OMG it's a tier list

Florete

So, the arguments focus on what? The units contributions to the team? Is LTC a contribution, or is lowest chance of death each level, or any other style of playthrough. My answer is that the factors which make up the unit must be focused on some central goal, and efficiency is a terrible term for it.

In the broadest sense, efficiency is reducing turns with a reliable chance of success. What that entails is a large number of factors that may or may not be able to be defined quantitatively. Hence there is no exact definition of efficiency.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the arguments focus on what? The units contributions to the team? Is LTC a contribution, or is lowest chance of death each level, or any other style of playthrough. My answer is that the factors which make up the unit must be focused on some central goal, and efficiency is a terrible term for it.

Read this post.

I'd like to know why Laura is so high. She has horrible movt, is just a healer(not great in this game because vulneraries are awesome) and generally is more of a burden rather than of help in each chapter. Bad caps throughout her existence and she's almost never evr going to reach tier 3 without massive BEXP. Doing so harms her case because she'll get even lesser stats. She's just an inferior Micaiah really, and she's not necessary at least... past 1-7. I mean, you really have to wonder how characters like Marcia are below her.

I'm not going to disagree that Laura may be too high, but she's great at supporting Volug in the part 3 maps because Volug doesn't have the liberty to use Vulneraries on player phases. She's also 1 of 5 staff users in part 4 with an existent staff rank.

Laura distracting Sleep staves never gets old for me. That being said, I could see a case for her moving down.

I'm not going to disagree that Laura may be too high, but she's great at supporting Volug in the part 3 maps because Volug doesn't have the liberty to use Vulneraries on player phases. She's also 1 of 5 staff users in part 4 with an existent staff rank.

I can only assume you meant "non-existent" there, since Rhys and Elincia start with A and Mist has B base.

Edited by Anouleth

Except Laura is the inferior of the five and is the most frail. Even worse than Mist and Rhys to be exact. At least for those two you could use a seraph robe to help them, but not with Laura. Nu-uh. Part 4 is a risky situation: Reinforcements from god knows where. If there's a gap, you can be sure you've already lost a unit. Also supporting Volug is probably for 4-6, beyond which her movt cannot keep up with his movt and she just can't come to the frontlines in 3-13 because of the hawks( well if you wanna take on a s;eeping Ike, fine, but I wonder how you'll deal damage to him). Also except for restore, which is needed more in Ike's and Micaiah's group anyway, there's no need for a good staff rank. Mist and Rhys can go to the Silver and Greil Army, so there. What the hell is Laura doing?

I say we move her above Heather( although probably below heather would be better.) Or maybe move Mist and Rhys up, below Heather, and fit Laura somewhere in. The staffbots are comparable really.

Laura is way too clutch for her short time frame to be just above the likes of Heather (or hell even below her).

Her short time frame being a couple of chapters. Three at the most. She's needed to recruit Aran, and is helpful in 3-6. She's absolutely not necessary in all the other chapters she exists with the Dawn Brigade and more than not is a liability. She can probably be useful in 1-5, but eh. guess I'm sounding a little too biased against her, but I just can't see how someone as frail as Laura who also has low movt is somehow so useful she moves to upper mid.

I'd like to know why Laura is so high. She has horrible movt, is just a healer(not great in this game because vulneraries are awesome) and generally is more of a burden rather than of help in each chapter. Bad caps throughout her existence and she's almost never evr going to reach tier 3 without massive BEXP. Doing so harms her case because she'll get even lesser stats. She's just an inferior Micaiah really, and she's not necessary at least... past 1-7. I mean, you really have to wonder how characters like Marcia are below her.

I'm not really opposed to Laura moving down, but...not for any of these reasons except that healing isn't always useful. Her Move usually isn't much of a problem in her chapters. Her bad caps don't matter as she'll never reach any of them anyway. She's already lower than Micaiah. No one is necessary except for specific objectives (which, ironically, Laura has one of). She's not really a "burden," she just needs protection, but that in itself isn't really a negative as much as having bad durability is. Remember that if she dies it's no real loss and we can just keep going.

At least for those two you could use a seraph robe to help them

Actually, I'd say even with a Seraph Robe, Rhys is practically sunk if a physical unit gets to him since his speed sucks.

Edited by Metal King Slime

I can only assume you meant "non-existent" there, since Rhys and Elincia start with A and Mist has B base.

You only need C staves for Physic, and getting Laura there is trivial. On the other hand, you're never getting an archsage (if you even have an archsage) to that point.

I get really annoyed when people make generalizations about this game such as "Vulneraries make healers useless." It's really not true that every unit would not rather spend his player phase doing something more productive than healing himself.

You only need C staves for Physic, and getting Laura there is trivial. On the other hand, you're never getting an archsage (if you even have an archsage) to that point.

Oh, haha, I misread your post. I thought you meant she was the only staff user in Part 4 with good staff rank.

Still, in general I've never found Laura to be that valuable. I don't consider her worth deploying in late Part 1 and I wouldn't call her "clutch" earlier. I guess she's good in Part 3, though, where you need all the healing you can get, and an extra staff user is always welcome in Part 4.

Edited by Anouleth

She usually has still her D-rank. Maybe you can bex her up to 10 and then promote her or something since she gets a default C uppon promotion.

It's trivial to get Laura to C Staves before 3-6, let alone 4-P: it only takes 14 uses of Heal (fewer with Mend). In all likelihood, Laura will cap at A Staves before she gets anywhere close to level 10.

Edit: Oh, and I agree with the crowd that Laura would be more fitting in Mid tier. She should probably stay above Aran, though. Right above Rhys seems reasonable.

Edited by aku chi

It's trivial to get Laura to C Staves before 3-6, let alone 4-P: it only takes 14 uses of Heal (fewer with Mend). In all likelihood, Laura will cap at A Staves before she gets anywhere close to level 10.

Edit: Oh, and I agree with the crowd that Laura would be more fitting in Mid tier. She should probably stay above Aran, though. Right above Rhys seems reasonable.

Laura's healing in Part 3 alone is more valuable than anything Rhys ever does, I think. Having thought about it, I think her current position is fine.

I've found Laura's healing useful in a few Part 1 chapters too, 1-4 comes to mind. Without chokepoints she's kind of a pain to deal with, but when Nolan is your second best character defensively and he's 3HKOd having a healer on deck is handy.

Getting Laura to C rank is extremely easy. I usually get her there on 1-4 iirc ^^'. I use different tactics though, usually Miccy + Laura and Ilyana/Kurth + Laura. Oh and mend ^^'. Restore is also helpful and Laura having low stats makes her a decent choice for sleep baiting ^^'.

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

That's part of it, yes. Sanaki's available for an extra two chapters, yes, but doesn't double much and has awful durability so she's basically limited to seige tomes and the occasional potshot. Renning beats her endgame. Aside from the aforementioned durability, he can take a Hammer/Wyrmslayer for awesome offense vs Generals/Dragons, has some nice strength, and a horse, while Sanaki's still stuck with Cymbeline potshots/siege tomes.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring this topic again but... it does say to voice all complaints loudly.

I think Pelleas should be above Lehran. Granted, he's a pain to take to endgame, but you also have to do a lot of stuff in order for Lehran to be recruited, and even if you recruit him you have to bless a weapon for him or give him anything decent in order for him to work, and you probably didn't even count on him when choosing your endgame team, so you don't really need him; he can do some damage if you give him the correct weapon, all right, but it usually means leaving Sanaki one of your mages without a weapon. He can staff, but it isn't like Micaiah does much else in that chapter, and it's probalbe that you have another healer there too. Pelleas can at least do a couple of pot shots in his chapters with Tibarn, use thunder on the dragons on 4-E-3, and IIRC he can use staves as well upon promotion.

I'd also say Fiona over Meg, or maybe even Astrid. They both suck, but at least you can give Fiona a forge and she can eventually become the best knight possible for endgame, have the Wishblade, has earth support, and has innate Imbue and Savior. Meg cannot even hope to be decent in Part 3 because her growths are terrible for her class and she's stuck with her awful caps most of the time, and she can't hope to get neither a Seal or a Crown because they are rare in the DB and she's just not worth it. If anything she becomes decent, but between training Fiona and Meg I'd pick Fiona anytime. Ditto with Astrid, although to a lesser extent.

IkeXX over Titania maybe?

Edward over Kieran, Kieran is useful for like, one chapter, maybe 3-9(?). Edward has at least some use until and even after Zihark comes around (1-7 I think). I'd even argue Skrimir or Muarim due to avalability, but that's another case.

And I'm really not speaking with strong bases here, but I think Boyd(T) should drop with his non-transfered equal. I don't think the boosted stats really save him much, or make him more useful than the characters he's above to.

Just my thoughts...

Edited by alfredo094