Highest Profile Character not in the game?

Posted (edited)

Yay, Nergal is finally in the game. And while we've been waiting years for him to get in, the likes of Anankos, Medeus and even Veld managed to get in as well. That means all of the major villains and protagonists are in the game. Well, aside from Sombron due to the recency factor, but, ignoring Engage, who is the highest profile character not in the game? Which is a bit more neutral a way of phrasing it as who deserves to be in the most that isn't already.

Personally, I think there's an Athos shaped hole in the cast that they'll have to fill eventually. Raydrik and Jeddah are also pretty much the co antagonist of their games, even if they're not main villains like Nergal. And lastly, while it's a different style or importance, Malledus, and to a lesser extent Dorias, are characters with major speaking roles in their game that deserve to be in since August demonstrated there is a place for the unplayable advisor characters.

What about you? Who do you think is the most important character not in the game?

Edited by Jotari

Posted (edited)

Some of the highest profile ones I can think from the top of my head are Ephidel, Emperor Arvis (assuming they'll ever do this), Oifrey, Jhan, Lundgren (who is so unimportant for FE7 as a whole that may never come, but since he's Lyn mode's big bad I'd like to have him) and The Fire Dragon (which, again, might never come too since he's on the complicated situation of being a generic type of villain on FE6 and also doesn't have a human form). Also even though they're technically playable, I want OG Bruno/Zacharias and Fafnir, not random shitty and silly seasonal alt #3 (or at least a good and non silly alt).

I might have missed some more obvious examples but I didn't feel like going back to my wishlist on the Serenes Most Wanted Characters threads to remember, any obvious one I missed will be said by someone else anyway.

EDIT: Answering the question, If I had to pick THE MOST important one left, aside from the ones you said and from the ones that are in the game in some form already (like Arvis and Fafnir), I think It's arguibly Jhan, even if he only shows up at the end, he is in cahoots with Zephiel and helped him all along and is not just an underling like Ephidel, he's pretty much the co antagonist along Zephiel.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

I'm surprised you didn't mention Manfroy as he is arguably a bigger deal than fellow clones of Gharnef just on the basis of everything he does in both gens. Lekain and Thales are also important villains but not on the level of Manfroy.

On the heroic side of things Linoan, Scarlet, Lorenz (Archanea), Nasir and Skrimir are notable because there is a bit of focus put on them in the plot of their games unlike 90% of the remaining playables still missing.

Like, I love Vaike as much as the next fan but the plot doesn't give him any focus or importance.

And of course Engage has quite a few still missing who are important to the plot of either the main game, or the DLC, but that's a given and isn't going to be the case for long.

Give he's the villain of the new game Sombron is a high profile gap in the roster. On the topic of villains I'd also say Lekain since he's essentially the main antagonist for much of RD, and the one to which everything can ultimately be traced back to.

Then we have Boyd. Outside of the ''main'' Greil mercenaries he's arguably among the more important ones. No I don't think the baby version counts. 

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

I'm surprised you didn't mention Manfroy as he is arguably a bigger deal than fellow clones of Gharnef just on the basis of everything he does in both gens. Lekain and Thales are also important villains but not on the level of Manfroy.

On the heroic side of things Linoan, Scarlet, Lorenz (Archanea), Nasir and Skrimir are notable because there is a bit of focus put on them in the plot of their games unlike 90% of the remaining playables still missing.

Like, I love Vaike as much as the next fan but the plot doesn't give him any focus or importance.

And of course Engage has quite a few still missing who are important to the plot of either the main game, or the DLC, but that's a given and isn't going to be the case for long.

I would actually put Lekain on par with Manfroy. They are pretty significant influences on both their games.

4 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Oh yeah!  I somehow remembered Manfroy being on the game already... Man I wonder how longer it'll take to add him.

Among the Gharnefs Manfroy stands out for his success but one of his problems is that he’s more of a plot device than an actual character, more a representative of the cult than a character in his own right.

In terms of character design, personality and gameplay there’s nothing separating him from the other generic dark mages in the game.

I think Athos and Jedah are currently the largest holes we have in the roster, but after that, I think Kishuna is the next most deserving.

Also, Marcus is somehow still not in the game.

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think Athos and Jedah are currently the largest holes we have in the roster, but after that, I think Kishuna is the next most deserving.

Also, Marcus is somehow still not in the game.

Oh yeah... Marcus! I wonder if they'll pick his FE6 or FE7 self.

Man, I always wanted Kishuna, I keep thinking about how they could implement that anti magic barrier, It'd be so cool (now watch they ignore all of the cool ways to do it and just give him high res and maybe DR if his res is higher than foe's)

15 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Among the Gharnefs Manfroy stands out for his success but one of his problems is that he’s more of a plot device than an actual character, more a representative of the cult than a character in his own right.

In terms of character design, personality and gameplay there’s nothing separating him from the other generic dark mages in the game.

Ephidel is also a villain who is 100% a plot device and just one of Nergal's morphs (and we don't even get to fight him even though he was the most present black fang member and morph for half of the game). Even still, I think he is among the ones that notably deserve an alt and Manfroy probably deserves it more than him (although of course, neither he or Manfroy are THE one most derserving). I think Manfroy's design is different enough for them to do something cool with it.

Others that while not THE most deserving, absolutely stick out as missing from the game (list also from the top of my head, so expect obvious important people to be missing and probably an unbalance on the titles mentioned):

- Villains with a sorta important role/notable villains: Chagall, Aida, Darin.

- The very-early-game gang  : Aideen, Midayle, Alec, Marcus both in FE6 and FE7, Franz, OG Boyd, maybe Lowen,... (Not gonna mention the very-early-game gang for FE6 cause most of them are not even very liked so is not such as outrage for most of them to not be in as it was for character like Will, Sain, Kent, Vanessa or Azel to take so long to add, or as it is for the characters mentioned here to still not be in).

- Notably important characters: Oifrey, Elfin/Elphin.

58 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

- The very-early-game gang  : Aideen, Midayle, Alec, Marcus both in FE6 and FE7, Franz, OG Boyd, maybe Lowen,... (Not gonna mention the very-early-game gang for FE6 cause most of them are not even very liked so is not such as outrage for most of them to not be in as it was for character like Will, Sain, Kent, Vanessa or Azel to take so long to add, or as it is for the characters mentioned here to still not be in).

+the entire Dawn Brigade who aren't named Sothe or Micaiah.

58 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

- Notably important characters: Oifrey, Elfin/Elphin.

There's definitely an argument for Elphin being among the most deserving.

Athos for sure is a surprise not being in the game imo. 

Another one that come to mind is Thales, from Three Houses.

On 5/12/2024 at 5:32 AM, ARMADS!!! said:

I want OG Bruno/Zacharias

They even gave Bruno a new updated weapon in Book 6, but still no playable OG Bruno.

21 hours ago, Jotari said:

+the entire Dawn Brigade who aren't named Sothe or Micaiah.

There's definitely an argument for Elphin being among the most deserving.

Oh, yeah, I always forget about the Dawn Brigade since I'm not 100% familiar with a bunch of the Tellius cast.

Elphin is definitively among the most notable ones, being a lore important character, having a role akin to Joshua and Lewyn and still being ignored somehow until now, and being a specially valuable playable unit as your refresher (even if you can opt between and Lalum, he's mentioned on the story regardless). Speaking of this, with the exception of Laylea (that is a substitute gen 2 character, so it's more justifiably ignored), Elphin is the only refresher in the series to not be playable in Heroes in any way yet (since Seadall and Rafiel have seasonals).

16 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

They even gave Bruno a new updated weapon in Book 6, but still no playable OG Bruno.

Yeah, I noticed! At the time I was actually convinced that the new weapon meant that he was gonna become playable whenever he died or the book ended... But then he didn't. Although to be fair, Veronica got a new weapon too when we fight her um book VI (still doesn't make me any less pissed about Bruno not being summonable).

Fafnir at least might get his OG self as a Mythic this year since It's gonna be Book V's TT + (like how Freyr got his OG alt last year) or his fallen form someday, but Bruno may never get his OG version and I'm not sure if he's popular enough to get a 3rd seasonal...

Elphin for sure and FEH ignoring him while giving Larum 2 versions has made me go from not caring about her at all to hating her with a burning passion.  

On 5/14/2024 at 6:21 AM, EricaofRenais said:

Elphin for sure and FEH ignoring him while giving Larum 2 versions has made me go from not caring about her at all to hating her with a burning passion.  

To be fair that whole banner (the bridal one with Lalum) was stupid in first place, I never thought that characters like Lalum, Cecilia and even Sophia were that popular to the point of a "Roy's harem" (AKA a whole banner around them) being even viable, they should've made the Roy+Eliwood duo, throwed Lilina there and then used the 3 remaining slots for characters from other titles that actually have something to do with the theme.

Not invalidating your feeling though, I went from not caring at all to hating a bunch of characters with a burning passion just because of extra alts too (specially when it causes an unfair or unbalanced situation like this).

And about Elphin, It's really bizarre that he doesn't have even a silly alt or anything while someone like Bartre has 2 versions too, cause unlike a bunch of the characters we're waiting for, he's a pretty dude and not an old(er) guy or anything, it definitively feels like they're withholding him on purpouse. Hope the wait pays off and they give him a premium refreshing skill and everything when his time comes (now watch they make him like they made Nyna).

11 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

To be fair that whole banner (the bridal one with Lalum) was stupid in first place, I never thought that characters like Lalum, Cecilia and even Sophia were that popular to the point of a "Roy's harem" (AKA a whole banner around them) being even viable, they should've made the Roy+Eliwood duo, throwed Lilina there and then used the 3 remaining slots for characters from other titles that actually have something to do with the theme.

Among Binding Blade's cast, Cecilia and Sophia were always two of the more popular characters. On the Binding Blade character popularity poll they ran back in the day, Cecilia finished 24th most popular out of 80 characters, and Sophia finished 10th out of 80.

13 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

To be fair, the theme is about Roy's in-game pairing options, as he's the only one with paired endings. As it's those four, Shanna (who already had a Bridal alt), and Sue (the one left out due to Eliwood being there I guess).

Personally, the only thing I find questionable is that Binding Blade already had a dedicated Bridal Banner (the one with Zelot, Juno and her sisters, and Saul; with Catria as the outlier), so why do a second one then?

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Among Binding Blade's cast, Cecilia and Sophia were always two of the more popular characters. On the Binding Blade character popularity poll they ran back in the day, Cecilia finished 24th most popular out of 80 characters, and Sophia finished 10th out of 80.

I knew Sophia was among the most popular of FE6 (that's why I said "even Sophia" after listing Cecilia and Lalum, but even then never figured she'd get two alts on a spam of 7 months, since she had just gotten her Halloween alt at the end of 2021) but didn't know Cecilia was too lol. In any case I find it a bit weird that they went with an all FE6 banner, putting characters that are not even related to the theme, instead of making it half FE6 and half anything else (I mean, it could even have been some FE7 cast since Eliwood was there), specially when we have so many characters that are WAY more popular and also related to the theme, but alas, IS likes to make bizarre decisions sometimes so guess there's no point for me to find the reason behind them.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To be fair, the theme is about Roy's in-game pairing options, as he's the only one with paired endings. As it's those four, Shanna (who already had a Bridal alt), and Sue (the one left out due to Eliwood being there I guess).

Personally, the only thing I find questionable is that Binding Blade already had a dedicated Bridal Banner (the one with Zelot, Juno and her sisters, and Saul; with Catria as the outlier), so why do a second one then?

That's what I found weird, why make a whole banner about Roy's paired endings when they could've put characters like Dorothea, Sylvain, Camilla (not that I'd like it but anyway), Hector or (if they didn't want a third groom on the banner and wanted just 2 titles) some FE7 characters (to match Eliwood) in instead? Also your point about it being the second FE6 bridal banner in a row was a good one too, I had forgotten it. I wonder if they were trying to make the bridal banner become a FE6 thing like how the summer banner is sorta 3 Houses and Heroes' thing or how the New Year banner is Heroes' thing (and has been Fates'), but then they decided to abandon the idea in 2023? It's the only explanation I can come up with.

Well, I guess I sorta get what was their idea (even if I still question it) but I stand by my Initial point that it was a stupid idea.

8 hours ago, Zelgius said:

He's not the most high profile, but I'm a little disappointed Oswin still isn't in game yet.

Oswin is definitively high profile enough to be notably missing even if he's not the most high profile one, he even stays around on the cutscenes even if he dies! If Marcus were FE7 only I'd put them on the same level of importance.

Out of curiosity, a list of missing FE7 characters by CYL8 ranking:

1. Athos
  2. Uther
  3. Oswin
  4. Roland
  5. Natalie
  6. Lowen
  7. Vaida
  8. Dart
  9. Geitz
  10. Renault
  11. Marcus
  12. Eleanora
  13. Ephidel
  14. Wallace
  15. Elbert
  16. Brendan
  17. Guinivere (FE7)
  18. Zephiel (FE7)
  19. Merlinus (FE7)
  20. Bartre (FE7)
  21. Durban
  22. Hellene
  23. Desmond
  24. Murdock (FE7)
  25. Lundgren

At this point, most of them are non-playable and/or already have FE6 versions, but the main ones could be distributed across three batches.

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

1. Athos
  2. Uther
  3. Oswin
  4. Roland
  5. Natalie
  6. Lowen
  7. Vaida
  8. Dart
  9. Geitz
  10. Renault
  11. Marcus
  12. Eleanora
  13. Ephidel
  14. Wallace
  15. Elbert
  16. Brendan
  17. Guinivere (FE7)
  18. Zephiel (FE7)
  19. Merlinus (FE7)
  20. Bartre (FE7)
  21. Durban
  22. Hellene
  23. Desmond
  24. Murdock (FE7)
  25. Lundgren

At this point, most of them are non-playable and/or already have FE6 versions, but the main ones could be distributed across three batches.

Or more if they start to become stingy with new characters when the roster starts to get smaller, they managed to only add new character on that Attuned Peony banner.

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

1. Athos
  2. Uther
  3. Oswin
  4. Roland
  5. Natalie
  6. Lowen
  7. Vaida
  8. Dart
  9. Geitz
  10. Renault
  11. Marcus
  12. Eleanora
  13. Ephidel
  14. Wallace
  15. Elbert
  16. Brendan
  17. Guinivere (FE7)
  18. Zephiel (FE7)
  19. Merlinus (FE7)
  20. Bartre (FE7)
  21. Durban
  22. Hellene
  23. Desmond
  24. Murdock (FE7)
  25. Lundgren

OH wow, Uther number 2. Good for him. Also seems a very big discrepancy between Roland and Durban even though they're equally non characters.

9 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Or more if they start to become stingy with new characters when the roster starts to get smaller, they managed to only add new character on that Attuned Peony banner.

1 new playable character. Sonya's sisters were also new additions.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

OH wow, Uther number 2. Good for him. Also seems a very big discrepancy between Roland and Durban even though they're equally non characters.

1 new playable character. Sonya's sisters were also new additions.

Yeah, I was surprised by Uther. I don't expect him to get on a New Heroes banner anytime soon, but maybe they'll toss him onto a seasonal.

And yeah, current standard New Heroes batches have four new characters while the recent FE2 batch had three.