Emblem Hero - Celica: Of Echoes

Fire Emblem Fan

I'm not really surprised that it's Celica, tbh. Just by the color choice alone, she was a pretty reasonable guess. This also probably means she's not getting a summer alt next month.

Also, thanks IS for conveniently bumping off everyone else in blue and green so that Caeda and Merric are rerunning on an 8% banner I can't afford to pull on ;/

She has both teleportation and Pass, which allows her to ignore effects that prevent teleportation. That will probably be really annoying to deal with.

I'm not quite sure who wants Resonance 4, though. It deals damage to yourself (6 damage at 50-54 max HP; any more over-caps the beneficial effects) in exchange for additional damage (maximum 12 damage) and percentage damage reduction nullification (maximum 60%). The damage boost is huge, but you lose out on any B-skill effect that you don't already have from your other skill slots because this skill's only beneficial effects are bigger damage numbers.

Additionally, the skill has negative synergy with Finish 4, which is typically the strongest option in the A slot for infantry that don't need the damage reduction from Remote Sparrow.

And here are the usual translation notes:

Celica's epithet, "Of Echoes", is "響きの紋章士" (hibiki no monshō-shi), "Emblem of Echoes". As usual, "紋章士" (monshō-shi) literally translates as "emblem warrior" and refers to Emblems from Engage.

Caring Magic is "慈愛の王女の魔力" (jiai no ōjo no maryoku), "Magic Power of the Princess of Affection".

Warp Ragnarok is "ワープライナ" (wāpu raina), "Warp Ragna". This has the same name in English and Japanese as Emblem Celica's Emblem Attack in Engage. "ライナ" (raina) comes from the name of the Ragnarok spell in Gaiden and Echoes, which is written "ライナロック" (rainarokku), often rendered in English as "Rainarok" to reflect its odd spelling and pronunciation.

Resonance is "共鳴の黒魔法" (kyōmei no kuro mahō), "Black Magic of Resonance". This has the same name in English and Japanese as Emblem Celica's Sync Skill in Engage. This is a reference to Black Magic in Gaiden and Echoes, which requires the use of HP to cast. The name of the skill can also be interpreted to mean "Black Magic from Echoes".

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Additionally, the skill has negative synergy with Finish 4, which is typically the strongest option in the A slot for infantry that don't need the damage reduction from Remote Sparrow.

One of the rare cases where a unit prefers the tier 3 version of a skill. I feel like we're due for the tier 4 branch off version of Finish soon after the release of Excel.

Well darn. I'm still trying to get Summer Nerpuz (and, if I can, another copy of Summer Hrid) and Valentine's Lyon+Eirika, and now I need to get Emblem Celica (though I also wouldn't mind nabbing an Ivy while I'm at it. Gotoh would be nice too.) Ugh, I don't have the orbs for this. XD

As far as I can tell, this is the first new use of the Pass effect since the launch of the game. It was only previously the Pass skill itself and unrefined Fujin Yumi.

This is not counting units like Tanya who came later with Pass, as it's still the same skill.

Looking back at Celica's kit, I wish NFU was baked into the weapon and she came with Incite Atk/Spd instead.  

I also just realized that I can give Katarina new skills from Ivy. Echo Far Trace is probably better due to the X slot being relatively open but it doesn't hurt to have options. Man, these Attuned and Emblem units are thwarting my orb saving plans. I might be able to forgo X!Micaiah if Emblem Sigurd comes with Canto but Emblem Byleth is probably a must pull depending on how they implement Goddess Dance.

54 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Looking back at Celica's kit, I wish NFU was baked into the weapon and she came with Incite Atk/Spd instead.  

I'm pretty sure they're specifically designing these units to not be able to have access to every good skill effect simultaneously.

After all, they just gave us Odd Spd Wave 4 as another option to get Null Follow-Up in the C slot and specifically on a unit that can't run any of the other sources of Null Follow-Up.