Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Game Over, LoVE wins!

BBM

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Okay I haven't actually reread Elieson, but he does have the most interesting interactions with both the flipped scum. So it's weird cause like if he's Marth's buddy, then the Eury stuff was probably real, while if he was Eury's buddy, then the Marth stuff is probably real, which sort of makes it so that I think he was just being genuine in both cases? Idk what do y'all think.

This is true. I don't think Elie and Eury are likely to be scum buddies. This requires them to basically post huge walls of text at each other and they both read pretty genuine during their argument, so it gives me the impression that the argument is more legit than not. The Marth stuff though wasn't so convoluted so I could still see that as possible buddying. I do see your point though.

Really, the main issue with Elie is the absolute nothing throughout D2 (which may have been legit but still doesn't help us with reads).

My action failed last night.

I realize that I did not post a scumreads list when asked, I will address that now:

- Eury is the slot I've flip-flopped on most out of this game, so I'm conflicted about the flip LOL. I think I would have pushed her a bit if she was still alive, but I did think she was town at EoD2 so idk.

- Lynch priority is Elie > Boron (prior to claim) > Fates/Aster. With Eury's flip, I can absolutely see a big staged fight between Elie and Eury to make both seem more active (notice that Elie has vanished now that his big "look, i'm contributing!" partner is gone). I had an impression of Boron largely pushing the town around in circles nonproductively, but I'm not sure I could back that up if pushed for specifics. Fates is similarly non-productive, and by D3 the noob excuse is no longer really a shield. Aster is for a bit of a different reason; I like Percy's case on them and I can totally see a new scum player panic-shooting someone suspicions of them.

- Weapons' case on me is hard to address myself? Like we got zero reasoning until just now, and I think all I really have to say is "I disagree"? Like I'd like to think I was pressing Eury for a while, at least, I know I wasn't super active until EoD2 (I'm travelling, soz).

Weapons, seriously?

Also, just to make things clear guys, Fates is not new to SF. We're friends from the Heroes subforum. He's been on SF for some time.

1 minute ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Now you're showing up

Wdym, I’ve been responding the whole time? 

I was about to go to bed but then I saw a notification and I haven’t gone back to sleep.

Wait, what

Didn't Weapons also claim that his action failed last night

7 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

So it's weird cause like if he's Marth's buddy, then the Eury stuff was probably real, while if he was Eury's buddy, then the Marth stuff is probably real, which sort of makes it so that I think he was just being genuine in both cases? Idk what do y'all think.

Maybe this is leaning a bit more on what I would do as scum, but I think the slapfight between Elie/Eury is probably more plausible than the Marth stuff? Like I maintain that Eury was never ever getting lynched D1 so it's kind of free distancing and it makes them both look more active than they are (recall that, at the time, Eury was already vote-sitting and pressuring a noob)

Uhhh yeah, so there are two people claiming that their actions failed last night. (Excluding myself because of my failure condition.)

Um. Strange.

I have some questions, but it kind of goes into slight role-fishing territory. Don't really want to do that unless we agree that this is something that will actually help town, but.

yeah I'm also a bit sus but I'm not sure it's possible to really know what happened without massclaiming (which I'm against, for reasons I hope should be obvious)?

2 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Alright nvm game can't be that easy

What did you think happened?

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Uhhh yeah, so there are two people claiming that their actions failed last night. (Excluding myself because of my failure condition.)

Could’ve been from Percivale?

Currently, I am not interested in lynching Cam, Jamie, or Fates.

I need to reread: Weapons, Aster

Would like to hear more from: Bartozio, Elie

Totally forgot existed: Myself

1 minute ago, JamieIsBored said:

Oh, good point. I suppose they could've both targeted whoever Percivale targeted.

Just now, JamieIsBored said:

What did you think happened?

Idk you weren't showing up -> I mention it -> you suddenly started showing up. But neither Cam nor Sunwoo are showing up now so I guess it's just SF being funky.

Yeah I mean I guess I'm certainly not giving Elie any points for the Eury spat. Which does mean he's pretty low on content otherwise. I want to see him post today regardless, and will probably use that as basis on whether to vote or not.

I'm actually feeling a bit better about Boron now that I've processed the claim, the thing about who j00 targeted makes significantly more sense from that POV and I think it makes more sense for frustrated town!Boron claiming here than scum!Boron (unless the watcher thing is a lie, i suppose, but I think the "action fails if targeted by another" is probably legit?)

3 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Idk you weren't showing up -> I mention it -> you suddenly started showing up. But neither Cam nor Sunwoo are showing up now so I guess it's just SF being funky.

For the record, my account has been set to private/anonymous browsing for years so I shouldn't show up under recently browsing. I imagine people who don't show up there have also switched to recently browsing.

2 minutes ago, CT075 said:

I'm actually feeling a bit better about Boron now that I've processed the claim, the thing about who j00 targeted makes significantly more sense from that POV and I think it makes more sense for frustrated town!Boron claiming here than scum!Boron (unless the watcher thing is a lie, i suppose, but I think the "action fails if targeted by another" is probably legit?)

There's a flavor-related reason for my action failing if I'm targeted, but I don't remember if BBM has a rule against claiming flavor and I don't feel like double checking right now.

Hilariously enough, this exact role was used before in Grace's Mystery Mafia 2 (which I know BBM is familiar with because he played in it).

4 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

I’ve been having issues where I’ve literally been looking at the thread and it says I’m not looking at it, then I refresh the posts and suddenly I am looking at it. I think it’s like a delayed thing when you join the thread where it refreshes as the forum servers refresh?

Just now, Sunwoo said:

For the record, my account has been set to private/anonymous browsing for years so I shouldn't show up under recently browsing. I imagine people who don't show up there have also switched to recently browsing.

*anonymous browsing

I think I'm going to take a short break from mafia

1 minute ago, JamieIsBored said:

I’ve been having issues where I’ve literally been looking at the thread and it says I’m not looking at it, then I refresh the posts and suddenly I am looking at it. I think it’s like a delayed thing when you join the thread where it refreshes as the forum servers refresh?

I actually talked to Integ recently about this exact thing and we learned that it takes a sec to refresh the page and is not-unlikely totally broken anyway (am I allowed to post logs about this completely unrelated topic from a completely unrelated discord server?)

tbh I also think that lurk-checking is unreliable; I tend to leave my computer on and it's very possible that it would show me still reading for a while after I actually left the house idk

Okay so here's my current thoughts on the situation:

-Sun is an obvious town read and really scared for her tonight. Also someone please let her play.

-Fates I'm also safely town reading at this point

-Jamie I'm also very confident is town with how they've been helping out so much

-Elie is a bit of a null read for me right now since we don't have that much information and I won't fault them given everything that's been going on. There are some things that do seem a bit off but I do wanna hear what they have to say first

-Bart I'm really waffling on a lot. One minute I'm raising my eyebrows at him and the next I feel safer. Feels like a wild card.

-Squinting the most at Cam and Weapons. Cam for the Sun thing and Weapons for sharing a lot of votes with Eury (which, to be fair, is also possibly just a consequence of wagoning) and also with what's going on with Jamie unless that's just a commenting error in which case genuinely my bad.

Heck the comments after the eyebrow raise emoji from Weapons didn't load until after I posted my own comment, gonna have to read up again.