Bored? Play my JRPG instead!

Polinym

(This shameless self-promotion plug is now spoiler-free).

Do you like Fire Emblem? Do you like EarthBound? Like Final Fantasy? Dragon Warrior? What about the Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo? How about the Electric Light Orchestra, or Led Zeppelin, or old films, like Metropolis or Scaramoche? Perhaps you like Persona 5? Are you a fan of Legend of Dragoon? Ocarina of Time? Speedrunning? The Kinks? Weird video game things? If you answered yes to any of the previous questions, then you'd enjoy playing Octo Vinctum!

You can check out the game here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1899110/Octo_Vinctum_Revenge_of_the_Czar/
There's even a Demo Tape you can try for free! No cost! 0G!

This game is a sequel to the obscure Famicom games Stardom Warriors (LaSalle Ishii's Childs Quest and Pop Star Debut (Aidoru Hakkenden), created by me (the guy who made the updated Fire Emblem 1 translation) and Mareeta (my associate, who supplied hand-drawn art and writing). In it, you battle all kinds of evil by saying nice things! Or singing songs, or playing guitar, or acting, or.... the power of managerial magic?

Little Sabrina, a high school girl from the peaceful town of Sunshineville, embarks on her quest to become a famous pop star. However, things take a strange turn when her neighbor Sonya reveals the emergence of a Dark Curse over the land that causes people, animals, and objects to lash out with rudeness. Their journey together to find four magical relics to stop an evil entertainment overlord, help a Brightish rock star get his girlfriend back from a secret organization, save an old theatre from the mysterious "Phantom", fight off an army of pop singer soldiers, and uncover the mystery behind cosmic horrors that mettle in human affairs!

Book I is complete and playable like a full game, but the exciting conclusion will be available in Book II released in the coming year. The game is stocked full of treasures and secrets for you to discover.

1247724732_port-Copy.png.c110ef9ffb99e746a0c57a7d8c8fd541.png Morodof: "You should play Octo Vinctum, your highness. It's Good For Your Soul!"

So what're you waiting for? The Pop Czar Feld never rests! You must defeat Czar Entertainment! Try out Octo Vinctum 🙂

Octo_Vinctum_Demo_Tape_PUlspnBIFV.thumb.gif.613432fd38ae6aef8caa04480cf02e2c.gif

18 hours ago, Polinym said:

Do you like Fire Emblem?

I hate Fire Emblem.

Do you like EarthBound?

No.

Like Final Fantasy?

I like to kill Chaos.

Dragon Warrior?

I liked some of the older ones.

What about the Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo?

Oh hey, I do like Oingo Boingo.

How about the Electric Light Orchestra

Yes!

Led Zeppelin

Sure.

old films, like Metropolis or Scaramoche?

Does Fistful of Dollars count? I've wanted to watch some James Cagney films or Charlie Chan movies owing to the excellent Nik Kershaw song on the topic.

Perhaps you like Persona 5?

No.

Are you a fan of Legend of Dragoon?

I never played it, I hear it's a bit extensive and I don't have that kind of time sadly.

Ocarina of Time?

"There is so much. God-[blessed]. WAITING in Ocarina!"

The Kinks?

I've enjoyed a song or two.

Weird video game things?

Sure.

ou can check out the game here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1899110/Octo_Vinctum_Revenge_of_the_Czar/
There's even a Demo Tape you can try for free! No cost! 0G!

Wow, and the full game is very affordable!

Congrats on getting your game out there, man.

On 12/31/2023 at 4:38 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Congrats on getting your game out there, man.

Thanks!

On 12/31/2023 at 4:38 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Oh hey, I do like Oingo Boingo.

This game is absolutely full of Boingo, from the Mystic Knights to the Demo EP to Only a Lad all the way to SO-LO. >:]

On 12/31/2023 at 5:44 PM, Jotari said:

You really have kinks music in it?

Legally, I can't have any Kinks music without paying a fortune, but some of the content was inspired by Kinks songs, and there's even a song I wrote for the OST that may sound familiar...

• 2 weeks later...