Pre Banner Discussion Thread: New Heroes banner march 2024

Ended up forgetting and making the thread way later than I normally do these, oops. In any case, the next New Heroes banner is supposed to be out on the 15th or 16th depending on where you live.

As usual, what are your guesses, expectations, wants (or not wants), etc?

Tricky one as I have an itch to summon on AHR but if this banner turns out good then I'd have to use all my orbs on this first (since it only runs for two weeks) and delay pulling on the AHR banner for a month.

I'm expecting the New Heroes banner this month to be either Fates or Archanea. I'd prefer Archanea, but I'm not opposed to Fates.

If it's Fates, I'm hoping it'll be something like Att./RA/Asc. Leo, Mozu, and Scarlet. If it's Archanea, I expect and hope it brings Yuliya, Jubelo, and Lorenz, and most of all I hope we by some miracle get Castor with them.

I wonder what's left for Archenea. The Grust kids aren't likely to get much interest, Lorenz, Boa and Wendel are old men and thus Castor is Castor. Aside from those most people already got into the game in some form or another. Very few of what's left can carry a banner, and giving Caeda a resplendent can only take a banner so far. They can always put Bald General 1 and Bald General 2 on a banner. Actually I'd love that just for the novelty. 

If its a Fates Banner I hope Percy makes it in. Sumeragi isn't in the game yet right? I can see him appearing eventually. Though perhaps more for a fallen or valentine banner. 

There's barely a single Archanea character that's going to give the huge sales people see from Three Houses, Lyn, Camilla, Lucina, etc. Only Marth, Tiki, Caeda, and possibly Catria will ever come close. No one else. Because of that, I feel like people don't really give it a fair shake and always underestimate how many semi-relevant characters are left. The Grust kids, Lorenz, Midia, Xane, Arlen, and Wendell all feel like they're notable amongst the other Archanea characters, and none of them have base forms yet. That's a couple of banners right there if they can find the right alts/OCs to pair with them.

I just want to save orbs right now, so I don't want the Asc. / Rea. / Att. unit to be Azura, Sakura, Elise, Felicia, Caeda, Catria or Linde.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I wonder what's left for Archenea.

Oh, Archanea still has plenty left in terms of quantity. It's just the quality of that quantity that's the big problem for Archanea. Arlen (with Etzel slightly behind him) ranked the highest out of the missing Archanean characters in CYL8......at 275th and 277th respectively.

I think only Valentia (Jesse at 283rd) and Binding (Elffin at 280th) had lower ranking "most wanted" characters. Keep in mind, Valentia in particular only has two playable characters left (ignoring the Cipher quartet since IS is still ignoring them in CYL) who aren't in FEH at all: Jesse and Nomah.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Sumeragi isn't in the game yet right?

Yeah, Sumeragi is not in yet. He should very much be in play for the GHB spot at least with most of the other NPC antagonists (who aren't among the capturable bosses) in already. 

I have a feeling it will be Fates or Archanea. Probably Archanea, which is fine by me as there are still a good number of characters from those games who I want to see in Heroes. I could definitely see this banner featuring Yuliya, Yubelo, and Marisha with Ascended/Rearmed/Attuned Katarina and Lorenz as the GHB. The former three and Lorenz are introduced around the same time in New Mystery. Marisha is one of my favorite Archanean characters, so I really hope she’s there. 

Alternately, I could see a banner featuring the remaining 7th platoon members (Cecil and Ryan) with Ascended/Rearmed/Attuned Katarina, Yubelo and Yuliya. Cecil would be the GHB, which would be a little odd, but you train with her in the prologue of New Mystery and we’ve seen weirder GHB choices. 

I’m holding out that there’s some remote chance we’ll get Rickard, since he’s the only Archanea dagger option left (barring any odd reclassing decisions IS makes.) I’d be surprised to see him here, but I think Rickard has a fairly decent chance compared to other “unpopular” Archanean characters. Also, I’d like to see Castor and I don’t think there is too much competition for archers among the remaining Archanean cast.

As for a Fates banner, I don’t think there is any way I could be disappointed (though I may be jinxing myself since the last Fates banner was a dud.) Scarlet is almost guaranteed. I noticed in the last Fates Lost Lore that she was mentioned by name (which almost never happens with characters not in Heroes) so that cements Scarlet for me. I could see it being a Birthright/Hoshido themed banner with Scarlet, Hayato, either Mozu or Izana, and Ascended/Rearmed/Attuned Takumi or Sakura. If Shura isn’t the GHB, Kotaro would be a fitting choice. Honestly, a Fates banner with Shura in any capacity would make me happy.

I feel like, for Archanea, a really good Xane (say, if his weapon can copy an ally's weapon effect or skill or something of the like) could sell well, a good staff unit too specially if it's a woman (I mean, maybe I'm a bit out of these things so I'm not 100% sure, but didn't Safy and Tina sell well?), otherwise I guess that Asset Hero Caeda could carry a banner well enough (watch they give her eff against some 4 types of units like her pre legendary alts had + unconditional vantage + DC + one more broken shit like divine vein/start of combat damage/"unit can move 2 spaces away from an unit within 2 spaces"/desperation/whatever else), it'd be like the the A!Elincia banner that was half men and had Elincia and Lucia carry it, they just need Caeda and maybe one more good unit.

Also, I think an Asset Hero Nyna might be possible, and if she happened people would go crazy too (specially cause her OG alt is shit), even more if she was another arcane staff (but if that ends up being the case, I'm sure it won't happen to soon, since we just got the first arcane staff...).

Basically, my point is that Asset Hero Nyna or Caeda could very likely carry a banner by themselves (maybe with 1 more good unit on the banner), and that any premium staff unit (specially if a woman) and a good Xane could be well selling characters too. I don't think that Archanea is THAT far down on the hole of good options yet. Who knows, maybe Asset Hero Merric is a viable option too (but I'd bet on him being pushed to the end of the year to share a banner with OCs, like Ced last year).

5 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Also, I think an Asset Hero Nyna might be possible, and if she happened people would go crazy too (specially cause her OG alt is shit), even more if she was another arcane staff (but if that ends up being the case, I'm sure it won't happen to soon, since we just got the first arcane staff...).

You’re overestimating Nyna’s popularity. Her best CYL placement was 141st in CYL6 (aka the last CYL where she wasn’t in FEH yet). Nyna has since slipped to 335th and 365th in the last two CYLs. 

The Archanea Asset Hero essentially needs to be Caeda or Catria (they already used Y!Tiki and Marth is probably out due to his recent Emblem alt) for this incoming banner to not be a complete disaster in terms of sales.

Though then again, this banner is probably doomed anyways in terms of sales with the AHR banner looming.