Pre Banner Discussion Thread: Bridal Banner 2024

5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

The character on the left is clearly, um, male.

And then it turns out to be Lute XD

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I see Embla and Alcryst which means my orb saving goes out the window because I need all alcryst versions since he is one of my favorites. On the other hand maybe this means they are going back to having some verity in games on this banner again which makes me very happy.  

For those keeping score, Harvest Duma & Mila are still the latest Special Hero for Valentia. They were released in October 2022.

It has been more than two years (March 2022) since Valentia was last featured on a Harmonized Hero (Spring Sonya & Tharja). In the time since March 2022, Awakening has been featured on at least four more Harmonized Heroes (and Cordelia was featured on two of those).

Oh! Just saw the silhouettes! Knowing that the "lord + harem occupying the whole banner" thing isn't happening this year is the biggest delight!

Embla definitively looks like the opposite of the theme, but that for me counts as matching the theme somehow since they like to put an "odd one out" character (like Nifl on the sumner banner, etc). I quite like the idea of having her here, actually, also for some reason I have the impression that they'll give her a nice dress, and the big veil is looking nice for now too (speaking of the veil, it's silhouette is grey/transparent instead of black, had they ever done that? Also, if it were black, it'd have been harder to guess that it's Embla since we'd only be able to see two parts of the halo behind her back, making it possibly look like a big and thin hair bow).

The other one is definitively Alcryst, with that ruffled tall collar. Thought it was Alfonse for a sec but nope.

The unit on the right tends to normally be the TT+, right? Not sure if I'm remembering it right, but if I am then Embla is the free unit! Hell yeah!

Well, good that I didn't spend orbs on the Fallen Banner yet, I'll wait until the trailer to see if I spend them there or here, if this banner ends up being too good I'll just take Nergal from there and call it a day on the Fallen Banner.

16 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I wonder if this means we'll get Groom Askr, too. Not entirely sure how they'll theme this one character-picking-wise. Elm+Ash as a ring bearer and flower girl would be adorable.

I'd really like that, probably not all of the three at once, but one or two this year would be very welcome (also, something that will never happen but would make me consider spending actual money on the game: Bride Hel, having a gorgeous black dress and disagreeing with everyone that your wedding day will be more important than your funeral, and having lines about "till death do us part" (as in, how it'll be herself to separate every couple there, since she's The Death)).

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

And then it turns out to be Lute XD

I can't figure that to be Lute even if I wanted, the hair seems too short, but now you almost made me want it ("almost" cause I don't want her getting a fourth version while most FE8 characters -AKA pretty much everyone that is not the royals, Selena or Lute herself- don't have more than one), she'd look great on a fancy tux. Speaking of that, the day they do a woman on a nice tux on this banner I'll die of happines (as much as I like the banner for the dresses, some more women looking as sharp as V!Effie are always welcome).

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

It be really funny if Embla and Alcryst turn out to be the duo hero. 

LOL! It'd definitively be! Embla would have to be the lead since she has been a backpack for NY Askr already.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

For those keeping score, Harvest Duma & Mila are still the latest Special Hero for Valentia. They were released in October 2022.

Fuck, it has been THAT long?! I'm pissed at the SoV shafting too... I'll choose to be delusional until the trailer drops and hope they put someone from SoV here.

24 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Fuck, it has been THAT long?! I'm pissed at the SoV shafting too... I'll choose to be delusional until the trailer drops and hope they put someone from SoV here.

Yeah, and SoV has only showed up in two Harmonized Heroes. Cordelia, Altina, and Y!Tiki have the same number (2) of Harmonized Heroes as an entire FE entry.

If the tea theme is kept for the August 2024 Special Heroes banner and the Harmonized Hero there is anything but Celica (preferably actual Celica rather than Emblem Celica) and Celine, then I’ll have to conclude that IS loves making wrong choices.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

It has been more than two years (March 2022) since Valentia was last featured on a Harmonized Hero (Spring Sonya & Tharja). In the time since March 2022, Awakening has been featured on at least four more Harmonized Heroes (and Cordelia was featured on two of those).

That statistic makes me even sadder. SoV deserves better.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and SoV has only showed up in two Harmonized Heroes. Cordelia, Altina, and Y!Tiki have the same number (2) of Harmonized Heroes as an entire FE entry.

If the tea theme is kept for the August 2024 Special Heroes banner and the Harmonized Hero there is anything but Celica (preferably actual Celica rather than Emblem Celica) and Celine, then I’ll have to conclude that IS loves making wrong choices.

Oh I've been convinced IS loves making wrong choices for a long time now, haha.

3 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I can't figure that to be Lute even if I wanted, the hair seems too short, but now you almost made me want it ("almost" cause I don't want her getting a fourth version while most FE8 characters -AKA pretty much everyone that is not the royals, Selena or Lute herself- don't have more than one), she'd look great on a fancy tux. Speaking of that, the day they do a woman on a nice tux on this banner I'll die of happines (as much as I like the banner for the dresses, some more women looking as sharp as V!Effie are always welcome).

Of all the hundreds upon hundreds of Fire Emblem girls, I'm struggling to think of one that would look better in a tux than Lute. Maybe female Byleth could pull it off.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

Of all the hundreds upon hundreds of Fire Emblem girls, I'm struggling to think of one that would look better in a tux than Lute. Maybe female Byleth could pull it off.

Definitively Shamir and Thórr.

* there's even this art that Maeshima Shigeki did (on an anniversary I think) of Thórr and Loki and it has Loki using a suit (also, it's interesting how the Loki/Thórr duo takes from this art).

But Lute is definitively up there on the top. Others that might compete with her too are Dorothea, Kagero, Petra, Adean (don't know why I have this idea, but she'd look great), Titania and F!Byleth. And Effie, but she already got a tux alt.

Also, one that I'd have never thought by myself but Say'ri, I saw a pretty nice "art" (between "s cause it was an AI generated thing) yesterday and she looked way better than I'd have figured, looks specially badass too cause she reminds me a bit of Chrollo from HxH when he's using a suit.

12 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Oh I've been convinced IS loves making wrong choices for a long time now, haha.

The only right answer.

22 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I would have liked a bridal Vaida scaring off every potential groom.

Since did Embla as something a bit like this (a scary person that detests love and doesn't wanna be there) I think there might be a chance for Vaida to get a similar role someday, I'd like to see it too.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so obviously, this year's bride banner is already going. However, I had a thought and realized that this seasonal theme is the perfect place for a dream unit of mine. Here's what it would be on this banner: Bride Florina (FE7) + Groom Lon'qu (Awakening) as a (uuuhhhh not duo -- the duo unit where they're from 2 separate games. I always have a hard time remembering this unit type's name for some reason.) This is exactly because she's afraid of men and he's afraid of women. It's perfect for a (fake/"we're playing pretend"/"it's just a festival") wedding banner. 😛

Also, after the TT+ for this banner, I'm really hoping we get Groom Askr and/or a duo of Ash and Elm next year. Askr seemed really into it, and Elm was crying he was so happy for his mom. Plus, Askr was all "Ash will be here soon too!" but she didn't actually show up. So, I wonder if that was meant to hint that she'll be on the banner next year.

In other news, I'm still trying to summon Bride Embla.

7 hours ago, Mercakete said:

(uuuhhhh not duo -- the duo unit where they're from 2 separate games. I always have a hard time remembering this unit type's name for some reason.) 

Harmonic.

8 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Okay, so obviously, this year's bride banner is already going. However, I had a thought and realized that this seasonal theme is the perfect place for a dream unit of mine. Here's what it would be on this banner: Bride Florina (FE7) + Groom Lon'qu (Awakening) as a (uuuhhhh not duo -- the duo unit where they're from 2 separate games. I always have a hard time remembering this unit type's name for some reason.) This is exactly because she's afraid of men and he's afraid of women. It's perfect for a (fake/"we're playing pretend"/"it's just a festival") wedding banner. 😛

Also, after the TT+ for this banner, I'm really hoping we get Groom Askr and/or a duo of Ash and Elm next year. Askr seemed really into it, and Elm was crying he was so happy for his mom. Plus, Askr was all "Ash will be here soon too!" but she didn't actually show up. So, I wonder if that was meant to hint that she'll be on the banner next year.

In other news, I'm still trying to summon Bride Embla.

Oooooooh, now I really want a Florina+Lon'qu harmonic, it'd be hella funny and potentially kinda sweet, I can only imagine what the duo conversation would be like.

I really want groom Ash and Elm too, unfortunately they tend to not put characters that were "teased" to be on specific banners (like bride Leanne (and Naesala, if I remember correctly), I think the Nifl/Muspell siblings mentioned that they were all going to be together on New Year and yet Ylgr didn't get a NY alt, same with Valentines Sharena, pirate Leanne and Reyson, Chad was mentioned to have come along with Cath to the thieves festival on her meet the heroes page, possibly a lot more examples (and some "teases" were more explicitly than others)), so I think it doesn't necessarily serves as a hint that they'll get a bridal alt (specially Elm since he did show up at the end of the TT), but I'd kill for it.

I for one didn't even start summoning on the banner yet, I want 2 or 3 (or possibly all the 4) units but after I realized that there's a chance of Nidhoggr or Hreaesvelg showing up on the next New Heroes banner (since Heidr showed up on last year's june New Heroes banner) I had to force myself to wait for the next trailer to avaliate how many units I'll be able to aim for here without running out of orbs. Good luck with getting Embla!

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Harmonic.

Yeah, that. Thanks. Man, despite how much sense the name makes, for some reason, I just have an absolute time of it trying to remember it. Any time you see me posting that unit type's name, there's a 90% chance it took me half an hour or something of wracking my brain to remember it.

38 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Oooooooh, now I really want a Florina+Lon'qu harmonic, it'd be hella funny and potentially kinda sweet, I can only imagine what the duo conversation would be like.

I could make a mockup if you'd like.

I really want groom Ash and Elm too, unfortunately they tend to not put characters that were "teased" to be on specific banners (like bride Leanne (and Naesala, if I remember correctly), I think the Nifl/Muspell siblings mentioned that they were all going to be together on New Year and yet Ylgr didn't get a NY alt, same with Valentines Sharena, pirate Leanne and Reyson, Chad was mentioned to have come along with Cath to the thieves festival on her meet the heroes page, possibly a lot more examples (and some "teases" were more explicitly than others)), so I think it doesn't necessarily serves as a hint that they'll get a bridal alt (specially Elm since he did show up at the end of the TT), but I'd kill for it.

I for one didn't even start summoning on the banner yet, I want 2 or 3 (or possibly all the 4) units but after I realized that there's a chance of Nidhoggr or Hreaesvelg showing up on the next New Heroes banner (since Heidr showed up on last year's june New Heroes banner) I had to force myself to wait for the next trailer to avaliate how many units I'll be able to aim for here without running out of orbs. Good luck with getting Embla!

Hehe - "Groom Ash?" Hm. Actually, she'd look good in a white tux, though I don't think IS is going to do that.

Anyway, I mentioned it before, but those two as a duo bring a bring bearer and a flower girl would be adorable. That said, I think we'll be getting cow bride next year, even if her dad and stepbrother don't show up. (But I'd love it if Askr was all "now I'm dressed as a groom so that you won't feel out of place, Embla! 😄 ...? You're blushing a lot more than you were before. Did I somehow make you feel even more awkward?" And Embla just stammering and "totally not having a crush on Askr" and being a flustered tsundere.

Also, thanks for the luck! Managed to pull Embla. Now she's undergoing training alongside Pirate Tibarn (who I forgot I had) so I can throw her onto a team with New Years Elm and her regular self. Now I just need another Elm of some sort and I can have an all-bat team. :3 (For now, I'll just let Reyson sing to the bats. It'll be a bit like reverse-Stellaluna.)

On 6/1/2024 at 4:09 AM, Mercakete said:

I could make a mockup if you'd like.

Hehe - "Groom Ash?" Hm. Actually, she'd look good in a white tux, though I don't think IS is going to do that.

Anyway, I mentioned it before, but those two as a duo bring a bring bearer and a flower girl would be adorable. That said, I think we'll be getting cow bride next year, even if her dad and stepbrother don't show up. (But I'd love it if Askr was all "now I'm dressed as a groom so that you won't feel out of place, Embla! 😄 ...? You're blushing a lot more than you were before. Did I somehow make you feel even more awkward?" And Embla just stammering and "totally not having a crush on Askr" and being a flustered tsundere.

Also, thanks for the luck! Managed to pull Embla. Now she's undergoing training alongside Pirate Tibarn (who I forgot I had) so I can throw her onto a team with New Years Elm and her regular self. Now I just need another Elm of some sort and I can have an all-bat team. :3 (For now, I'll just let Reyson sing to the bats. It'll be a bit like reverse-Stellaluna.)

Oh, a mockup would be nice! I already saw some of these dialogues you write (like the support convos), they're pretty good!

Ah yeah I said it wrong! I had wrote "groom Askr" in the beggining by mistake and when I saw, I just switched Askr's name for Ash's and forgot to change the "groom" part lol. She'd look really good on a tux, yeah! In some other thread I mentioned some women that'd look on tuxes and somehow Ash didn't even cross my head.

I wish we can get the rest of the Askr-Embla bunch too! It'd be pretty cool! (Or other bitter villains/people too, and I already mentioned wanting bride Hel- even if she's not that bitter, just dismissive- and I'll keep wanting it!)

Oh, nice that you got her! Im gonna start summoning on the banner just right now since I know I'm not gonna use many orbs on the current NH banner (Also not to look ignorant but what is a reverse-Stellaluna?).

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Also not to look ignorant but what is a reverse-Stellaluna?

"Stellaluna" is the name of the main character of a children's book of the same name. It's about a bat who spends a bit of time growing up as a bird before realizing that she's a bat and that it's okay that she's not like the birds who took her in. (There's a little bit more to it than that, but I figured I'd just leave it there.) So, by "reverse-Stellaluna," I meant that it was several bats and 1 bird instead of 1 bat and several birds. 🙂

Oh, nice that you got her! Im gonna start summoning on the banner just right now since I know I'm not gonna use many orbs on the current NH banner

Good luck!

Oh, a mockup would be nice! I already saw some of these dialogues you write (like the support convos), they're pretty good!

I'm glad you think so; thanks for the compliment! I'm a bit tired right now and I'm not feeling very inspired toward this project at the moment, so I'll try to get to it when conditions are more favorable. ^_^ In the meantime, I'm pretty sure I wrote up a fake support conversation between those two, so you can read that to tide you over if you'd like. I may reread it myself when I start hunting for inspiration for this little back-and-forth I intend to write.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

"Stellaluna" is the name of the main character of a children's book of the same name. It's about a bat who spends a bit of time growing up as a bird before realizing that she's a bat and that it's okay that she's not like the birds who took her in. (There's a little bit more to it than that, but I figured I'd just leave it there.) So, by "reverse-Stellaluna," I meant that it was several bats and 1 bird instead of 1 bat and several birds. 🙂

Good luck!

I'm glad you think so; thanks for the compliment! I'm a bit tired right now and I'm not feeling very inspired toward this project at the moment, so I'll try to get to it when conditions are more favorable. ^_^ In the meantime, I'm pretty sure I wrote up a fake support conversation between those two, so you can read that to tide you over if you'd like. I may reread it myself when I start hunting for inspiration for this little back-and-forth I intend to write.

Oh! For some reason I was thinking you meant some sort of team strategy involving Astra and Luna users lol (I associated Stella with Astra cause they're both words related to stars and my brain just didn't remind me that that's not what astra is called). Never heard of the book before.

Thanks for the luck!

No probs, I know well how hard it is to write something while not inspired for it (and sometimes in ends up being sorta bad because of the lack of inspiration, even, at least when I do it it does), if you do end up doing it someday, I intend to read it. I'll read this fake support conversation you wrote, I think I already came across it but didn't end up reading it a the time, but now that you mentioned it I think I remember it existed.