Share your wishlist / ideas for the next Smash game (Discussion thread)

Perkilator

Exactly as the title says. Got any ideas, hopes and dreams for the next Smash game? Feel free to share them right here. For me:

Newcomers

Spoiler
  • Waluigi
  • Pauline
  • Dixie Kong
  • Raven Beak
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Magolor
  • Gholdengo
  • Sigurd
  • K.K. Slider
  • Noah & Mio
  • Ring Fit Trainee
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Zero
  • Chun-Li
  • Rayman
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Estelle Bright

Modes

Spoiler
  • A roguelike Adventure Mode
  • Smash Run
  • A mode where you can create your own Target Test

I don't need many, or, honestly, any, new fighters specifically (though I'd love Pig Beast Ganon). What I want more than anything else is to see a return of Smash 4's custom specials in a more developed form, giving all characters unique Palutena style custom specials. So many characters either have dated movesets, or just have a lot more than 4 potential iconic moves that could work as specials.

I want them to work on their cosmetic game. 8 Skins that are mostly recolors is pretty pathetic. Especially coming from Tekken's developers. Sakurai loves having unlockables in Smash, and these are the perfect thing to entice people to chase 100%. Better than Spirits, and certainly less annoying than unlocking the whole roster. Seriously, never do that again unless it's totally optional. We've already moved past the requirement of needing characters to have 4 or more skins for Team Battle. Also, people would be more willing to buy DLC skins of actually popular characters than if it were a Mii outfit. Like Link wearing an Assassins Creed-inspired gown. I bought the Altair outfit, but I know I'm basically alone.

That having been said I kinda hope Miis do return. Even in the likely event that the Switch NX lacks a Mii Maker entirely and the concept is sunsetted. They'd still represent nearly two decades of nintendo history. And nothing beats the thrill of going online and fighting Chrom as Chrum.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

37 minutes ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

I want them to work on their cosmetic game. 8 Skins that are mostly recolors is pretty pathetic. Especially coming from Tekken's developers. Sakurai loves having unlockables in Smash, and these are the perfect thing to entice people to chase 100%. Better than Spirits, and certainly less annoying than unlocking the whole roster. Seriously, never do that again unless it's totally optional. We've already moved past the requirement of needing characters to have 4 or more skins for Team Battle. Also, people would be more willing to buy DLC skins of actually popular characters than if it were a Mii outfit. Like Link wearing an Assassins Creed-inspired gown. I bought the Altair outfit, but I know I'm basically alone.

That having been said I kinda hope Miis do return. Even in the likely event that the Switch NX lacks a Mii Maker entirely and the concept is sunsetted. They'd still represent nearly two decades of nintendo history. And nothing beats the thrill of going online and fighting Chrom as Chrum.

Oh yes, I'm in total agreement. I see no reason why every design for the likes of Link and Samus shouldn't be featured in Smash as alternate costumes. I don't think it would even cost that much. We all know modelers thrive on being over worked, and half of them good be imported from other games with little issue.

General

• Don't make a brand new game. Continue to enhance what Ultimate already is. I know this might be a controversial take, but it's the only realistic way for us to keep the roster, and the general gameplay doesn't need much improvement, if any.
  • Fix the damn online. Just all of it.
  • Better alt costumes. There should be an effort to make at least one "unique" outfit for everyone (like the Odyssey Mario), but obviously characters without clear options can be skipped. 

Modes

• As long as the main mode isn't Smash Tour, we'll probably be good. The other games have all done well here (for their time, if nothing else).

Newcomers

• 2B
  • Dixie Kong
  • Fucking any female (default) Fire Emblem character with a unique moveset. For fuck's sake, Sakurai (or whoever is responsible for these decisions). Even just make Corrin female-default if you won't add anyone else.

I'd love to see an expanded version of Smash Run. Make it a larger environment, with new enemies and weapons. Allow up to 16 players at a time, all on the same field. That way, if you come up against another player, you can fight them to erase their boosts.

After the competetive field portion, there would be two rounds: one with four four-player matches, and then "finals" of a single four-player match, populated by the winners. Three stage picks would be offered, with four players deciding between them, and decided randomly in the case of a tie.

2 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

And nothing beats the thrill of going online and fighting Chrom as Chrum.

"Give your father a hug, Lasoona."

Here's my general wishlist:

1. Take the opportunity to reinvent certain characters' movesets from the ground up. It's time that Ganondorf stopped being a semi-clone of Captain Falcon.

2. It does not have to bring every character back; the way to make something new after "Ultimate" is not to make something even more Ultimate, and one thing that's clear is that Ultimate and its DLC was very straining on the developers. So, instead of trying to go bigger, instead take a good look at the series and reconsider various things such as character movesets.

3. Bring back trophies in some way. Trophies were a fantastic addition as they were essentially a digital museum that could give the player info about lesser-known titles. I remember first learning about franchises like Pikmin from trophies in Melee. Spirits were fine, but they weren't nearly as effective at the digital museum aspect.

4. A proper adventure mode like either Melee's Adventure Mode or Brawl's Subspace Emissary. Perhaps even one that combined the best aspects of Adventure Mode, Subspace Emissary and World of Light.

Newcomers:

1. If there has to be a fighter from Engage, then someone other than Alear. Please pick someone like Ivy, Lumera, Veyle or Nel. Any one of them could provide interesting gameplay and bring something new; Alear has nothing except the rings, and the rings are really Alear borrowing the potential of other FE lords.

i don't have huge demands (imho), i'd just like to see a few newcomers from series i really like
these would be any non-Sekiro Fromsoftware main character (Chosen Undead, Cursed One, Good Hunter, Champion of Ash or Tarnished, i'm fine with any of these ones) and any Trails main character (either Estelle, (Kevin) Lloyd, Rean or Van (haven't played Kuro yet)

whether it's with a whole new game or a re-release with new contents, i don't really care

6 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Here's my general wishlist:

1. Take the opportunity to reinvent certain characters' movesets from the ground up. It's time that Ganondorf stopped being a semi-clone of Captain Falcon.

Ganondorf stopped being a clone, or a semi-clone or a demi clone or whatever you want to phrase it,  of Falcon back in Brawl. Basically the only thing now they have similar is their throws (and yes, I'm including the Specials, they're no more similar to each other than half the roster's attacks of the same style).

7 hours ago, Hrothgar777 said:

This would be absolutely insane and it's never going to happen, but a 3D mode.

I find that more likely than you might think. Smash Ultimate is kind of the true to its name as the ultimate version of Smash. If Sakurai really does leave the series (as he's threatened to do with basically every entry), then they might just decide to overhaul it completely and give us something radically different like a 3D fighter.

Make Ganondorf not like Captain Falcon (yes, he is a C. Falcon and I will not argue this at all in any way). Lyn as a newcomer to the roster. Better alternate outfits (Wedding Mario/Peach/Bowser, the various Link/Zelda/Ganondorf outfits [OoT/TP/SS/BotW/etc.], the like). Trophies. No stupid challenge board to unlock things, especially if those challenges involve things like "beat fifty trillion players online," "collect twelve million nametags," etc.

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Ganondorf stopped being a clone, or a semi-clone or a demi clone or whatever you want to phrase it,  of Falcon back in Brawl. Basically the only thing now they have similar is their throws (and yes, I'm including the Specials, they're no more similar to each other than half the roster's attacks of the same style).

In any case, it's time that Ganondorf finally gets an all new distinct moveset that reflects his actual skills and abilities displayed in The Legend of Zelda.

For the next Smash Bros. game, I'm imagining a moveset based on his Tears of the Kingdom moveset, namely a lot of gloom magic and extensive use of swordsmanship, archery, spear-fighting and the kanabo club. The alternate palettes would include his mummy form, his Gerudo King form, and his Demon King form.

Incidentally, this is almost-certainly a longshot, but a stage atop the backs of the Light Dragon and the Demon Dragon as they battle each other would be really cool.

7 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

In any case, it's time that Ganondorf finally gets an all new distinct moveset that reflects his actual skills and abilities displayed in The Legend of Zelda.

Well that's precisely why I suggest Custom Specials as a way of updating and injecting new variety into movesets. Because Ganondorf isn't the only one with an outdated moveset and he's in fact a lot better represented than many other characters. We don't even need to leave the same series. Zelda, for example, has basically nothing from her games. None of her standard attacks are animations or even concepts taken from her games. And of her special moves only the Phantom is actually something she did in her own games, and even that is an extremely contrived implementation (which isn't a bad thing, but is a thing). The other three specials people seem to give a pass on because they come from the spells Link uses in Ocarina of Time. Only...they don't. They are completely different attacks with the same name. Well at least Din's Fire and Nayru's Love are. Farore's Wind, while not 1:1 is still performing the same idea. But all Din's Fire and Nayru's Love have in common with their named origin is the vaguest idea of "fire" and "protection", and using those ideas in a very different way. It'd be like calling Ganondorf's Dark Dive Urbosa's Fury because it involves electricity. And, to be clear, I have no dislike of Zelda's moveset, it's great. My larger point is that Ganondorf's situation is far less unique than people treat it and that the solution of Custom Specials is one many characters would appreciate.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well that's precisely why I suggest Custom Specials as a way of updating and injecting new variety into movesets. Because Ganondorf isn't the only one with an outdated moveset and he's in fact a lot better represented than many other characters. We don't even need to leave the same series. Zelda, for example, has basically nothing from her games. None of her standard attacks are animations or even concepts taken from her games. And of her special moves only the Phantom is actually something she did in her own games, and even that is an extremely contrived implementation (which isn't a bad thing, but is a thing). The other three specials people seem to give a pass on because they come from the spells Link uses in Ocarina of Time. Only...they don't. They are completely different attacks with the same name. Well at least Din's Fire and Nayru's Love are. Farore's Wind, while not 1:1 is still performing the same idea. But all Din's Fire and Nayru's Love have in common with their named origin is the vaguest idea of "fire" and "protection", and using those ideas in a very different way. It'd be like calling Ganondorf's Dark Dive Urbosa's Fury because it involves electricity. And, to be clear, I have no dislike of Zelda's moveset, it's great. My larger point is that Ganondorf's situation is far less unique than people treat it and that the solution of Custom Specials is one many characters would appreciate.

For me, I give Zelda's moveset a pass not because the names of the spells are those from Ocarina of Time, but because spellcasting does represent Zelda; when she does fight in Zelda games, she does so primarily as a spellcaster. My main problem with Ganondorf's moveset in Smash Bros., besides being derived from Captain Falcon, is that it is primarily as an unarmed brawler, and Ganondorf is never an unarmed brawler; he's always a weapon-wielder and a spellcaster.

Oh, and I think Zelda's moveset is great as well.

I recognize that Ganondorf's moveset is far from unique. Bringing back custom specials would be one way to partially alleviate the problem, but I think that, for certain characters such as Ganondorf, the next Smash Bros. game should be used as an opportunity to rethink their moveset from the ground up.

25 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

For me, I give Zelda's moveset a pass not because the names of the spells are those from Ocarina of Time, but because spellcasting does represent Zelda; when she does fight in Zelda games, she does so primarily as a spellcaster.

That's not true though. When Zelda fights in Zelda games it's most commonly with light arrows, having created them or directly used them in practically every appearance. She also noteably uses a Rapier in Twilight Princess which Hyrule Warriors ran with. The only time Zelda ever really blasts things with magic outside of the CD-I games is at the end of Ocarina of Time when she shoots a stream of light to stun Ganondorf like Robin using Thoron...which is an attack they ignored when they created her moveset back in 2001. If Zelda were to be created and put into the games today, light arrows and a rapier would almost certainly be the basis of her moveset and would be the authentic portrayal of Zelda, but they've even removed the light arrows in Smash Ultimate where previously they were her final smash.

There's also the even more baffling case of Sheik. Unlike Zelda and Ganondorf, Sheik has had only one mainline game even to this day, with Hyrule Warriors being the only other outing for the character outside of Smash. In Ocarina of Time Sheik does precisely two things. Disappear in mysterious ways and play a harp. They got the Vanish down well as the Up Special but the harp...it's just nowhere. It's in the Melee opening and that's it. I'm not saying it needs to be the basis of an entire moveset like in Hyrule Warriors, but for crying out loud developers, at least give it a token appearance as a taunt or victory pose, if not a special.

Edited by Jotari

Hmm...

Well, on the subject of Zelda, I do wish to see a rep that isn't part of the main trio. Even Impa as a Sheik Echo I'd be satisfied with.

Also, I'd so want a Golden Sun character playable. At this point no matter who. I'd take Isaac remaining an AT if someone like Felix or Matthew is playable as well.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I don't want the next game to just be "Ultimate with more characters"; since everything will be rebuild from the ground up either way, the developers should take the opportunity to go in a new direction without reinventing the wheel. Heck, call it Super Smash Bros. Evolution or something. I would enjoy more new stages since Ultimate only had four in the base game, a Metroid Dread stage where you get chased by an E.M.M.I. would be fun.

I don't feel too strongly about new characters at this point but here's a newcomer list I spat out:

Spoiler
  1. Waluigi
  2. Dixie Kong
  3. New Pokémon
  4. Magolor (Or Bandana Waddle Dee, I'm not picky)
  5. Octoling
  6. Alear
  7. Tibby (from Rhythm Heaven)
  8. Officer Howard
  9. Ring Fit Trainee
  10. Takamaru
  11. A new Sonic character; I would be happy with any of Tails/Knuckles/Eggman/Shadow
  12. Some other third party character that I can't decide on right now

And a new Zelda character (not that I could decide on who), as an "early adopter bonus" DLC like Piranha Plant. Though now that I think about it, any early adopter bonus would probably be a veteran who couldn't be finished in time.

Since Splatoon and ARMS were the only new Nintendo series to get characters in Ultimate, I wanted a balance between adding to existing series and including new series. Ten or so new characters with a total roster around 60ish characters seems realistic. Using Ultimate as a precedent, the base game will probably have one to three third party characters, with DLC adding more along with cut veterans and Nintendo characters who were too late for the base game. In particular, the lack of a Koei Tecmo character is still rather odd and Adol Christin seems like the kind of character Sakurai would enjoy including (he was the eighth person to finish Xanadu, after all).

And honestly I'm fine with keeping Ganondorf mostly as he is, but he should get his own victory theme.

Edited by Lightchao42

Just to put out more than one newcomer I'd like to see, here's a more complete list of personal wants:

1. Lyn. I don't care in any way that Fire Emblem already has a lot of representation, I've been wanting Lyn on the roster for years, years. Years before Ultimate, years before Wii U/3DS. And I'll never stop wanting it.
2. Impa. Zelda really deserves something outside of the Link-Zelda-Ganondorf trio. As it is now, we have three Links, Zelda, Zelda's disguise, and Ganondorf. Let's get someone else, and I think Impa deserves it.
3. Waluigi. The last Mario character I'd be excited to see, personally.
4. Feraligatr. The water equivalent to Charizard, or Incineroar. I've always thought it'd be neat.
5. Anthony Higgs. Metroid is like Zelda. It has Samus, Samus without armor, Samus' dark clone, and then Ridley. Unlike Zelda, though, Metroid doesn't have an overabundance of characters they could pick from. It has some, certainly, but not a plethora of. Of them, I like the idea of Anthony more than anyone else.
6. Magolor. I think he'd be a neat addition for the Kirby group. Bandana Dee would be fine, too.
7. Dixie Kong, with Funky Kong as a DK Echo. Donkey Kong is another series that should probably have more than it does? Dixie is the obvious pick, but let's face it, she's clearly the one who should be picked next. My darkhorse pick would be Cranky Kong...if we can beat up literal children, we can beat up an elderly ape.
8. Isaac, or Felix, or Matthew. Golden Sun would be neat to see get some fighter representation.
9. Andy. Advance Wars is one of those series that feels like...it's surprising they haven't gotten a fighter?
10. Zael. I have such love for The Last Story and I've always felt it deserved as much attention as Xenoblade.
11. Balloon Fighter. The retro pick. Yeah, Villager might need a tiny re-work for one move that looks pretty much directly from Balloon Fight, but hey, that wouldn't stop the Fighter himself from coming.
12. Crash Bandicoot. My favorite game franchise, and my only real third-party desire.

On the Ganondorf "problem" I think it's significant that Ganondorf is consistently above average among most played characters in each game. Both casually and competitively despite his notoriously low tier list placements. Beating Captain Falcon in 2022, and being the highest played Zelda character in 2021. 22nd and 24th place is pretty good among 86 characters. I think removing Ganondorf in favor of a wholly original version is seriously alienating to his die hard fans. Calls for his removal clearly come from a vocal minority. And if you're just approaching this from an objective "all previous clones should be made more diverse", then isn't an equally good solution to give Captain Falcon some new moves? 

I encourage them to keep doing small tweaks, as giving him a massive sword better reflected the Ocarina of Time/Late 90s Trade Show version of the character they were going for, and kept him in the same slow, menacing archetypal gameplay feel. And besides, there's nothing stopping them from doing a different version of Ganondorf that stands separate from the one we know. We have three Links, after all. I want a pig beast ganon from link to the past. I think that's the version of the character that would be the most unique in terms of visuals, moveset, and playstyle. A fat wizard with a telekinetic trident who will surprise you with sudden warps.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

9 minutes ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

On the Ganondorf "problem" I think it's significant that Ganondorf is consistently above average among most played characters in each game. Both casually and competitively despite his notoriously low tier list placements. Beating Captain Falcon in 2022, and being the highest played Zelda character in 2021. 22nd and 24th place is pretty good among 86 characters. I think removing Ganondorf in favor of a wholly original version is seriously alienating to his die hard fans. Calls for his removal clearly come from a vocal minority. And if you're just approaching this from an objective "all previous clones should be made more diverse", then isn't an equally good solution to give Captain Falcon some new moves? 

I encourage them to keep doing small tweaks, as giving him a massive sword better reflected the Ocarina of Time/Late 90s Trade Show version of the character they were going for, and kept him in the same slow, menacing archetypal gameplay feel. And besides, there's nothing stopping them from doing a different version of Ganondorf that stands separate from the one we know. We have three Links, after all. I want a pig beast ganon from link to the past. I think that's the version of the character that would be the most unique in terms of visuals, moveset, and playstyle. A fat wizard with a telekinetic trident who will surprise you with sudden warps.

To start with, I'm in complete agreement with the sentiment of everything you've said. Ganondorf is a very fun character to play and you see him being used in a way that is very disproportionate compared to how good he's meant to be. And Pig Beast Ganon as a powerful and slow fighter who can warp is a moveset I'd love to see and I have planned movesets like it before.

But on to trivia, they actually have changed some of Captain Falcon's moves! Though it seems to have been for the sake of it and not to differentiate the two, as both Ganondorf and Captian Falcon changed their forward Smash in Ultimate. Neither uses the elbow thrust now, with Ganondorf using the sword and Captian Falcon using, somewhat amusingly, a backhanded punch that looks a bit like Warlock Punch. This is Falcon's third forward Smash as he had a flaming kick in the first game, the elbow thurst in the next three and now the back handed punch. Personally I'd like to have Ganondorf go back to the elbow thrust for his forward smash and then use a sword as a two hit follow up like Link's forward smash. As he has an elbow thrust->sword attack combo in his Twilight Princess battle.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

That's not true though. When Zelda fights in Zelda games it's most commonly with light arrows, having created them or directly used them in practically every appearance. She also noteably uses a Rapier in Twilight Princess which Hyrule Warriors ran with. The only time Zelda ever really blasts things with magic outside of the CD-I games is at the end of Ocarina of Time when she shoots a stream of light to stun Ganondorf like Robin using Thoron...which is an attack they ignored when they created her moveset back in 2001. If Zelda were to be created and put into the games today, light arrows and a rapier would almost certainly be the basis of her moveset and would be the authentic portrayal of Zelda, but they've even removed the light arrows in Smash Ultimate where previously they were her final smash.

You are correct about the light arrows, with a lot of final battles having her either use them herself or give them to Link. I had thought to mention the light arrows, but I decided not to do so because 1) they are magic weapons, and 2) I misremembered the light arrows as still being her final smash instead of formerly being her final smash. Incidentally, what is her final smash in Ultimate again?

As for the rapier, she only has one in Twilight Princess and she never actually uses it; she is only shown dropping it as a symbol of her surrendering to Zant. Ganondorf uses it more than she does when he possesses her body for the first stage of his boss fight, and he only uses it for one attack while the rest are spells.

Zelda is almost never shown unleashing a magic blast, sure, but there are many cases of her using spells: she uses spells to open gates in Ocarina of Time when she and Link are fleeing Ganon's Tower, she uses a magic song in Spirit Tracks to create a weak point on the back of the final boss, she prepares a magic blast that acts as the final blow against Ganon in Four Swords Adventures, and then there's her sealing power in Breath of the Wild and her time magic in Tears of the Kingdom.

4 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Zelda is almost never shown unleashing a magic blast, sure, but there are many cases of her using spells: she uses spells to open gates in Ocarina of Time when she and Link are fleeing Ganon's Tower, she uses a magic song in Spirit Tracks to create a weak point on the back of the final boss, she prepares a magic blast that acts as the final blow against Ganon in Four Swords Adventures, and then there's her sealing power in Breath of the Wild and her time magic in Tears of the Kingdom.

None of which are actually anything resembling what she does in Smash (and one of which is really just light arrows again). I don't see that as any more significant than the broad notion that Ganondorf is capable of using magic and thus utilizes fire, electricity and dark magic in his moveset (and let's not forget he actually does punch, kick and uses a sword too in his games too). It's really the exact same case study with a double standard. If we go with either broad concept or direct animations, Ganondorf pulls more form his games than Zelda does. I reckon, much like Zelda, if Ganondorf was dropped into Smash today with his current moveset he'd be widely praised for how it represents. It's just the legacy of Captain Falcon that haunts him despite the changes they've made over the years and, as Zapp pointed out, him actually being a rather popular character to play.

This is, what, my 3rd go-around? Might be the last time for me, there's only so often you can talk about your personal wants for games like these.

I'm still focusing on just characters here, and just the ones that would really get me hyped.

1. Black Knight/Zelgius. Obviously. If there's any one FE swordie they could add besides Alear (because you just know they will), it should be one of the greatest villains antagonists anti-heroes in the series. I can always play mods till the end of time, but an official promotion from assist trophy would be grand.
  2. At least a few more Sonic characters. Truth be told, Cream is my favorite Sonic character, but realistically it would only happen if the main gang was added first, and at this point I think SEGA has eased up on their unhealthy "no Sonic friends" mentality. Adding at least Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman would be satisfactory.
  3. Ramza Beoulve. A beloved character from a tactical spin-off series that often feels underrated. Mainly a swordie but his tilts, smashes, and aerials would mostly have him use other weapons he can use as a Squire (so he'd basically be a Final Fantasy version of Byleth); while his specials would be Squire skills such as his unique Shout to boost his stats as well as throwing stones, plus casting Holy like he could in Dissidia.
  4. Cidolfas Orlandeau. What's better than one extraordinary swordsman like BK/Zel? How about two. Orlandeau would be built similarly but would utilize the whole range of Holy Sword, Mighty Sword, and Dark Sword skills. I can only dare to dream (plus Agrias Oaks would probably be the Holy Knight they go to first).
  5. Marco/Tarma/Eri/Fio. Still my top shooter rep(s) of choice. I fear for their current state as afaik Metal Slug Tactics has been in dev hell for years now (wth have you been doing, DotEmu!?). We need...something with these guys. It really says something when I say I would even be hyped if they got skins in Fortnite. And I don't even play Fortnite.
  6. Lloyd Irving. As far as all these swordies go, Lloyd's at the bottom. Would still be cool to see but the ones above him would get me way more hyped.
  7. Crash Bandicoot. The purely nostalgic childhood pick. Always loved 'em, and he just fits with this loony bunch.

My personal wishes for Smash mostly go against the general direction that the series is taking and the general consensus among its players. As such, I'd be shocked to actually get what I want, but here goes anyway.

First, I want a much smaller scale game with far fewer characters. More characters means less star power. I know that every character is somebody's favourite, but as a casual, it's hard to get excited about a lot of the more borderline inclusions. And even harder to get excited about all the other games and series that are getting referenced. "Link is fighting Pikachu!" is fun in a way that "Palutena is fighting Ridley!" isn't. If I had my druthers, I'd probably limited it to about 30-40 characters, would probably go back to only having Nintendo characters, and would limit to one character per game series, with very few exceptions.

Second, I want more focus put onto having a better single-player mode. World of Light was a pretty big disappointment for me, mainly because it was just a bunch of individual fights splurged onto a big map without really forming a coherent whole. I don't really care that there wasn't really any attempt at a coherent storyline, but I would have liked for there to have been a more consistent difficulty curve, with easier challenges to begin with growing into more difficult ones later.