What music do you listen to

Mr.Shiu and Watch

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Videogame soundtracks, movie soundtracks, and classical music (Romantic and Baroque). 99% of the time.

To me, modern songs depend far too heavily on lyrics to progress a melody, rather than the music itself be the leading figure of a piece. The song revolves around the words, rather than the intention behind a work.

Edited by Celice

But now I'm posting. So this topic has been blessed.

When I came in this morning, I was listening to Nas's Streets Disciple album. Now, I have Morrissey's Viva Hate on. So if that doesn't say that my tastes are very, very varied, nothing does.

Mostly? I listen to the crazy stuff from the past century that nobody likes to listen to. In other terms, it's known as atonal, serial, or avant-garde music. ;)

I require examples.

I'm really into avant-garde free jazz, avant-garde extreme metal, progressive avant-garde, indie, mathcore, some emo, and progressive punk.

Edit; I left out synthpop and trip hop, whoops.

Edited by Ars Moriendi

Ah, the old blood. If you're up to it I would suggest looking into some newer music (I can list them if you like) that incorporates a lot of old style in new ways, beautiful music really. I have a hard time actually finding older work sometimes, so I get shafted with string trios from free jazz bands and such. XD

Well, if you must know I'm currently on break from studying at Boston, which has an amazingly awesome new music scene (unlike Florida where the new music scene is basically nonexistant), so I think I can handle that part pretty well. Thanks for the offer, though.

Yeah in this area (Georgia or Florida) most concerts will feature some amazingly shitty bands, the only ones who get any real attention are those who conform to whatever is on the top 40 to some extent so actual creativity is, well like I said, in a garage somewhere.

Usually some random rock or anime intro's. Anime intro's are great when you need to get some work done, but don't feel like doing anything. Pegasus Fantasy can really motivate me and it's even more effective when there is nobody around and I can sing along.