Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Game Over, LoVE wins!

BBM

The issue is, whoever gets targeted by marth probably isn't informed of it until the day phase ends.

At which point in time if Marth is scum, they could just kill the person he targeted, and then he can't do it again until day 3.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i forgot it's multiball, yeah you're right, having chat direct marth is a terrible idea

I was thinking that regardless of marth's alignment then at least it gives any potential town night roles some beta on who the kill is going towards

okay I am going to need to go very soon

##vote: @Bluedoom (L-2!)

Marth has the 5 votes by my count so this isn't strictly necessary but in theory scum could last-second unvote to get a no-lynch

Posted (edited)

Mod Votals 1.6

Bluedoom (6): WeaponsofMassConstruction, j00, Percivale, Eurykins, JamieIsBored, CT075 (L-2!)
Shinori (2): Bluedoom, Bartozio
Eurykins (1): Grace
Bartozio (1): Sunwoo
Not Voting: Shinori, Aster, Elieson, DefyingFates

Phase ends in approximately 1 hour and 3 minutes, at 6PM EST on July 17th. As a reminder, it takes 5 to lynch at deadline and 8 to hammer.

(edited votals since my first try got sniped by Cam)

Edited by BBM

I'm here, I'll be hanging around until deadline.

Agree that the claim is NAI. @Bluedoom if you're town, who do you find the most suspicious on your wagon?

I think it's interesting that Marth acknowledges he's the biggest and most likely wagon but doesn't want to vote either of his counter wagons, not even as a "not me over me" thing. Honestly, I think that bothers me more than anything else he's said and done?

Like, if you're town then you know that you're 100% town. And on D1, your town reads (no matter how strongly you feel about them) are still not confirmed to be town unless you have extra role-related info. So ... like, it just feels weird that Marth's not willing to vote for either of his possible counter wagons even if he isn't happy about either of them as counter wagons. If he's town, lynching someone who's not confirmed town (from his POV) has to be better than lynching confirmed town, no?

I would like to state that I'd be fine moving my vote onto Marth, but since we don't need a hammer and we're past deadline lynch I'm just going to let the phase end naturally in the interest of getting people to post more.

So I lied; Work picked up and I wasn't able to read up on Bartozio.

For that, I'm gonna place a vote on them because I both have a reason to do so (my disapproval with his stance on Jamie), and I dont have a reason not to (I'm not townreading him in any capacity such that I'd want to not vote for Bartozio).

##Vote @Bartozio

I'm also finally noticing that Shinori has 2 votes on him, from the "soft buds" that Shinori implied might be; Bluedoom and Bartozio.

I strongly suspect another wagon won't form, but I'm comfortable with a vote here.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Like, if you're town then you know that you're 100% town. And on D1, your town reads (no matter how strongly you feel about them) are still not confirmed to be town unless you have extra role-related info. So ... like, it just feels weird that Marth's not willing to vote for either of his possible counter wagons even if he isn't happy about either of them as counter wagons. If he's town, lynching someone who's not confirmed town (from his POV) has to be better than lynching confirmed town, no?

It's possible he is simply unhappy with his role, and has opted to not vote for people that he thinks could be an asset to town, vs he who doesn't feel like he's a major asset. That's where my mind goes when I get a role that isn't something blatantly useful like Doc or Cop or somethin.

Have a gift, Eury. Mercy from me responding to your wall with an even bigger wall counts, right?

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

It's possible he is simply unhappy with his role, and has opted to not vote for people that he thinks could be an asset to town, vs he who doesn't feel like he's a major asset. That's where my mind goes when I get a role that isn't something blatantly useful like Doc or Cop or somethin.

But, like ...

Aside from mentioning a townread on Eury earlier on, has he actually mentioned why he thinks either of them are a better asset to town than he is, and why he is so confident about that?

Neither Eury nor Bartozio have even claimed or really hinted at their roles, so it's not like we'd have any role-related info to go on. And Marth himself didn't claim a role that would be investigative (unless I'm missing something), so ... it's just weird.

Well the other two people are only at 2 votes so whereas they maybe people we would vote up if bluedoom wagon started to fall apart, I'm also at 2 votes, and normally I wouldn't claim at 2 votes on me.  So I can kind of understand Eury not claiming.  Bart it might be good to have them claim but at the same time, no reason to push for a claim if aren't getting off of Bluedoom.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Aside from mentioning a townread on Eury earlier on, has he actually mentioned why he thinks either of them are a better asset to town than he is, and why he is so confident about that?

Good question. @Bluedoom enlighten us on that which we may have missed. There's still time!

Bluedoom (6): WeaponsofMassConstruction, j00, Percivale, Eurykins, JamieIsBored, CT075 (L-2!)

If/When Marth flips town, it'd be really cool for everyone on the wagon to justify why their vote had to remain on Marth. The longer j00's vote sits on Marth, the longer it feels like a convenient votepark simply due to timing.

If/When Marth flips scum, I need to re-evaluates my decisions in life.

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

Well the other two people are only at 2 votes so whereas they maybe people we would vote up if bluedoom wagon started to fall apart, I'm also at 2 votes, and normally I wouldn't claim at 2 votes on me.  So I can kind of understand Eury not claiming.  Bart it might be good to have them claim but at the same time, no reason to push for a claim if aren't getting off of Bluedoom.

Since you're abstaining/incapable with regards to voting, who would you ghostvote now? Would you push him to L-1?

Yeh, I'm still ghost voting Bluedoom.  The claim is NAI, and I'm waffling on it.

Realistically I think it makes more sense as a scum role to an extent because it lets him empower his buddy every other day in a sense, whereas with it town-sided it's just blind shooting into the dark or idling until people start to claim and claim with something that is USEFUL for town while also hopefully being something that doesn't DIE that same night phase.

4 hours ago, Shinori said:

Bart and blue are hard defending each other since like page 2 or 3 and this is giving me sketch vibes.

You still haven't re-evaluated this like you said you were going to; is that still in the cards?

6 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Hmm, role spec wise if that's just Marth's role it seems really underpowered on a 2 person team. 

hmm

Just now, Shinori said:

Yeh, I'm still ghost voting Bluedoom.  The claim is NAI, and I'm waffling on it.

Realistically I think it makes more sense as a scum role to an extent because it lets him empower his buddy every other day in a sense, whereas with it town-sided it's just blind shooting into the dark or idling until people start to claim and claim with something that is USEFUL for town while also hopefully being something that doesn't DIE that same night phase.

If Marth flips town, who on the current Marth wagon would you Vig (if you could Vig)?

5 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Sure, I'm doctor + watcher.😒

Gut reaction who would I vig right now if they flipped town? Maybe J00.  I probably need to do a sit down and reread everything though.  Luckily there is only 11 pages so that's fairly easy.

Mind you that's all subject to me sitting down and reading post flip.

Just now, Bartozio said:

Sure, I'm doctor + watcher.😒

Please tell me this is not a serious claim 😕

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Bart it might be good to have them claim but at the same time, no reason to push for a claim if aren't getting off of Bluedoom.

I pray that was a meme. Please be a meme.