspicion on him iirc?

Honestly I can see Prims killing Psych because he thought it'd be funny if he is scum because he did something similar in an offsite game once. Dunno if that outweighs his mime-ness but that's what vigs are for, I guess.

Honestly I don't suspect Rapier after reading his ISO, it reads differently to Guitar where he was basically picking a person each day and tunneling them to death when he could, here there's progression in his reads and stuff like that so I feel like what he's doing is genuine.

"Mmm, yes, this appears to be the perfect opportunity. I've had a good run here with Being," Baldrick mused, "It's time to give Nothingness a try." Thus it was that the mob found not only a perfectly suitable candidate for lynch, but an entirely willing one as well. For that matter ever, a winning one.

KWwkjlc.jpg

Baldrick was lynched, he was

Dear Baldrick,

You are Jean-Paul Sartre. You are a famous Parisian existentialist and one of the key figures of philosophy.

You may communicate with the other Mime via PM. In addition, each game night you may PM me the name of one player to roleblock, and the Mime who will perform the roleblock. All night actions by the blocked player will not occur. You will not be informed of whether or not a block successfully alters the events of a night.

You win when all Mimes have been lynched

Mimes win!

The rest of Paris is entirely and understandably distraught by this turn of events and everybody commits suicide.

Dear Rapier,

You are Voltaire. You are a famous Parisian author and one of the key figures of the Enlightenment.

Vous êtes une Vanille Townie. Vous n'avez aucune puissance de special.

Vous gagnez quand on a éliminé toutes les menaces pour la ville.

Dear #HBC Gorf,

You are Marcel Marceau. You are a famous Parisian mime and one of the key figures in theatre.

Dear Refa,

You are Blaise Pascal. You are a famous Parisian scientist and one of the key figures of science and mathematics.

You are a Vigilante, Town-Aligned.

Each game night you may PM me the name of one player to kill.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Dear SB.,

You are Victor Hugo. You are a famous Parisian author and one of the key figures in literature.

Dear Prims,

You are Louis Pasteur. You are a famous Parisian doctor and one of the key figures of modern medicine.

You are a Watcher, Town-Aligned.

Each game night you may PM me the name of a player to watch. You will be informed via PM of all other players that targeted the watched player with a night action.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Dear #HBC J,

You are Marie Antoinette. You are a famous Parisian noble and one of the key figures of the French revolution.

You are a Goon. You are on a team with LordKagune, who is also a Goon.

You may communicate with the other Goon via PM. In addition, each game night you may PM me the name of one player to kill, and the Goon who will perform the kill.

You win when only Goons are alive.

Dear LordKagune,

You are Auguste Rodin. You are a famous Parisian sculptor and one of the key figures in art.

You are a Goon. You are on a team with #HBC J, who is also a Goon.

You may communicate with the other Goon via PM. In addition, each game night you may PM me the name of one player to kill, and the Goon who will perform the kill.

You win when only Goons are alive.

-----------

I have to congratulate the mime team for finding that je ne sais pas level of balance of poor play that was believable and not over the top to get themselves lynched. After the first mime lynch, the suggestion to no lynch should really have probably been followed through upon, which would have been viable until the vigilante was killed by mafia, as which point the mime would again have a shot of getting his neck in a noose. There was some, perhaps rightfully so, concern about whether allowing "no lynch" would break the set-up, but I feel at least one round of no lynch is an essential chance for counterplay that needs to remain in place.

I have to say also, that I feel the first vig shot was ill-advised. Upon learning the flip of Bluedoom to be anti-town, the chances of Mancer, the other main wagon of Day 1, also being antitown plummets rather significantly imo, but I guess this is by no means guaranteed and he could certainly have still been scum.

I have nothing but praise for J's work both on and behind the scenes, I was a little concerned by what I deemed some weak early D1, but apparently it did a beautiful job. Also, there was a line that came up at some point (I think Refa said it) about how "town couldn't have their cake lynch and eat it shoot too" at which I was desperately hoping for a "let them eat cake reference" but I knew it just wasn't meant to be.

LordKagune's play I can only accurately describe as so bad it somehow managed to be almost good, with the vig at least stating in thread that he didn't feel like wasting a bullet on that non-slot, and nobody was taking him seriously as a lynch candidate yet, so... beginner's luck, perhaps?

Prims was doing a fine job in my opinion, in that always difficult job of a town PR to avoid seeming town enough to get shot by the mafia, but being plausible enough to avoid being lynched. His watch target was J, who had made a comment that some interpreted as a slip that he was the vig. Whether or not that was actually the reason for his choice, it seemed sensible enough. The mime's idled their block that night though, so he wouldn't have caught anything there. It's hard to say what might have happened with another night for results though.

I'm quite pleased with the effort SB. put in, despite having been borderline about accepting, and worried about how ORAS would affect his play.

I suppose I ought to go back and give everything else another reread so I can feedback on the rest of the VT play, but I don't want to delay this too long. I'm sure there will be lots of comments from everyone else involved to help appease people's appetites in that regard, however.

Also, feel free to bitch about how this is a terrible setup and list all of the reasons why, if so inclined. I saw it and thought it would be worth a shot, as needing both "jesters" to get lynched seemed a reasonable balancing effort, but there's still so many ways this setup can be swingy. At any rate, I hope everyone at least had fun for the short while the game lasted.

and even if the set-up is "bad" I don't really care because it's an open set-up where you get what you sign up for, and also it was silly and fun to try out. Thanks for hosting.