Hypothetical Engage 2 is announced, which characters are Emblem in the base game?

Jotari

I don't expect this to happen at all, but I they were to release a sequel/prequel/sidequel 776 to Engage with a new round of Emblems, who would get into the base game under the stipulations that no character who was an Emblem in the previous game can repeat their role, and like in Engage it needs to be one Emblem from each game in the series? (Ephraim does not count for the first stipulation since he was barely even an Emblem in Engage).

Basically, give me another 12 Emblems that you think are the most noteworthy or would be the most interesting to use.

29 minutes ago, Imuabicus der Fertige said:

We kinda had a topic for this methinks?

Boom, found it.

Gonna say Naga, cuz I find me idea damn neat nods to self.

That was a general creation topic more focused on skills and stuff. My intent here is to see who people think are the most important secondary characters from their casts. Some would be obvious, most people would probably say Alm should get in from Shadows of Valentia for example, while others have less obvious candidates.

Oh, my thread. So nice to see it again.

Though it wasn't for that. It was more like "make any character a Emblem" free for all. I think the closest we had to "make an Emblem roster" was this:

But it was to "complete" the DLC Emblem set to match the numbers of the main game.

Anyway, what criteria would be used for this? Engage itself basically went:

> Has to be the main lead or a lead if more than one

> Has to be balanced with six men and six women

So are we doing this all over again? And I take it the DLC Emblems are also out.

Alright, here it goes:

- Caeda (though to be honest, Kris would likely get in over her, in which case: Female Kris)
- Alm
- Seliph
- Nanna
- Lilina
- Eliwood
- Ephraim
- Elincia
- Sothe
- Female Robin
- Male Corrin
- Female Byleth

I'll have to owe the explanation for the choices for now. It's getting quite late over here.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Ah! A loophole I didn't anticipate!

Ahaha, yeah.

To be honest, since DLC added Chrom, Male Robin, and the House Lords, it kinda left no one else for options.

If DLC didn't count, I could put Chrom and change Male Corrin for Azura.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ahaha, yeah.

To be honest, since DLC added Chrom, Male Robin, and the House Lords, it kinda left no one else for options.

If DLC didn't count, I could put Chrom and change Male Corrin for Azura.

Shez could be a surprising but workable pick for Fodlan.

Time for the rise of the old man emblems with an all Jagen and Gotoh (but mostly Jagen) roster suggestion 😛 

FE1/11: Jagen

FE2/15:Mycen

FE4: Oifey

FE5: Eyvel

FE6: Marcus

FE7: Athos

FE8: Seth

FE9: Titania

FE10: Sothe

FE13: Fredrick

FE14: Gunter

FE16: Jeralt (yes I am fudging in a green unit in because Three Houses structures its recruit very poorly)

With a secret 13th Emblem from Engage being Vander 😛 

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

Shez could be a surprising but workable pick for Fodlan.

I did considered Shez, but since Engage only kept to main games (Veronica being the exception, but she's DLC anyway), I went for the same. Well, they can be among this new game's DLC, easily.

Anyway, gonna make a tweak to my list:

- Male Kris
- Alm
- Seliph
- Nanna
- Lilina
- Eliwood
- Ephraim
- Elincia
- Sothe
- Female Robin
- Azura
- Female Byleth

And as I mentioned, the explanations, including for the tweak.

- Alm, Seliph, Eliwood, Ephraim, Female Robin, and Female Byleth are a given. As any other lead is already in Engage. OP already granted an exception for Ephraim to be chosen again, since he too much of a non-entity in Engage, makes you wonder why they even bothered.

- Much I think Caeda would deserve the spot, I had forgotten Kris is a thing, and they are an actual co-lead to Marth, as it were. The only Avatar that did not get in Engage, likely since they could reach twelve without them. Went for Male Kris due to the other change a bit below.

- Thraccia doesn't really have someone playable who could be a co-lead to Leif. Mostly due to permadeath, but still. As it is, went for Nanna since she is for all intents and purposes the designated Heroine. Even if, again, not much is really shown in-game. Same logic applies to Lilina and Elincia, and also why I initially chose Caeda too.

- As with above, I chose Sothe for more or less the same reason. He's the co-lead to Micaiah.

- Without reusing Corrin again as their Male Counterpart, Azura is the only other neutral lead figure that Fates has. Yes, it'd mean no Corrin, but if Engage could forgo one Avatar, then I can do the same. Azura is why I chose Male Kris, to keep it 6-6 in terms of men-women balance.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

This may seem like kind of a cop-out, but I could see the DLC Bracelets filling up a few slots since we already have the concept of bracelets.

Tiki, Alm, Seliph, Eyvel, Hector, Lilina, Ephiram/Eirika, Soren, Elincia, Chrom/Robin, Camilla, Dimitri/Edelgard/Claude, and

Spoiler

Veyle

. That last one would obviously have to depend on timeline stuff.

But if they all had to be new, I would say: Male Kris, Alm, Seliph, Eyvel, Lilina, Eliwood, Ephiram, Elincia, Sothe, Female Robin, Azura, Sothis, and

Spoiler

Veyle

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

Once again, my love for theorycrafting overwhelms my antipathy for Engage.

1. Shiida. She brings the legendary forged Wing Spear!

2. Alm. Wild that he wasn't even a DLC pick.

3. Julia. Yep, Seliph misses out once again to the premier final bosskill.

4. Finn. Who ever said one blue-haired horse boy from Jugdral was enough?

5. Lilina. The only other FE6 unit, aside from Roy, who gets 10 supports.

6. Eliwood. Finally, the whole trio has made it!

7. Myrrh. She's decently story-relevant, and this series loves its dragon girls.

8. Elincia. The most important Tellius rep who hasn't yet made it.

9. Skrimir. There are no Emblem Rings with a laguz? Unforgivable!

10. Morgan (F). Like Eirika, she could "switch" with Morgan (M).

11. Takumi. Some BR rep to balance out Camilla, and of course, a Bow user!

12. Seteth. Would represent Silver Snow, and I love his portrayal.