Club Nintendo to be discontinued world wide.

Book of Ereshkigal

http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

Info from the US site, platinum/gold rewards will be given out in April, and in Feb CN is dumping a ton of digital and physical rewards. The program ends and coins+accounts are gone on July 30th 2015.

1/20/2015

Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo

3/31/2015

Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership

6/30/2015

Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.

Edited by L95

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, and only 20 more coins until I can buy myself LoZ or Warioland 2.

Looks like those collectible smash posters just became even more collectible

Huh, guess this means I ought to finally get my stuff registered and buy up eshop credit or something while I still can. Hubby and I registered our Wii U & Mario Kart 8 for the free game promotion, but none of our other games and stuff have been entered.

Edited by Kirie

Yeah, I guess this is for the best. I mean, even Disney Movie Rewards had better stuff than Club Nintendo (and I need to buy one or two more Disney movies... I'm only a little bit short of that Goofy food tray! It would come in handy for when football season is going on). I've kept my account though and registered all the games I have that I hadn't yet done so for. Just in case...ya know. :P

But I hope something better replaces this!

Edited by Anacybele

How lame. I also wonder why they're shutting it down.

Even more curious my 210 coins are gone.

If you don't use your registered stars/coins/whatever they are, they will slowly disappear over time. Same thing happened to me.

I just saw this I may wait and see what comes up in Feb, but I think I may see what I can do because I am 15 coins away from platinum. I hope they come up with something better then this because after the A Link Between Worlds posters nothing really good has been put up.

I found a bunch of boxes from my old DS games, but the site is under load and I can barely log in >:'c

Same here. It looks like everyone is registering all their games at once. It just goes to show how sub-par most of the rewards were. XD

It won't even show how many coins I have. I'll wait a bit before registering my games to make sure all the coins are added successfully.

I wonder why?

They are completely revamping a loyalty system. Logic would dictate that they will not be using the same "currency" when reinstating the new reward system. Looks like everyone needs to reregister when they boot it up too. Im guessing amiibo, New 3DS, more Wii U stuff, and the like will be added to the rewards and to registry. It'll be pretty cool i think.

man, and only 20 more coins until I can buy myself LoZ or Warioland 2.

Looks like those collectible smash posters just became even more collectible

I have elite status posters from like, two years ago that may be worth something.

I got plenty of loot from Club Nintendo. Mostly in the form of downloadables. It was a good run and im going to join the new one.

I got like 500 some coins to splurge. I knew saving up would pay off.

TLWWgNV.jpg

The only real things I got from Club Nintendo were the limited edition AR cards for Kid Icarus and a Virtual Console download code for Majora's Mask.

im not really that disappointed since i never wanted the physical rewards they offered and im assuming theyre replacing those with fully digital things to save money. though if the new system doesnt have game downloads ill be pretty upset ive gotten quite a few virtual console/digital download games for free that i was very happy about.

Im guessing amiibo, New 3DS, more Wii U stuff, and the like will be added to the rewards and to registry. It'll be pretty cool i think.

Oh, I hope so! If I'm not able to get a Rosalina Amiibo from Target due to the stupidity that was her very small availability, I would love to be able to get one via this new loyalty system.

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 weeks later...