New Heroes: Attuned Caeda & Ascended Merric

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

The Celestial Stone store resets twice a year, so we get two guaranteed Formas a year, excluding random one-off gifts.

Oh, I rarely summon up to 40 times on a banner so I don't use the celestial stones much (and when I use, I spend the very few I have on other items I use more, even if I know that Formas are more "valuable", cause well... I'm gonna use the other stuff more), although even then, I do have some Formas stacked up so i'll try to spend them soon instead of letting them rot forever. Man, I really should've gotten that Hatari Karla some HoFs ago instead of getting only Leila...

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I’m going to give that suggestion a hard “hell no”. Give that role to Demonic Beast Dedue (you know, a guy with no alts at all) instead if we really need an arcane weapon for armored beasts. Edelgard, for her part, can get a busted kid alt instead and like it.

Even with Nidhoggr being revealed to be a beast armor, that will increase the number of armored beasts in FEH to a grand total of……four. With that in mind, do we really want IS to waste a Rearmed Hero on armored beasts?

Well, yeah... Guess armoured beasts really are one of the least needed types of rearmed units. Also, next year will be book VI's TT+ so we'll get plenty of beasts there, + the other beast OCs on this book (whether they're rearmed, armoured or not), so two chances to get plenty of either armoured or rearmed beasts (I agree it shouldn't be both at the same time though).

And I really hope we get beast Dedue this year, just cause I like him.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

That was one of the reasons I liked the Pirate banner, it always had some randos, they should really take more opportunities to keep doing that,

Not random enough. Seeker should have been on one of those banners! Honestly I can't think of any obscure characters on that one. It was all the usual fair of popular characters and Heroes OCs. Dart or Lifis are probably the least popular character on it, but they're both playable characters so they're expected to be in the game at some point, unlike Kilma or Greil. If they really wanted to make the pirate banner introduce characters who otherwise wouldn't have a chance then there's a litany of pirate bosses that could serve. Probably best of all Gazzak as there's some notoriety in being the first boss in the entire series. Fargus also would have worked very well on the pirate banner, which would have opened up a spot on the later Blazing Blade banner.

I'm not too bothered about Castor's bow, to be honest. I'll still get the fodder I need/want and build him. And, interestingly enough, he's a Red unit, not a Colorless one. I guess they figured between Jeorge, Gordin, and Norne, they had the Colorless areas covered for bow units.

On 3/13/2024 at 10:41 PM, Sunwoo said:

This is why they should've never wasted both Nyna and Elice on the same banner. Especially when they just made Elice a shitty 4-star instademote.

Another option they could have used here in place of Yulia is Marisha. She's at least connected to Caeda and Marth through her supports with Caeda about Marth's relationship status. It's a loose connection, but a connection nonetheless. And Marisha isn't needed for a 7th Platoon banner, they have several options for that already: Cecil as the new lady on the block, an alt of Katarina, an alt of Male Kris, and/or an alt of Female Kris, plus an OC if they deem it so. A 7th Platoon banner only needs to carry Ryan and Arran, any two of Cecil/Katarina/a Kris/an OC can do that easily without Marisha.

32 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm not too bothered about Castor's bow, to be honest. I'll still get the fodder I need/want and build him. And, interestingly enough, he's a Red unit, not a Colorless one. I guess they figured between Jeorge, Gordin, and Norne, they had the Colorless areas covered for bow units.

Another option they could have used here in place of Yulia is Marisha. She's at least connected to Caeda and Marth through her supports with Caeda about Marth's relationship status. It's a loose connection, but a connection nonetheless. And Marisha isn't needed for a 7th Platoon banner, they have several options for that already: Cecil as the new lady on the block, an alt of Katarina, an alt of Male Kris, and/or an alt of Female Kris, plus an OC if they deem it so. A 7th Platoon banner only needs to carry Ryan and Arran, any two of Cecil/Katarina/a Kris/an OC can do that easily without Marisha.

You have my full agreement. Marisha would have made a lot more sense that Yuliya. She even has a support with Shiida in New Mystery. I guess they care that Yuliya was one of the highest voted Archanea characters not in the game. Though, looking at the data she's a bit behind on that title. She had a glow up in 2023 hitting almost 400 votes, but was less than 150 this year meaning Xane, Etzel and Midia were all ahead of her. Huh, I guess that might indicate how far in advance they plan these banners...or they don't care about anyone who gets less than a thousand votes because it's not a good metric on their sales viability and Yuliya is here for no specific reason at all.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

or they don't care about anyone who gets less than a thousand votes because it's not a good metric on their sales viability and Yuliya is here for no specific reason at all.

As a reminder, Desaix is still not in the game despite all of the hype for him getting 791 votes in CYL 7.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

As a reminder, Desaix is still not in the game despite all of the hype for him getting 791 votes in CYL 7.

Well, to be fair, he's only had one opportunity since January 2023, that being the October banner last year. And that banner was kind of controversial in its result of only adding a singular playable character. I don't think Desaix took priority over their desire for rearmed (or ascended or atuned or whatever she was) Sonya who  made Marla and Hestia a natural fit for the free units. If they did choose Desaix for the GHB unit there then who would have been the free unit to make the banner have at least four non OCs? Slayde? Desaix, Slayde, Mycen and rearmed Alm? Might have worked, but too much of a sausagefest for this series. So they went with witches. I'm rambling a bit, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, Shadows of Valentia is at the the bottom of its barrel characterwise, so we're going to see some odd decisions from banners in general for it (and Sacred Stones and Awakening). If Rudolf or Jeddah manage to get in above Desaix in the next Shadows of Valentia banner then that'd be pretty definitive proof that they really just don't care about any CYL results, which despite be defending Desaix's exclusion here, I do kind of believe. The only thing really remarkable about Desaix is that they officially commented on it in some fashion, and considering he fell right back to his sub100 position this year, it's clear he was only memed there, so they know he's not really popular, and while memes are a powerful thing, if you want to capitalize on them you have to be current.

....I think I said something coherent there, at least briefly.

17 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I’m going to give that suggestion a hard “hell no”. Give that role to Demonic Beast Dedue (you know, a guy with no alts at all) instead if we really need an arcane weapon for armored beasts. Edelgard, for her part, can get a busted kid alt instead and like it.

Even with Nidhoggr being revealed to be a beast armor, that will increase the number of armored beasts in FEH to a grand total of……four. With that in mind, do we really want IS to waste a Rearmed Hero on armored beasts?

I'd like to get Demonic Beast Dedue, but I doubt he'd be a Rearmed Hero. And we need more armored beasts in general. Nidhoggr makes for our first non-colorless one, but we're still missing blue and green. It does seem likely for Nidhoggr to get additional versions, though, which will probably stay armored beasts.

Admittedly, all Nidhoggrs released will be a ways off, and probably uninterested in an Arcane weapon released before them. Still, I personally don't think of either Rearmed Hero slots or Fallen Hero slots as particularly precious resources. We have pretty much all the relevant kinds of conventional Arcane weapons, after all.

I don't think the game liked me talking about Yuliya...

Use my free summon, summoning circle has no Blue or Green orbs. Okay, summon from Colorless, maybe I'll get Arlen. NOPE. 5☆ Yuliya.

Okay...let's try again with the free ticket! Hmm, no Blue or Green again. Reluctantly, I go with Colorless again...aaaaaand get a second 5☆ Yuliya.

I'm sorry, Heroes. Truly.

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Desaix by all accounts should’ve been the GHB that accompanied CYL7, but IS just couldn’t resist promoting Fodlan so we got Cyril instead.

Oh and because we got Cyril (who happens to also be a red bow infantry with Sudden Panic) there, Castor is rendered extra pointless as this banner’s GHB.

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

And that banner was kind of controversial in its result of only adding a singular playable character.

I mean, there are only two other playable characters from Valentia (Jesse and Nomah) who aren’t in FEH at all.

I imagine that IS held those two back (as well Deen, who is an alt only character) to try and see if they can squeeze one more banner out of Valentia.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I imagine that IS held those two back (as well Deen, who is an alt only character) to try and see if they can squeeze one more banner out of Valentia.

Well, true, obviously true, but that's kind of the issue. It was blatantly transparent.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Desaix by all accounts should’ve been the GHB that accompanied CYL7, but IS just couldn’t resist promoting Fodlan so we got Cyril instead.

I didn't think of he CYL GHB, but, yeah, you're totally right, it should have been Desaix. Especially since Shadows of Valentia has so few playable characters left and so many bosses that deserve to be in, Desaix, Slayde, Grieth, Nuibaba, Rudolf and Jeddah are all pretty major villains, especially the last two.

Edited by Jotari

I wonder if IS will distribute the Asset versions of Pegasus Trio between FE1 and 2, or keep it consistent and put them all under the same game.

20 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I wonder if IS will distribute the Asset versions of Pegasus Trio between FE1 and 2, or keep it consistent and put them all under the same game.

Neither! Throw us the curve ball; make them BS Saga representatives with designs inspired by their BS palette.

Banner 1: Portrait_est_febs.pngPortrait_malice_febs.pngPortrait_dice_febs.pngPortrait_boah_febs.png GHB:Portrait_vaam_febs.png

Banner 2:Portrait_catria_febs.pngPortrait_midia_febs.pngPortrait_dolph_febs.pngPortrait_macellan_febs.png GHB:Portrait_gouber_febs.png

Banner 3:Portrait_minerva_febs.pngPortrait_frost_febs.pngPortrait_hardin_febs.pngPortrait_tomas_febs.png GHB:Portrait_ruben_febs.png

Banner 4:Portrait_nyna_febs.pngPortrait_reiden_febs.pngPortrait_belf_febs.pngPortrait_roberto_febs.png GHB:Portrait_frost_febs.png

Palla didn't get a BS Portrait, so no special version for her. Instead we get Nyna and Minerva (possibly Hardin too).

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Surely Dolph and Macellan should be a Duo Hero.

Duos are only available for seasonal I'm afraid.  I wish they'd broken that taboo and give us Marla and Hestia as a Duo, that would have made them a lot more noteworthy.

18 hours ago, Jotari said:

Neither! Throw us the curve ball; make them BS Saga representatives with designs inspired by their BS palette.

Banner 1: Portrait_est_febs.pngPortrait_malice_febs.pngPortrait_dice_febs.pngPortrait_boah_febs.png GHB:Portrait_vaam_febs.png

Banner 2:Portrait_catria_febs.pngPortrait_midia_febs.pngPortrait_dolph_febs.pngPortrait_macellan_febs.png GHB:Portrait_gouber_febs.png

Banner 3:Portrait_minerva_febs.pngPortrait_frost_febs.pngPortrait_hardin_febs.pngPortrait_tomas_febs.png GHB:Portrait_ruben_febs.png

Banner 4:Portrait_nyna_febs.pngPortrait_reiden_febs.pngPortrait_belf_febs.pngPortrait_roberto_febs.png GHB:Portrait_frost_febs.png

Palla didn't get a BS Portrait, so no special version for her. Instead we get Nyna and Minerva (possibly Hardin too).

Man, I love the BS portraits so much... (Not relevant to the thread, just had to say this).

18 hours ago, Jotari said:

Duos are only available for seasonal I'm afraid.  I wish they'd broken that taboo and give us Marla and Hestia as a Duo, that would have made them a lot more noteworthy.

Wasn't that Ephraim+Lyon duo a non seasonal? I mean, I know it's the standard now for duos to be seasonal only but I wouldn't mind if they did another like that one. Speaking of things they don't tend to do anymore, there should be more duos with more than two people like the Pegasus sisters one.

17 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

You know I really wouldn't be surprised if the Pegasus sisters and Minerva are next in line for an alt on an Archanea New Heroes banner. Especially Catria.

Absolutely. I can't see anyone else except for Nyna (and maaaaaaaaybe Marth, probably not, but since Celica got an Ascended I guess it's at least a possibility) being the Asset Heroes in Archanea banners, it'll surely be a flood of Pegasus sisters on the next few ones (I wanna see if they'll ever do two of them on the same banner).

On 3/15/2024 at 11:57 PM, Jotari said:

Not random enough. Seeker should have been on one of those banners! Honestly I can't think of any obscure characters on that one. It was all the usual fair of popular characters and Heroes OCs. Dart or Lifis are probably the least popular character on it, but they're both playable characters so they're expected to be in the game at some point, unlike Kilma or Greil. If they really wanted to make the pirate banner introduce characters who otherwise wouldn't have a chance then there's a litany of pirate bosses that could serve. Probably best of all Gazzak as there's some notoriety in being the first boss in the entire series. Fargus also would have worked very well on the pirate banner, which would have opened up a spot on the later Blazing Blade banner.

Oh yeah, from the top of my head there were more randos on the pirate banner, I recalled Tanya and Dagdar being on it too but upon reflection, Tanya is just her OG self and Dagdar isn't even on the game at all, lol. I'd consider Geese a bit of a random too though (I mean, he's not an ugly old dude but still not the kind of guy I'd think would get an alt), and most definitively Darros too (I'm not sure how popular or not he is, just know that at least not popular enough for me to have ever heard of him besides that banner, and I know most playable characters on the series at least by name or face save for the Engage crowd so when I never heard of someone I assume they're a bit unpopular), and Surtr is someone I wasn't expecting to get an alt by then at all... But yeah, since they're all playable characters I guess we could always go more underdog than this, still it was one of the seasonal themes that gave more space to less popular (playable) characters.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

2 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Wasn't that Ephraim+Lyon duo a non seasonal? I mean, I know it's the standard now for duos to be seasonal only but I wouldn't mind if they did another like that one. Speaking of things they don't tend to do anymore, there should be more duos with more than two people like the Pegasus sisters one.

Yes, our very first duo was a banner unit, and it's all been downhill since then.

2 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Absolutely. I can't see anyone else except for Nyna (and maaaaaaaaybe Marth, probably not, but since Celica got an Ascended I guess it's at least a possibility) being the Asset Heroes in Archanea banners, it'll surely be a flood of Pegasus sisters on the next few ones (I wanna see if they'll ever do two of them on the same banner).

If anything I'd say Archanea has more potential for special hero types than Valentia. Aside from Marth and Nyna, there's also Minerva, Hardin, Gotoh, Xane (could work particularly well for him, though they probably won't do something like that for a base unit outside of Engage), Michalis, Camus, Linde etc. There's a lot more independently important Archanea characters than Valentia characters, which tends a bit more to be the Alm and Celica show. The one asset (general use, not asset hero) that SoV has is The over classes, which they don't seem interested in using.

5 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I think Archanea has other options. Marth, Nyna, Minerva, and Linde, mainly. But, I feel like they'll use all three pegasus sisters before any of them, except for maybe Marth.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I think Archanea has other options. Marth, Nyna, Minerva, and Linde, mainly. But, I feel like they'll use all three pegasus sisters before any of them, except for maybe Marth.

Oh, yes, I meant besides the pegasus sisters and Minerva -and maybe Marth (+ the ones we just got: Merric and Caeda, but that goes without saying now)- I couldn't think of anyone else. Didn't consider Linde, but she's another obvious option.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

If anything I'd say Archanea has more potential for special hero types than Valentia. Aside from Marth and Nyna, there's also Minerva, Hardin, Gotoh, Xane (could work particularly well for him, though they probably won't do something like that for a base unit outside of Engage), Michalis, Camus, Linde etc. There's a lot more independently important Archanea characters than Valentia characters, which tends a bit more to be the Alm and Celica show. The one asset (general use, not asset hero) that SoV has is The over classes, which they don't seem interested in using.

Oh, Hardin, Camus, Michaelis, Gotoh and Xane are good ones too, though less obvious (but I generally prefer the less obvious ones, AND I like all of these characters, so I'd never complain, would be specially happy with Camus or Xane). In Xane's case, it doesn't have to be his base version, I think that if they released his base version first and it was popular enough, they could put him as the Asseet Hero on another New Heroes banner later for cash grabbing like Reinhardt or Sonya but that'd gonna take at least two Archanea NH banners so... At least two years. Also, guess I never considered that they only did base Rearmed versions for Engage characters, I was seeing the 3 Hopes alts (like Hilda and Ingrid) as sort of a second base version (like those random characters that had two base versions like Olivia, Reinhardt, Olwen, the Ephraim+Lyon duo), but guess that if we don't count these and some OCs then yeah, it was only the Engage guys... Guess I can probably stop waiting for some other base Rearmed versions lol.

Well, I was worried about what they were gonna do about the rest of Archanea's cast but I guess they could make some more banners do just fine by using all these characters to carry them, even when we run out of women.

On 3/17/2024 at 6:19 PM, Jotari said:

Yes, our very first duo was a banner unit, and it's all been downhill since then.

Ephraim+Lyon was the second duo (Nov 2020), Hector+Lilina were a month before (Oct 2020).

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Ephraim+Lyon was the second duo (Nov 2020), Hector+Lilina were a month before (Oct 2020).

Curses. Foiled again.

I ended up getting both Ascended Merric and Attuned Caeda, so I'm gonna call that a successful banner for me and stop spending orbs on it. Luckily, I didn't spend too many and still have a decent pile, but I still spent a little more than I meant to. But, hey, Caeda and Merric are two characters I actually really like, and for Merric specifically this is the first version he's gotten where I feel he was really worth it to spend some favoritism orbs on.