What are your New Year resolutions?

ARMADS!!!

I know it's already the second say of the year (well, but can still vê the first depending on where you are) but anyway, what are your resolutions? I haven't thought of mines yet (except for absolutely serious stuff I will absolutely have to do this year, and gaming resolutions because of another thread + reading/watching resolutions), think I've never done this resolutions think before.

9 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Throw twice as many car batteries into the ocean.

Triple world hunger.

Play Berwick.

Hmmmm... Yes. I might add two of these to my list too (which ones, though, will remain a mystery).

I would like to start exercising a little more, for starters. I know that's a common one that not a lot of people stick to, but we'll see how it pans out.

Second, I'd like to write a complete story that I've had in mind for a couple of years now, but never had the motivation to really tackle. I think this year would be a good time to start it since a lot of the plot points I have in mind have evolved beyond what I initially came up with.

Those are my two big goals that I'd like to achieve, if I can.

-Build up to running/jogging 5K per session (roughly 4 or 5 times per week)

-Finish the first draft of my novel by May the 15th of this year, and finish editing it by May the 15th, 2025

-Resume Latin classes and, by the end of the year, get up to about the peak level of proficiency I once attained with Spanish (which wasn't that much, but still)

-Stay in good health

-Don't run out of money

-Finish my Maddening run of Three Houses (I'm currently stuck on Chapter 12)

Edited by Hrothgar777

On 1/2/2024 at 9:05 AM, ARMADS!!! said:

Hmmmm... Yes. I might add two of these to my list too (which ones, though, will remain a mystery).

Play Berwick Saga.

...This is not my resolution, this is my recommendation to you and to anyone else reading this. Berwick Saga is such a wonderful game.

Write monthly journal entries in the cool journal my sister got me for Christmas.

My new years resolution is to stop being weird and actually socialize with people. I have a bad tendency to just isolate myself from everyone outside of work for weeks at a time and just rot alone in my house 

On 1/3/2024 at 4:37 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Play Berwick Saga.

...This is not my resolution, this is my recommendation to you and to anyone else reading this. Berwick Saga is such a wonderful game.

Oh, I'm planning to do it someday, I just barely started Tear Ring saga and as far as I know all of the "Sagas" are connected so I'll have to finish this one (and I guess there's one more later, not sure) first. I also have a BUNCH of games I have to finish so it might take a while to finish even Tear Ring... But I really wanna play Berwick I heard it so many times that it's great.

On 1/5/2024 at 8:33 PM, LadyGrima said:

My new years resolution is to stop being weird and actually socialize with people. I have a bad tendency to just isolate myself from everyone outside of work for weeks at a time and just rot alone in my house 

I'm on the same situation now too, the few friends I have don't live on my city anymore (and for the even fewer ones on the group that do, we always have problems marking a date to do something lol) and I isolate myself from our groupchat sometimes and spend days rotting too, tbh I started coming here on SF more often lately duo to my utter lack of social life (I was never too social but now I basically do NOTHING social anymore as I'm currently not working or studying). I wonder how adults are supposed to make friends (specially since in my case, I have no car and can't afford public transport/Uber constantly, as of now at least). I guess one of my resolutions will be to be more social too.

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Oh, I'm planning to do it someday, I just barely started Tear Ring saga and as far as I know all of the "Sagas" are connected so I'll have to finish this one (and I guess there's one more later, not sure) first. I also have a BUNCH of games I have to finish so it might take a while to finish even Tear Ring... But I really wanna play Berwick I heard it so many times that it's great.

For what it's worth, Berwick Saga is a sequel to TearRing Saga in the same way Awakening is a sequel to the Archanea FEs. Much less so, even. The closest it gets is when two of the main characters from TRS are mentioned in Berwick as figures of legend. For the most part? Entirely disconnected.

And well, I don't want to hype it over much, but it's my favorite strategy game ever. So uh. Yeah lol

Edited by Saint Rubenio