God tier characters, both routes

Baronriggs

Charlotte is the single best unit in Nohr. (GBA Berserker with bulk, access to swordreaver club from chapter 10 and the S-rank Axe at end game, 70+ crit with killer axe against male units, extra extra op against females)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm playing Hoshido. Tsubaki is kinda underwhelming, but I'm not having any issues with Hinata atm. He's gonna make a good Weapon Master probs. I also just shelved Asama. I'll bring him out to make children later on I suppose, but I'm just not gonna use him lol. I don't need so many staff users, especially since White Blood Kamui gets them too.

As for Rinka... I'm continuing to use her because I don't really have many choices for axe units, just her and the Wyvern Bro Fals (who dodged a 74% hit arrow! when I was planning on sacrificing him cuz I fucked up...) Her low HP+high Def growths just don't make sense at all, and that Strength is so shaky. Even when she gets Counter she's not gonna be good because she'll take little damage, but can't tank too many hits at the same time.

Takumi's Wind God Bow is the best thing ever. He just drops stuff like

OwXOPDh.gif

Hinoka is like, the ultimate mage killer, especially with her Defensive Naginata. The only tragedy is that her Str is rather low, and it's not gonna be easy to find a second copy of that naginata to forge it. I'm considering making her a Golden Kite Warrior so that she can kill even more mages with the Meikyou Bow.

Oboro has so much utility, and Nohr Hater makes her hit like a truck too on most chapters. She's also extremely cute and I love her voice.

Of the three ninjas, I personally like Kagerou the most, but I think Suzukaze is the best. He doesn't hit as hard as the other two but is hands down the fastest and most evasive, which is great. Saizou is kinda...lagging behind for me.

I'm playing Hoshido. Tsubaki is kinda underwhelming, but I'm not having any issues with Hinata atm. He's gonna make a good Weapon Master probs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he'll get Blossom from Villager if he promotes to Weapon Master, right? He'd then get shiny 85% HP, 60% STR and 65% DEF and LUCK growths, making him one of the most durable characters in Hoshido. Yes, he still would have 35% SPD, but it looks like his base is high enough to compensate (and Flowing Strike doesn't hurt).

From what I've seen, all of the Prf weapons that your brothers get make them completely OP. They all have A/S - rank weapon stats plus 1-2 range. Takumi in particular joins on a very shuriken-heavy map (which are weak to bows).... and the next chapter after that, all the enemies are flying.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had problems with Tsubaki. I made plent of errors on my first playthrough, but not to the extent that he'd just be completely worthless, which he became later on. Hinoka is also by far the weakest sibling in both of my save files, nobody else even comes close.

Takumi is still the strongest. Holy crap is he overpowered; why is he trying to prove his strength, again? He wrecks absolutely everything, can walk on water and he's got the ladies after him.

Takumi is still the strongest. Holy crap is he overpowered; why is he trying to prove his strength, again? He wrecks absolutely everything, can walk on water and he's got the ladies after him.

I guess we know that Oboro has good taste?

Edited by Sky Soldier

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had problems with Tsubaki. I made plent of errors on my first playthrough, but not to the extent that he'd just be completely worthless, which he became later on. Hinoka is also by far the weakest sibling in both of my save files, nobody else even comes close.

Takumi starts overpowered because or that 14 MT bow, but he does average out, especially since bowmen will inevitably grow slower than your other units. But he certainly does make his older sister look useless. Poor hinoka

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he'll get Blossom from Villager if he promotes to Weapon Master, right? He'd then get shiny 85% HP, 60% STR and 65% DEF and LUCK growths, making him one of the most durable characters in Hoshido. Yes, he still would have 35% SPD, but it looks like his base is high enough to compensate (and Flowing Strike doesn't hurt).

From what I've seen, all of the Prf weapons that your brothers get make them completely OP. They all have A/S - rank weapon stats plus 1-2 range. Takumi in particular joins on a very shuriken-heavy map (which are weak to bows).... and the next chapter after that, all the enemies are flying.

Hm? No, you don't get the skills from the pre-promoted version of that class...

Takumi starts overpowered because or that 14 MT bow, but he does average out, especially since bowmen will inevitably grow slower than your other units. But he certainly does make his older sister look useless. Poor hinoka

In that case I really lucked out with his stat growths because I finished the Hoshido route two days ago I believe and Takumi was by far my strongest unit barring Kamui. Even Ryouma can't compete with him.

It's funny how Hinoka gets shown up even by Felicia and Sakura. When I'm playing through that route again, I'm considering benching Hinoka since she just didn't do anything for me later on in the game.

Yeah Rinka's Str/HP problems is why I want her to get access to Fighter asap. Between Fighter's HP+5 and Berserker's highest HP class growths in the game, I may be able to salvage it somewhat. Axefaire will also partially make up for her strength issues.

This is probably heretical, but would Rinkah make a good Ninja? She seems to have great SKL and SPD and decent LUC and DEF, so if you went Elite Ninja and got Lethality + Kunaifaire to compensate for her lower STR growth... and then maybe married her to somebody with Samurai so she could get Flowing Strike and Vantage to help protect her low HP? The range on Kunai wouldn't hurt either.

One of my planned Nohr lunatic pairings would be Pieri x Odin,then have Pieri A+ rank with Charlotte,by marriage and buddy seals I can set Pieri up with vantage+line of death+axefaire+open assault,along with her personal killer instinct skill she could be rather devastating without investing that much.

Edited by Laie

This is probably heretical, but would Rinkah make a good Ninja? She seems to have great SKL and SPD and decent LUC and DEF, so if you went Elite Ninja and got Lethality + Kunaifaire to compensate for her lower STR growth... and then maybe married her to somebody with Samurai so she could get Flowing Strike and Vantage to help protect her low HP? The range on Kunai wouldn't hurt either.

Going Ninja means she'd only have 30% Strength growth, 35% if promoted to Puppeteer. She really needs to stay in her base class line for a while since it's the best she can get in regards to Strength. For reclass purposes, Samurai would probably be a good option. She can take Line of Death to boost her damage while Flowing Strike can at least keep her safe on player phase, and Vantage on enemy phase. She can also pick up Swordfaire from the Samurai line and Blacksmith does go up to B in Swords which means access to Silver Swords. Another good one would be Lance Fighter because of Breaking Sky being a much more reliable activator over Lethality. Marry Hinata, A+ Oboro and she'd probably be pretty solid.

Can Rinka A+ Oboro? I didn't look through her entire support set, but it'd be pretty neat if she can. I was gonna marry her to Ryouma on the runs where I'm not doing fighter MaMU or marrying Ryoma myself, so I'll test the Samurai set with that.

Definitely pairing Nyx and Benoit together.With Sorc already great defenses and Defensive Formation from General, Nyx(Or hell Ignis)would be great tanks with Nosferatu.(Since it can't double or crit anymore, Defensive Formation would not harm it at all.)

Can Rinka A+ Oboro? I didn't look through her entire support set, but it'd be pretty neat if she can. I was gonna marry her to Ryouma on the runs where I'm not doing fighter MaMU or marrying Ryoma myself, so I'll test the Samurai set with that.

Not sure. I certainly hope so. At the very least I know from the Marriage and Support thread that a character can have one Marriage Support and one Buddy Support. Hopefully Rinkah can Buddy with Oboro for Lance Fighter.

Not sure. I certainly hope so. At the very least I know from the Marriage and Support thread that a character can have one Marriage Support and one Buddy Support. Hopefully Rinkah can Buddy with Oboro for Lance Fighter.

I'll take a look through the textdump again when I get home tonight from work. Do you know if the classes she can get from S/A+ are both class in a given character's set (e.g. Marry Ryouma, get Samurai and Peg) or just their primary?

Edited by Thor Odinson

Going Ninja means she'd only have 30% Strength growth, 35% if promoted to Puppeteer. She really needs to stay in her base class line for a while since it's the best she can get in regards to Strength. For reclass purposes, Samurai would probably be a good option. She can take Line of Death to boost her damage while Flowing Strike can at least keep her safe on player phase, and Vantage on enemy phase. She can also pick up Swordfaire from the Samurai line and Blacksmith does go up to B in Swords which means access to Silver Swords. Another good one would be Lance Fighter because of Breaking Sky being a much more reliable activator over Lethality. Marry Hinata, A+ Oboro and she'd probably be pretty solid.

Ah, good point, Breaking Sky would definitely be good for her. If I read the description of it correctly, it works off the enemy's stats, not her own, so it would do a great job at shoring up her stats in any situation. Breaking Sky + Basara tome-wielding + Resistance Seal... pretty nifty. Flamboyance + Lethality for a flat +15 instant death activation would also be plenty nasty.

I'll take a look through the textdump again when I get home tonight from work. Do you know if the classes she can get from S/A+ are both class in a given character's set (e.g. Marry Ryouma, get Samurai and Peg) or just their primary?

I think it was already mentioned that the S/A+ Seals only give you access to the main class

Ah, good point, Breaking Sky would definitely be good for her. If I read the description of it correctly, it works off the enemy's stats, not her own, so it would do a great job at shoring up her stats in any situation. Breaking Sky + Basara tome-wielding + Resistance Seal... pretty nifty. Flamboyance + Lethality for a flat +15 instant death activation would also be plenty nasty.

One main flaw of Breaking Sky is that enemy generals, berserkers, etc, have 0 mag, so it's useless against them. Using Magic anyway.

It's still not that bad of a skill

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Definitely pairing Nyx and Benoit together.With Sorc already great defenses and Defensive Formation from General, Nyx(Or hell Ignis)would be great tanks with Nosferatu.(Since it can't double or crit anymore, Defensive Formation would not harm it at all.)

I would not call 50/29/33 great great, but with Nosferatu it is still good, but if you get witch dlc, i think you could use shadow gift and go dark knight (i think you need shadow gift?) 55/34/30 i think is better for Nosferatu usage you do lose 4 magic though.

Heh. I feel like all my Hoshido runs will be focused on how to beat the system and turn Rinka into a god despite the hand she's dealt.

Maybe Nintendo does some minor growth adjustments during localisation?

I dunno, but this has happened in the past already, and if they realize that some characters might not exactly work out the way they were intended to be...

Maybe Nintendo does some minor growth adjustments during localisation?

I dunno, but this has happened in the past already, and if they realize that some characters might not exactly work out the way they were intended to be...

Don't get your hopes up. Nintendo does not seem to consider the existence of underpowered characters a problem that needs to be fixed.

I think it was already mentioned that the S/A+ Seals only give you access to the main class

Welp, there goes the plan of getting Rinka with Silas for Mercenary/Sol. I'd imagine people who marry Kamui would only get their secondary class, though, since it'd be weird to get DP and its promotions?

Heh. I feel like all my Hoshido runs will be focused on how to beat the system and turn Rinka into a god despite the hand she's dealt.

It's not a real FE game until you have a unit you want to do this to, right? :D Heck, I managed with Ronan in FE5 and Cecilia and Sophia in FE6 and Meg in FE10. If they could flourish, there's no way Rinkah can't do the same :)

Welp, there goes the plan of getting Rinka with Silas for Mercenary/Sol. I'd imagine people who marry Kamui would only get their secondary class, though, since it'd be weird to get DP and its promotions?

Checked, and this is correct. Corrin's base class tree is available to both of their kids, but not to their spouse.