OMG it's a tier list

Florete

I agree with Colonel M, Past Part 2 not using Nephy means we have Oscar who can use horseslayer just as good and has better move. Nephy's move is also less of a virtue for alot of Part 3 maps. Where as if we don't use Jill we are probably going to take very long for 1-6-2 and her ferrying is certainly helpful for 1-E. Not to mention her flight being among the best virtues in the game.

Can Sothe ORKO the boss of 1-6-2 with Adept and knife forges in Hard Mode? If he can, it's still a 2-turn clear. If not, it only takes one more turn to clear the map than the ferrying method. And the ferrying method means Jill has to be promoted, and early promotion for her screws her up for the rest of the game.

Edited by Yuglyoshi

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2 Turn for 1-6-2 doesn't require a promoted Jill. I did it with unpromoted Jill just fine.

Also IIRC the boss moves last in 1-6-2, so Sothe would have to take a shitton of Cavaliers.

Edited by Colonel M

Can Sothe ORKO the boss of 1-6-2 with Adept and knife forges in Hard Mode? If he can, it's still a 2-turn clear. If not, it only takes one more turn to clear the map than the ferrying method. And the ferrying method means Jill has to be promoted, and early promotion for her screws her up for the rest of the game.

I'm not sure if he can but Jill carrying Tauro is cheaper and safer.

Sothe should be able to 3HKO Laverton with a forge, but considering the number of cavaliers in the way I don't think his chances of survival are very good.

In my draft run I pulled it off with this Sothe:

Unit            Level    HP     Str     Mag     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res
Sothe           5        35     21      4       23      23      18      15      9

Which is just 1 Def, 3 Spd, and 3 Lck over base as far as durability goes. As I recall (and as I wrote in my notes) he had a chance of death, but it was pretty low. Also recall that the spot he takes is in a Thicket.

I think a bigger issue with clearing 1-6-2 in 2 turns with Sothe in a tier setting is the chances of triggering Adept.

Then you need a good amount of knives to pull it.

And yes, there's a thicket there. So his durability isn't much of a problem when he's facing like two Archers, and then Cavaliers with Javlins and Hand axes- Which bear somewhat low Hit.

I think a bigger issue with clearing 1-6-2 in 2 turns with Sothe in a tier setting is the chances of triggering Adept.

Not to defend Sothe or anything, but it's not even that important if he whiffs Adept and takes three turns, since especially in this particular case a three-turn is only slightly less efficient than a two-turn clear.

We do remember that this tier list is about efficiency, right?

Not to defend Sothe or anything, but it's not even that important if he whiffs Adept and takes three turns, since especially in this particular case a three-turn is only slightly less efficient than a two-turn clear.

We do remember that this tier list is about efficiency, right?

True. Too many draft runs for me.

So, anyone opposed to Jill > Nephenee?

• 2 weeks later...

Mia versus Titania. I hate uncovering that subject again, but I think it seriously needs to be brought up. Something's not quite right when you look at someone who lacks a horse... under a unit with a horse. Especially when you consider what Titania can do to save turns throughout Part 3.

Mia versus Titania. I hate uncovering that subject again, but I think it seriously needs to be brought up. Something's not quite right when you look at someone who lacks a horse... under a unit with a horse. Especially when you consider what Titania can do to save turns throughout Part 3.

You should re-examine that third sentence.

Anyway, I'm not agreeing one or way or the other just yet, but I do think it needs to be looked at again. Movement in general has become much more important to our view of things than it was when Mia > Titania was decided.

I wonder why it isn't obvious (T) Titania is better than Mia. 23 AS doubles most enemies at 3-P up to 3-2. Titania 1RKO's everything she doubles (barring Generals, which she comes close to). She has 9 Mov and Canto.

The only place Mia is winning is at Endgame.

Lol at Mia being over Titania in the first place.

Sorry about this guys, I need more posts.

It was heavily discussed. We had our reasons.

And it's that mentality that makes us lose things like post counts :dry: .

I meant Mia (T). Titania is easily better than her. Would you like to me to expand this a little further?

Lol at Mia being over Titania in the first place.

Sorry about this guys, I need more posts.

Stop spamming. 8[

I meant Mia (T). Titania is easily better than her. Would you like to me to expand this a little further?

No, actually, because I pretty much know what you're going to say. Instead, I'd like someone who was involved in the original Mia > Titania decision to chime in.

To be honest, if this heavier emphasis on turncount is what we are going with, than I can't really disagree with the change myself. When it was argued originally, performance overall was considered more important than purely effect towards turncount. Since that no longer seems to be the case, and it was heavily argued even then, I will have to concede Titania > Mia.

I would try to argue it again, but it's a losing battle and I can't stand this new mentality, so I won't. This'll likely be the last post you see from me here, as such. Then again, I probably wasn't who you meant to answer that anyway.