New Heroes: Attuned Eirika & Ascended Amelia

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone on the dev team apparently doesn't like Caellach, as he ended up being the only Grado general to get denied a Prf weapon.

Oh wait, Caellach was a Book V era GHB unit. That's the real reason he didn't get a Prf weapon since nobody except Veld, Solon and Orson got a Prf weapon from that crop.

Man, it is, still to this day, honestly impressive how horrible that group of 12 GHB units was.

Edit: I forgot about Veld, but even with him only a fourth (3/12) of the Book V GHB units got Prf weapons.

Edited by Tybrosion

I can't even remember who was all in that group, to be honest. Usually I only worry about the GHB if it's a character I like and know I'll try to build up, like Castor, Glen, and Heath.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I can't even remember who was all in that group, to be honest. Usually I only worry about the GHB if it's a character I like and know I'll try to build up, like Castor, Glen, and Heath.

Book V had Caellach, Veld, Dithorba, Solon, Sonia, Orson, Fernand, Arete, Pelleas, Aelfric, Sedgar and Bertram.

Fun fact: it was only when I went to make this post that I remembered Veld and his Prf weapon also exist. I edited my previous post to include that correction, but (as I said in that edit) that's still only three out of twelve units who got Prf weapons. Since Book V, the number of GHB units with Prf weapons are:

Book VI: 7 / 12 [Yen'fay, Riev, Hilda, Fallen Muarim, Limstella, Jeralt, Holst]
Book VII: 9 / 12 [Hans, Lumera, Cornelia, Fallen Linus, Murdock, Zephia, Cyril, Arion, Fargus]
Book VIII: 5 / 8 [Validar, Perne, Mauvier, Fallen Lloyd, Glen]

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Someone on the dev team apparently doesn't like Caellach, as he ended up being the only Grado general to get denied a Prf weapon.

Oh wait, Caellach was a Book V era GHB unit. That's the real reason he didn't get a Prf weapon since nobody except Veld, Solon and Orson got a Prf weapon from that crop.

Man, it is, still to this day, honestly impressive how horrible that group of 12 GHB units was.

Edit: I forgot about Veld, but even with him only a fourth (3/12) of the Book V GHB units got Prf weapons.

Imo instead of a prf weapon, Caellsch should have gotten a prf skill. Hoplon Guard. I know he got Guard 3 but I'd rather the overt direct reference in this case over the indirect reference. How many GHB units actually got a prf skill? Alvis is the only one coming to mind now.

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

Imo instead of a prf weapon, Caellach should have gotten a prf skill. Hoplon Guard. I know he got Guard 3 but I'd rather the overt direct reference in this case over the indirect reference. How many GHB units actually got a prf skill? Alvis is the only one coming to mind now.

I think it's just Arvis among the GHB units.

For TT units, Arden (Follow-Up Ring) and Kid Minerva (Dragoon Shield) are the only ones with Prf skills.

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

Imo instead of a prf weapon, Caellsch should have gotten a prf skill. Hoplon Guard. I know he got Guard 3 but I'd rather the overt direct reference in this case over the indirect reference. How many GHB units actually got a prf skill? Alvis is the only one coming to mind now.

While it would be interesting in terms of flavor, exclusive skills have an extremely bad habit of not aging well, especially because, unlike weapons, they don't have the opportunity to receive upgraded versions outside of the LME Heroes that get remixes.

The units closest to Caellach's release with exclusive passive skills are Legendary Dimitri, Freyja, and Seiros. And even as good as Freyja's original Binding Necklace still is, it still has trouble competing with its competition due to it granting nothing but a giant pile of stats.

Either way, Caellach is going to be getting an exclusive weapon next month regardless, so it's not like it matters anymore that he didn't get one at release. At least he's not as unfortunate as Valter, who had trouble competing at release, had trouble competing even after receiving his refine, and is now long outdated.

19 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Book V had Caellach, Veld, Dithorba, Solon, Sonia, Orson, Fernand, Arete, Pelleas, Aelfric, Sedgar and Bertram.

Oof, that was a rough batch. I'm still surprised they didn't give Sonia a prf weapon.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Oof, that was a rough batch. I'm still surprised they didn't give Sonia a prf weapon.

Their decisions on who does and does not get a prf weapon at times can be downright arbitrary ;/

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yeah, and Sonia in particular got further dunked on when Kid Lyon (who got a Prf weapon as a 4 star seasonal) was released later that month. He had the same type of stat spread as Sonia (40/35/24/32/35) but his stat line (38/38/18/34/37) was more min-maxed (by 2021 standards, anyways).

Then just to rub it in further, IS did give Limstella (who is already Sonia's better in-universe) a Prf weapon the following year.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Their decisions on who does and does not get a prf weapon at times can be downright arbitrary ;/

As someone who is just neutral on Sylvain, I will still never get over how they made him an axe cav just so they could avoid giving him the Lance of Ruin (even when he eventually gets his turn for a refine). Meanwhile, they were fine with giving Seteth the Spear of Assal back in 2020.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

As someone who is just neutral on Sylvain, I will still never get over how they made him an axe cav just so they could avoid giving him the Lance of Ruin (even when he eventually gets his turn for a refine). Meanwhile, they were fine with giving Seteth the Spear of Assal back in 2020.

I don't even like Sylvain and I'm annoyed that they purposely fucked him over like that. There was literally no point to it, when they were perfectly happy to give Annette her relic, which I'm pretty sure she can't even get before timeskip? Besides, they're not shy about having demotes colorsharing with 5-stars, so Ingrid being a Rearmed blue lance doesn't really mean anything either.

Speaking of weird decisions IS makes, I went back and doubled checked, and apparently both Forde and Nidavellir have only 4 skills. Which makes it all the more confusing as to why Nidavellir got done dirty the way he was. Did they do this to Isadora and Harken back on the Attuned Nino banner? Why do they even give 5-star units four skills only at this point?

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

There was literally no point to it, when they were perfectly happy to give Annette her relic, which I'm pretty sure she can't even get before timeskip?

It's even worse than that with Crusher in Three Houses. It's post-timeskip and exclusive to Azure Moon because Gilbert (who himself is exclusive to Azure Moon) is required for Annette's paralogue.

Besides, they're not shy about having demotes colorsharing with 5-stars, so Ingrid being a Rearmed blue lance doesn't really mean anything either.

Yup, as they had demote Leonardo color share with Rearmed Sothe just last month. And then they did a shared colorless focus again this month with Summer F!Alear and 4 star Summer Clanne.

Did they do this to Isadora and Harken back on the Attuned Nino banner?

Yes, they did and that banner also had the Attuned + Rearmed combo that this current banner has. That FE7 banner also lacked a proper demote like this one.

I will give the Attuned Nino banner credit. It at least gave us four new characters: Isadora, Harken, Wil, and Fargus. This is something that this Attuned Eirika banner fails to do, and it's something the Attuned Caeda banner failed to do, and it's something the Attuned Micaiah banner failed to do.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It's even worse than that with Crusher in Three Houses. It's post-timeskip and exclusive to Azure Moon because Gilbert (who himself is exclusive to Azure Moon) is required for Annette's paralogue.

Wow. Just wow. Yeah, like, even if they didn't want to give Sylvain the Lance of Ruin now, there is no justification for making him unable to wield it forever. Especially if they don't have a timeskip version planned for him.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yes, they did and that banner also had the Attuned + Rearmed combo that this current banner has. That FE7 banner also lacked a proper demote like this one.

Ah, so both Isadora and Harken didn't get a full kit either and this isn't even a one-off then. Really, what is the point of not giving 5-stars full kits when they never demote? And I'm tired of alts and OCs being used as a justification for not demoting anyone from the banner. I'm sick of IS's antics.

10 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Wow. Just wow. Yeah, like, even if they didn't want to give Sylvain the Lance of Ruin now, there is no justification for making him unable to wield it forever. Especially if they don't have a timeskip version planned for him.

Well he might get an ascended version at some point.

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well he might get an ascended version at some point.

Yeah... well, I'd be more confident if he was a girl or a Lord but IS is clearly using everyone's Hopes designs as fodder for future alts.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah... well, I'd be more confident if he was a girl or a Lord but IS is clearly using everyone's Hopes designs as fodder for future alts.

It's not just the Hopes designs, they also have the Post Tike skip designs to lean on, since the first non seasonal versions of every character so far has been their school uniform. They could genuinely give us three versions of all of the Fodlan students (yet they seem more interested in giving everyone a beach alt).

In addition to Sylvain not getting the Lance of Ruin, Felix didn't get either of his prfs, they gave him a prf sword completely ignoring the Sword of Moralta. Though, he'll probably get Aegis in his CYL form next month (still don't expect Sword of Moralta to show up though).

The Fodlan character I'm most interested to see them handle is Lorenz. Since he's clearly meant to be a mage yet all of his default classes are cavalry. But, more than that, he's clearly an offensive mage yet his own relic is a staff, so will he be a mage unit without Thyrsus or will he have Thyrsus and be a staff unit?

Edited by Jotari

On 7/18/2024 at 9:55 PM, Sunwoo said:

And I'm tired of alts and OCs being used as a justification for not demoting anyone from the banner.

Every time they put a Heroes unit on a New Heroes banner, we get an instant demote instead of a regular demote. Ascended, Rearmed, and Attuned units don't result in losing a demote, either.

The only times we lose a demote these days are on banner themes that never got demotes to begin with, specifically Fallen and CYL banners.

Instant demote =/= demoting a banner unit.

And unless they feel like giving a copy of the instant demote unit (which they don't always do, they certainly didn't with Lapis and Kyle), then that character will be harder to get. Especially since they refuse to do anything about the bloated 3-4 star pool.

I'd rather just have someone on the banner to be demoted properly and have less of these Attuned and Rearmed units who don't even go into the regular pool.

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Instant demote =/= demoting a banner unit.

And unless they feel like giving a copy of the instant demote unit (which they don't always do, they certainly didn't with Lapis and Kyle), then that character will be harder to get. Especially since they refuse to do anything about the bloated 3-4 star pool.

I'd rather just have someone on the banner to be demoted properly and have less of these Attuned and Rearmed units who don't even go into the regular pool.

If you aren't spending orbs on their release banners to pull for them, then there's no difference.

And if you are spending orbs on their release banners to pull for them, then you're wasting orbs on something that you can reasonably expect to get later if you just wait since you're likely to eventually get one from the 3- or 4-star pool. The only justification to actually pull for them is a combination of favoritism and impatience.

Also, the probability of pulling a specific character from the 3- and 4-star pool while sniping that color is about 1 in 50. It's a bit more than pulling for a spark, and you're likely not going to be sniping that color on every banner, but it's not that awful unless you're trying to get them to +10 in a timely manner and aren't spending money on orbs.

It was worse in the past when demotes were only added to the 4-star pool and weren't dropped to the 3-star pool until much later, but that's no longer the case.