If a returning charcter becomes the new book lead charcter

vikingsfan92

Obviously the expected outcome of new book is an entirely new chacter to go with it. But what if they decide to shake it up and bring back an older oc as the book lead?

Who do you think would be some good choices or what would yoy want to see out of an older oc getting a new arc? Freya, Triandra, Plumeria, Lif and Thrasir are some examples of ocs that have ongoing arcs at the moment but with the right setup litterally any older feh charcter could be a book lead even if they were side charcters before.

I couldn't care less about the Heroes OCs but Thórr and Dagr are hot so maybe them if I could pick, love me a woman I can wrestle with. Ideally I hope we can get our first male OC as a free unit but ever since the game released it's been a lady as the free-per-book, so it's probably going to be a new flavor-of-the-month waifu. Let's see we've had the prim and proper princess with Fjorm; the spunky energetic shortie that has a positive attitude with Reginn, the caring motherly woman that would look great in a cowkini but ours is actually a cow in Ash; the gloomy depressed chick in Eir;  the flower-power cheerful girl with Peony; whatever Seidr is meant to be I skipped the story mostly since I hate time travel too much to care I just know her from the "have a child with me" meme.

So for me: a new male OC that we get for free at 5* and is very good without being a sword infantry would be my preferred choice. Below that, if it has to be a previous character, Thórr or Dagr. And finally, if it ends up being a previous character something tells me Veronica. Watch it be the menhera goth gf everyone's been craving for or a straight up mommy. If they decide to do anything with the world of steel stuff, perhaps a robot thing like Ginnungagap would be pretty neat. A giant centaur-like robot man rushing into battle with a massive axe, now THAT would be peak.

4 hours ago, Ernivus of Celephaïs said:

I couldn't care less about the Heroes

This.

4 hours ago, Ernivus of Celephaïs said:

Ideally I hope we can get our first male OC as a free unit but ever since the game released it's been a lady as the free-per-book, so it's probably going to be a new flavor-of-the-month waifu. 

And if I am to care any bit at all, very much this. Six years in a row is a bit  ridiculous. Even Dr Who never gets that stale with its companion characters.

Edited by Jotari

I’d be surprised if it wasn’t a character named Baldr, although perhaps Baldur’s Gate made that less likely. Baldr seems to be the biggest Norse figure I can think of not mentioned, and our weapons name is associated with him.

But if it had to be a recurring character, I’d prefer Lif or Thrasir, they do have a revolt against the heavens arc going which would also be relevant if we’re going to Asgard.

12 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Maybe it would be better if IS didn't make a new oc. They seem to be running out of ideas. Seor for instance is a pretty obvious combination of Regin and Ash. 

My argument is it would actually give a chance for people to care about feh charcters and lessen new charcter fatigue story wise if they went back to an an established oc. Veronica being in Engage was a big step towards heroes charters and location having a shot at being in a non-mobile game variations of the series. The next step would be make people care more about the existing ocs and the best way to do that is bring them back in the next heroes book in starring roles.

15 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

My argument is it would actually give a chance for people to care about feh charcters and lessen new charcter fatigue story wise if they went back to an an established oc. Veronica being in Engage was a big step towards heroes charters and location having a shot at being in a non-mobile game variations of the series. The next step would be make people care more about the existing ocs and the best way to do that is bring them back in the next heroes book in starring roles.

Thinking on this, maybe all that stuff they're doing in Tempest Trials now with follow up arcs to the old OCs could have been better served as outright books.

If it's Ragnarok, then Loki is the natural choice. She's been kind of a behind the scenes "guide" all along, and as far as I'm aware, in Norse mythology, it's always Loki who ultimately causes Ragnarok.