What Supports would you have liked to have seen in New Mystery?

Someone once told me that the set up for Mystery of the Emblem's support system is that Kris supports every character, and every character has one additional support. Unfortunately this is not true. Most characters do have one Kris support and one non Kris support. But it's not every character. The following characters only support with Kris.

*Draug

*Arran

*Warren

*Matthis

*Wrys

*Castor

*Barst

*Frey

*Norne

*Samto

*Wendell

*Cain

*Roger

*Etzel

*Arlen

*Horace

*Jake

*Darros

*Beck

*Athena

*Xane

*Dolph

*Macellean

*Tomas

*Frost

*Ymir

*Nagi

That's a whopping 27 characters, which, surprisingly, is only about a third of the cast, that are Avatar sexuals. So, let's pair them up. Which of these character pairs who don't have a non avatar support partner should be paired up with each other. If it's 27 characters, 26 if we drop Nagi, means only an additional 13 support chains. And considering Est and Minerva both had four Non-Kris supports, most of which with characters who also had multiple supports (there seems to have been some bias for the white wings, who would also go on to have supports in SoV) it would have been very doable to give us another 13. Especially since that list is some of the characters most needing supports. Jumping out at me straight away

*Dolph and Macellean seem like obvious support partners. Like, they're practically the same guy yet we actually have very little insight into who they actually are to each other.

*They paired Frey and Norne together in the story and they have the meta connection of both being Shadow Dragon prologue characters, so a support there seems like it would have been obvious.

*Barst is the member of the axe trio who doesn't support with the other two, he's also the one that becomes a pirate in his ending, so pairing off with the fourth original chapter 2 axe user, Darros, seems like it'd write itself and give his ending some reason for existing.

*Druag and Arran are our two early game experienced fighters from Altea helping the scrubs of the 7th Platoon. So they'd make a natural fit too. And Arran in particular would like a supporter from early in the game given his Jeigan role.

*Jake and Beck are both Ballisticians so that's an obvious pairing to talk about there.

Those are the obvious pairings from the Avatarsexuals. But there are some obvious pairings with characters who already support, like Merric and Elleran, or even Cain and Abel. non obvious supports are also often nice as two characters who have little interaction or plot together can still bounce off each other nicely. Originally this was going to be a thread about pairing just the Avatarsexuals, but now, just before I post, I'm changing my mind (and not editing anything from before, because that's just the way I roll). What characters do you think should have supported each other in New Mystery, particularly from the pool of listed characters who only support with Kris?

Edited by Jotari

... Nagi and Xane? Two literal divine dragons, if memory serves? And Bantu, because why the hell not? He did care for Nagas kid a long time I think.

Wrys and Caeda. No way she wouldn´t have a chat with the old boy.

Wendell + Etzel + merric and I thinki there´s another of Wendells students too? They´d hit it off over magic books I´m sure.

I think Tomas could work with Dolph and Macellan, since they were all imprisoned together. Make it a support triangle.

Athena and Ymir could be good, too, since they're both "outsiders" in their own way.

Roger-Xane would be great, with Xane pretending to be Princess Shiida. Seems like the kind of prank he'd be into.

Finally, Nagi-Tiki and Samto-Navarre seem pretty obvious, given their respective similarities.

51 minutes ago, Imuabicus der Fertige said:

Wendell + Etzel + merric and I thinki there´s another of Wendells students too? They´d hit it off over magic books I´m sure.

I assume you're referring to Ellerean?

1 hour ago, Imuabicus der Fertige said:

... Nagi and Xane? Two literal divine dragons, if memory serves? And Bantu, because why the hell not? He did care for Nagas kid a long time I think.

Nagi and Xane could definitely work. Also, while I'm here mentioning Nagi, obviously the four maidens come too later to support anyone at all. Though I guess their singular recruitment partners are pretty telling of who they would support.

51 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I think Tomas could work with Dolph and Macellan, since they were all imprisoned together. Make it a support triangle.

Tomas also joins Dolph and Macellan to be a border vigilante in his ending. So the three are tied together.

Athena and Ymir could be good, too, since they're both "outsiders" in their own way.

Roger-Xane would be great, with Xane pretending to be Princess Shiida. Seems like the kind of prank he'd be into.

Finally, Nagi-Tiki and Samto-Navarre seem pretty obvious, given their respective similarities.

Samto Feena could be a good pairing too. I don't know what way she'd land, but she'd definitely have opinions on Samto's appearance.

I assume you're referring to Ellerean?

I think we call him Arlen now

Edited by Jotari

I think Gordon with some of the Altean knights could have been interesting. His support with Ryan shows he's surprisingly mature and dependable for being the ''kid'' of the original knight duo and it be sweet if those original knights treat him like a peer instead of a little brother. Or that they start out still babying him and change their tune in the later supports. 

As much as I despise Michalis for surviving I think he and Mathis have all the material for a hilarious support conversation. Either Mathis being terrified of him while Michalis has no idea who he is, or Michalis awkwardly trying to apologize for sending him to die just because his sister rejecting him, but failing because Mathis keeps fleeing at the sight of him.

Marth and Merric. They're childhood friends and practically brothers in law so that makes sense. 

Tiki and Jagen might have a nice dynamic. Marth and Caeda seem the types to spoil Tiki so it fall to Jagen to do the hard parenting jobs like teaching discipline or making Tiki eat her vegies. 

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Tiki and Jagen might have a nice dynamic. Marth and Caeda seem the types to spoil Tiki so it fall to Jagen to do the hard parenting jobs like teaching discipline or making Tiki eat her vegies. 

Problem with that one is that Jagen isn't playable. And unlike Gotoh, their restraint there probably is for the best since the original story framed his advisor role around him now being too old to fight.

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

Nagi and Xane could definitely work. Also, while I'm here mentioning Nagi, obviously the four maidens come too later to support anyone at all. Though I guess their singular recruitment partners are pretty telling of who they would support.

Damn, just realized that Matthis can't save Lena. I feel sorry for the guy. He's the most forgettable Cavalier, even to his own sister.

Nagi-Xane-Tiki could be another triangle. Also, kinda weird that Barst doesn't triangle-support with Bord and Cord, when they have a triangle attack together.

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

I think we call him Arlen now

I'lltellyawhatman, it'sadangol' cityomagicthereinKhadein, withalldemThoronsExcalibursand "can'twinagainstGharnef" knowwhatI'msayin'?

I'd like Yumia and Jubello to talk to some of their subjects. Specifically Roger, since he's the most  "normal" Grustian we have. Ymir, Beck and Jake are all more nomads, Sirius is in disguise and the Sable Knights are all defector. Roger also needs a bit more since his character right now is basically just "incel". Having him talk to one of his monarchs and the awkwardness that would result on, possibly both sides, could be fun.

4 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I'lltellyawhatman, it'sadangol' cityomagicthereinKhadein, withalldemThoronsExcalibursand "can'twinagainstGharnef" knowwhatI'msayin'?

Ug5ixlH.png

^Low effort, but still proud.

Edited by Jotari

A support between Xane and either Dolph or Macellan, in which he tries to troll them by turning into their mirror image. Dolph/Macellan, of course, simply react by greeting their old friend Macellan/Dolph, while complimenting them on their new choice of armour - green/salmon (?) is such a good colour on them. I'm not sure how to stretch this over three conversations, but honestly, Fire Emblem has managed that with even less.

20 hours ago, Jotari said:

Ug5ixlH.png

"That Mage ain't right, I tell ya hwat!"

Very impressive! Makes me want to go shopping for propane. And maybe a coupke propane accessories, while I'm at it.

Anyway, just gonna suggest some combination of Wendell, Wrys, and Frost. Since they're all old men who do magic. Surely, they could give us something better than Nomah's support with Celica, right? ...Right?

Seconding Samuel/Phina, the joke practically writes itself and they'd have a more even dynamic than Phina with Navarre.

Draug and Norne already have a non-talking support and are implied to be at least somewhat close for what little crumbs they get. Gordin's part of the triangle and makes off like a bandit in comparison, let them have something.

Arlen should absolutely have something with Wendell and/or Merric. Something to show that he's trying to make amends and change his ways. Problem is I think some directions wouldn't be suited towards a support since they need more than two people.

Etzel/Wendell could give us some context on the former's debt to Khadein if nothing else.

Castor has a couple options. Caeda, Barst or a Talysian if you want to build on his home relations, Jeorge or Gordin if you want to do something with his ending, Darros to touch on his pirate background and Lena's heist crew if you want to reference that. I think Malice would be an interesting partner on account of their deadbeat dads.

On 2/17/2024 at 2:28 AM, Jotari said:

Ug5ixlH.png

Pfffhahaha that is great. Agreed on Yuliya and Jubelo with their fellow Grustians btw, and I'll go further by saying Yuliya should've been an alt recruitment option for Roger!

3 hours ago, X-Naut said:

Yuliya should've been an alt recruitment option for Roger!

That would have been nice. As is Roger's recruitment is pretty much the exact same joke as Shadow Dragon. Which would be fine if he had literally anything else to his character.