Event Schedule (Oct 2023 - Nov 2023)

Diovani Bressan

New calendar released.

efIqMgV.png vTXVV7a.png 

Because of Daylight Savings, events that happen on November 5th forward will have 1 day added to it (11/5 -> 11/6). These dates are already adjusted in the list made by me.

I forgot the "Test of the Sword" in the 22nd, but I am not editing the calendar due I already saved the file as it is and I would have to redo it entirely...

Please inform me if I got anything wrong or if I forgot anything (outside the Sword quests).

8 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I wonder if we'll get a Feh Channel soon.

For reference, Rearmed Lif (the first Rearmed Hero) also happened to debut on a 16th (it was in September rather than October).

A FEH Channel happened on the 14th of September 2022, so we're probably looking at either Friday (13th) or Saturday (14th, if IS is fine with putting a Channel out on what is Sunday in Japan) if we get a FEH Channel to explain what New Peony is. 

Any speculations about potential channel content besides the regular rewards and the maybe new hero type?

I can easily assume there's the new banner's theme, whichever it may be. I haven't payed attention to the pattern of previous heroes to get a good guess.

I think it's fair to mention that the Ascended Hero type was not announced in a FEH Channel.

They just announced it at the end of the New Heroes & Ascended Fjorm trailer, followed by a in-game notification explaining what Ascended Heroes and Florets are.

However both the introduction of Ascended and Rearmed Heroes had a in-game celebration event, with 5* copies of that banner's insta-demote, and some log-in bonuses goods. If Peony is indeed a new type of hero, we could get at least that.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I think it's fair to mention that the Ascended Hero type was not announced in a FEH Channel.

They just announced it at the end of the New Heroes & Ascended Fjorm trailer, followed by a in-game notification explaining what Ascended Heroes and Florets are.

However both the introduction of Ascended and Rearmed Heroes had a in-game celebration event, with 5* copies of that banner's insta-demote, and some log-in bonuses goods. If Peony is indeed a new type of hero, we could get at least that.

Huh, interesting. In fairness, Ascended is like, barely a distinct type of hero, so it makes sense for it to not need more attention than that. Which raises the question about if the same will go for this year's unit type.

I wouldn't be surprised if we simply don't get a new unit type this year, and the new Peony is just Ascended Peony.

As it is, we don't really have space for more unit types. Legendary and Mythic Heroes trade off one banner each month. Duo and Harmonized Heroes also trade off a unit slot in one banner each month. Ascended and Rearmed Heroes vie for spots on the other banner each month.

We're no longer getting Ascended Florets every month anymore, and we still have a ways to go with filling out Arcane weapons.

I think it would be better for them to make an improved version of Ascended Heroes in a similar fashion to how they made Pair-Up Legendary Heroes and extra-team-slot Mythic Heroes instead of introducing something brand new this year.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we simply don't get a new unit type this year, and the new Peony is just Ascended Peony.

As it is, we don't really have space for more unit types. Legendary and Mythic Heroes trade off one banner each month. Duo and Harmonized Heroes also trade off a unit slot in one banner each month. Ascended and Rearmed Heroes vie for spots on the other banner each month.

We're no longer getting Ascended Florets every month anymore, and we still have a ways to go with filling out Arcane weapons.

I think it would be better for them to make an improved version of Ascended Heroes in a similar fashion to how they made Pair-Up Legendary Heroes and extra-team-slot Mythic Heroes instead of introducing something brand new this year.

That does sound sensible. I'm not going to count on Heroes to be sensible, but they do it sometimes.

At present, I think the most open spot for a new kind of hero would be replacing half the legendaries.

As it is, we don't really have space for more unit types.

We also ran out of room for more game modes / events quite a while ago yet IS keeping making new ones anyways. I have complete faith in IS…..to continue to muck all aspects of this game up.

Oh, and I suppose this post can also be a reminder to everyone that Rokkr Sieges and Grand Conquests continue to not actually exist. The former was last seen in January while the latter was last seen in March.

That's true about the game modes. I suspect they are not worth it for both the players and developers. Other than that I can't imagine something else popping up without being another flop.

But hey at least Peony might have a shiny new tier 4 exclusive skill like Eir did. Right?

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

We also ran out of room for more game modes / events quite a while ago yet IS keeping making new ones anyways. I have complete faith in IS…..to continue to muck all aspects of this game up.

Oh, and I suppose this post can also be a reminder to everyone that Rokkr Sieges and Grand Conquests continue to not actually exist. The former was last seen in January while the latter was last seen in March.

You just explained how they keep making more new game modes and events, though, and that's by sunsetting older game modes or events or at the very least running them less often.

The difference here is that it's harder to really justify reducing the rate that any of the existing special unit types are released.

Even with the diminishing pool of eligible Legendary Heroes, I don't think it's really in their interest to replace some of them with a new unit type due to the new bonus Legendary Hero mechanic in the Arena making it more worthwhile for competitive players to spend orbs on new Legendary Heroes.

Duo Heroes could viably be partially replaced with a new unit type since the only major selling point of them over other units is their Duel scoring effect, but Duo Heroes currently occupy a slot on Special Heroes banners, and at least this time around, if we're getting a new unit type for Peony, it's not going to be one that goes on Special Heroes banners.

On 10/12/2023 at 12:46 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

But Rearmed Heroes were, I believe. So it's possible this new Hero type will be as well (especially if the speculation about them letting you buff old Heroes is true).

On 10/12/2023 at 3:53 AM, Tybrosion said:

A FEH Channel happened on the 14th of September 2022, so we're probably looking at either Friday (13th) or Saturday (14th, if IS is fine with putting a Channel out on what is Sunday in Japan) if we get a FEH Channel to explain what New Peony is. 

We have gotten Feh Channels on Saturday before, right? Sunday's definitely off the table and the banner drops on Monday, so unless Peony's being held back until November...

In a case of getting a Feh Channel, I wonder what would they announce on it outside that.

• New Hero Type
  • New Heroes Banner
  • Grand Hero Battle announcement?
  • Maybe a celebration for the new Hero Type.
  • Some of the Version 7.11.0 updates (possible Plumeria and Dimitri remixes)
  • Maybe a new gamemode? (it's been over 6 months since Seer's Snare)

To compare to the Rearmed Hero Feh Channel, we got:

• New Hero Type (Rearmed)
  • New Heroes Banner (Three Hopes)
  • Grand Hero Battle announcement (Holst)
  • New Hero Type Celebration (items as log-in and quests, 2 5* copies of Female Shez)
  • Some Version 6.10.0 updates (Hall of Forms Revival and Bonus Favor during weekends for Summoner Duels)

33 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

No Feh Channel or even a banner trailer today, weird. What timezone does your chart use @Diovani Bressan? Should the rest of the world be adding a day to each event?

The time zone for the English calendar is U.S. Pacific time, which is the literal worst time zone to pick because daylight savings time moves the daily reset from midnight during daylight savings to 11 PM the day before outside of daylight savings. (If they had picked U.S. Central time or anything east of that, we wouldn't have this problem even with the existence of daylight savings time.)

Daylight savings time in the U.S. ends 5 November this year.

This means that any event starting on 5 November or later needs to have a day added to the start date for most of the world, and all events need to have a day added to the end date for most of the world.

@Diovani Bressan's vertical calendar listing uses the dates for any time zone UTC-6 or higher (U.S. Central time or east of that).

The time zone for the English calendar is U.S. Pacific time, which is the literal worst time zone to pick because daylight savings time moves the daily reset from midnight during daylight savings to 11 PM the day before outside of daylight savings. (If they had picked U.S. Central time or anything east of that, we wouldn't have this problem even with the existence of daylight savings time.)

Daylight savings time in the U.S. ends 5 November this year.

This means that any event starting on 5 November or later needs to have a day added to the start date for most of the world, and all events need to have a day added to the end date for most of the world.

@Diovani Bressan's vertical calendar listing uses the dates for any time zone UTC-6 or higher (U.S. Central time or east of that).

Thanks! I guess we're getting the trailer (if not a Feh Channel) tomorrow then. i really hope Peony's gimmick helps older units...