The World Ends With You

Destiny Hero

I've been thinking of getting this. I can't stand Japanese words and stuff, so are there a lot in it? Also, the backgrounds in battles or whatnot look really trashy and distracting. Do they get in the way much?

Also, isn't there some Terminator thing or whatever called The World Ends With You? It sounds familiar.

I've been thinking of getting this. I can't stand Japanese words and stuff, so are there a lot in it? Also, the backgrounds in battles or whatnot look really trashy and distracting. Do they get in the way much?

No, and they're backgrounds. :/ I don't think it's possibly for them to get in the way unless something jumps out of them.

1. No, not much Japanese stuff. Just names.

2. They never get in the way.

3. If you don't like this game then you are hopeless and will never like any games that are actually good ever.

Get it. Then we'll have a reason to love you.

I don't know. If it's anything like Enix's other RPG's, I'll hate it. They have that tiny text with the ugly font, all those stats that mean almost nothing, and all that level grinding and their crappy presentations and lazy animations...

Where could I see a decent video of the game's play? I'd also like to know if there are cutscenes and voice acting. I'm a sucker for games that have:

- voice acting

- cutscenes

- a good story

- some adorable character

- 3D

And that's one of the main reasons I'm dieing to get Professor Layton. Jeepus, the last time I got a DS game was way back in July or August.

I don't know. If it's anything like Enix's other RPG's, I'll hate it. They have that tiny text with the ugly font, all those stats that mean almost nothing, and all that level grinding and their crappy presentations and lazy animations...

Where could I see a decent video of the game's play? I'd also like to know if there are cutscenes and voice acting. I'm a sucker for games that have:

- voice acting

- cutscenes

- a good story

- 3D

And that's one of the main reasons I'm dieing to get Professor Layton. Jeepus, the last time I got a DS game was way back in July or August.

Told you you'll think TWEWY is ugly...

And with all those things you like, why the hell do you not like RD???

- voice acting

- cutscenes

- a good story

- 3D

It has cutscenes, an epic story, it sorta has an adorable character, and 2D vs. 3D means nothing in games. And it has great animation, good text, and the stats are worth stuff.

It has cutscenes, an epic story, it sorta has an adorable character, and 2D vs. 3D means nothing in games. And it has great animation, good text, and the stats are worth stuff.

3D thing: I just enjoy games with smooth, 3D graphics. Not crap like Mario Galaxy or ACCF with the REALLY smooth graphics and the high frame rate that scream "We want your money!"

3D thing: I just enjoy games with smooth, 3D graphics. Not crap like Mario Galaxy or ACCF with the REALLY smooth graphics and the high frame rate that scream "We want your money!"

So, you like smooth graphics but you don't like really smooth graphics.

Riiiiiiiiight. That makes perfect sense.

Radiant Dawn?

yes

most of his posts do[/sarcasm]

Voice acting - Sometimes

Cutscenes - Yes

Good story - It's not good, IT'S GRRRRRRRREAT!

Adorable characters - Depends on your preferences

3D - More like... 2.5D? I don't know

You don't get any stats by leveling up except HP IIRC, you get higher stats like Attack and Defense and stuff by eating, and there isn't any level grinding unless you're the worst video gamer ever born. Of course it's a game so you're expected to fight stuff, but you don't like, have to fight stuff for hours on end to get higher stats. If you just avoid enemies completely then of course you're gonna get your ass killed.

Well, I like smooth 3D graphics as in LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Triolgy and Super Mario 64 (both for the DS). I DON'T like when it's so smooth that it has no visible pixels, and the frame rate is very high. I can't stand games like that, and they just scream "We want your money!"

yes

I don't like RD because it gets old fast. The difficulty is extremely unbalanced, too, and the whole thing is just bland the whole way through. The cutscenes are short and rare, and the voice acting sucks balls. Big, giant, hairy, TLS balls.

Well, I like smooth 3D graphics as in LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Triolgy and Super Mario 64 (both for the DS). I DON'T like when it's so smooth that it has no visible pixels, and the frame rate is very high. I can't stand games like that, and they just scream "We want your money!"

I don't like RD because it gets old fast. The difficulty is extremely unbalanced, too, and the whole thing is just bland the whole way through. The cutscenes are short and rare, and the voice acting sucks balls. Big, giant, hairy, TLS balls.

Technically, 3D games use polygons, not pixels.

and they just scream "We want your money!"

Don't all games scream "We want your money!"? I mean, that's the whole point of video games after all.

Big, giant, hairy, TLS balls.

Something you will never have... sigh.

Edited by Wander

Don't all games scream "We want your money!"? I mean, that's the whole point of video games after all.

Something you will never have... sigh.

oh my! are you kidding me?

video game makers are obviously into making games just for fun. Its obvious that they don't want your money![/sarcasm]

So, the better a game looks, the worse it is.

Right.

You tihnk Brawl sucks, amirite?

bye bye mgs4

I can't stand Japanese words and stuff,

i smell a southerner... or a narutard

So if you hate Japanese stuff, why do you like Professor Layton? It's made by a Japanese company. Oh, and so is Naruto. And every other thing you like (probably).

So why'd you get a Wii in the first place? You're being left behind as graphics get more and more advanced. And honestly, just about everything in today's commercialized society screams "We want your money!", so that's a really bad argument to make for games with great graphics.

I don't see how Radiant Dawn is bland the whole way through, and I also don't see how you think every other Fire Emblem game has unbalanced difficulty. I agree with the cutscenes and voice acting, though.

Fun Fact: Due to copyright issues, "The World Ends With You" is not the original title. The Japanese version is call "It's A Wonderful Life!" The title shares the smae title with a popular Christmas movie that deals with a man committing suicide, but an angel comes and tell him what would happen if he was never born.