Emblem Marth & Mythic Lumera (Trailer)

I was stuck for a while trying to parse Marth's special until I realized I'd need to read his B skill to fully contextualize it.

I may not like Marth as a character, but of the many versions of him in Heroes, this one clearly looks the best.

(Now to look up what the hell an Emblem character is)

Stackable Slaying effect is pretty fancy.

I am super sleepy right now, so I'll just do translation notes now and maybe take a closer look at everything going on tomorrow morning:

Lumera's epithet, "In Distant Skies", is "遥空の神竜" (yōkū no shinryū), "Divine Dragon of the Distant Skies".

Monarch's Stone is "白き神竜王のブレス" (shiroki shinryū-ō no buresu), "Breath of the White Divine Dragon King".

Atk/Spd Scowl is "攻撃速さの竜眼" (kōgeki hayasa no ryūgan), "Atk/Spd Dragon Eye".

Atk/Spd Ruse is "攻撃速さの大共謀" (kōgeki hayasa no dai-kyōbō), "Atk/Spd Great Conspiracy". "共謀" (kyōbō), "conspiracy", is the name of the Feint skill series.

Dragon Monarch is "リトスの神竜王" (ritosu no shinryū-ō), "Lythos's Divine Dragon King".

Marth's epithet, "Of Beginnings", is "始まりの紋章士" (hajimari no monshō-shi), "The First Emblem". "紋章士" (monshō-shi), literally "emblem warrior", is the term used for Engage's Emblems.

Hero-King Sword is "英雄王の剣" (eiyū-ō no ken), "Sword of the Hero King".

Lodestar Rush is "スターラッシュ" (sutā rasshu), "Star Rush". The name of this skill in both languages is a reference to Marth's promoted class name, "スターロード" (sutā rōdo), "Star Lord", in Japanese and "Lodestar" in English.

Potent is "神速" (shinsoku), "Extreme Speed". "神速" (shinsoku) literally translates as "divine speed". It's also the Japanese name of the move Extreme Speed from Pokémon, and I'm using it here over alternative options because the translation is more than accurate.

Potent Follow X% is "神速追撃:ダメージ〇%" (shinsoku tsuigeki: damēji 〇%), "Extreme Speed Follow-Up Attack: X% Damage".

Emblem Effect is "紋章士効果" (monshō-shi kōka), "Emblem Effect".

And since I forgot about Hraesvelgr in the previous New Heroes banner, I'll put her here:

Hraesvelgr's epithet, "Quieting Blade", is "刃の葬り手" (yaiba no hōmuri-te), "The Burying Hand, the Blade". I'm interpreting "刃の" (yaiba no), "(of) the blade", to be the appositive use of "の" (no) instead of the usual "of". Including omitted words that can be inferred from context, this interpretation would read as "The 'Burying Hand', the 'Blade' of the Healing Hands". "葬る" (hōmuru) more specifically means "to bury the dead" (the character itself is an ideogram of burying a dead person (死) in grass (茻)) and can be used figuratively to mean "to cover something up" or "to hush someone up".

Quieting Claw is "刃の葬り手の爪" (yaiba no hōmuri-te no tsume), "Claws of the Burying Hand, the Blade".

Dang, I'm impressed with how well they integrated how Emblem Marth works in Engage into Heroes. These guys are going to be crazy. Well, I don't have this version of Hinoka and I don't think I have that Fir either, so if I get the orbs, I may try to get Marth and start up an Emblem collection. Man, I keep being excited for new Emblems! Ones not in Engage, I mean. Also Emblem Ephraim because the dude needs some kind of presence besides just being only half downloaded into his and Eirika's ring.

Lumera looks interesting. Huge Stone terrain range, and huge Drive Half Tempo.

Marth looks great, and as a Marth Fan I got baited right away. He looks to be a good Sword God, with more a player phase role than enemy phase, because of his Desperation. Granting Slaying to an ally is huge, so I can have Holst with Slaying in arena now.

Also, I didn't read about any penality for using these Emblem effects, like not being able to use Prf skills like how Arcane Weapons and Attuned Skills penalize units for having those skills.

Emblems is a very whale thing, though, since they grants all stats +2 to an ally when at +10. I will not be surprised if I already see units with +10 Emblem effects tomorrow in Arena.

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Potent is "神速" (shinsoku), "Extreme Speed". "神速" (shinsoku) literally translates as "divine speed". It's also the Japanese name of the move Extreme Speed from Pokémon, and I'm using it here over alternative options because the translation is more than accurate.

Is that the same Japanese name as the Divine Speed skill in Engage? Seems weird that they didn't just use that translation here, too.

2 hours ago, Seafarer said:

Is that the same Japanese name as the Divine Speed skill in Engage? Seems weird that they didn't just use that translation here, too.

Yes, it appears that Engage's Divine Speed and Heroes's Potent have the same name in Japanese. They also have the same icon.

For Potent, does that mean Brave units can strike SIX times since they can now have two follow-up attacks?

For Emblem Effect of Marth: Of Beginnings, does the reduction to Special damage affect defensive Specials like God-Like Reflexes or Ice Mirror? I assume no, but I want to be sure. And what about area Specials? Since the Special triggers outside of combat, can the Emblem Effect check whether the nuke will perform a Brave attack during combat, since there are quite a few conditional Brave Weapons, skills, and status effects out there.

The extra Slaying effect is definitely pretty nice for Brave Galeforcers since the drawback does not really affect them.

Edited by XRay

20 hours ago, XRay said:

For Potent, does that mean Brave units can strike SIX times since they can now have two follow-up attacks?

"[T]his effect is not affected by effects that prevent follow-ups or 'attacks twice' effects".

Five times.

20 hours ago, XRay said:

does the reduction to Special damage affect defensive Specials like God-Like Reflexes or Ice Mirror? I assume no, but I want to be sure.

"Special damage" refers only to Specials that activate on the unit's attack or before combat and only to the damage of that attack. All other sources of damage from Special skills are considered to be passive effects.

20 hours ago, XRay said:

Since the Special triggers outside of combat, can the Emblem Effect check whether the nuke will perform a Brave attack during combat, since there are quite a few conditional Brave Weapons, skills, and status effects out there.

There are no sources of the Brave effect that are dependent on the opponent's HP at start of combat, so there is no way for an AoE Special activation to change whether or not a conditional Brave effect activates. As such, whether the Brave effect is active in combat is always already known before combat.