Florete

The hawks  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which Hawk do you prefer?

• Janaff
    • Ulki

• 9 months later...

(mostly to vykan's post)

I'm still wondering how Janaff is supposed to hit 40 AS on EM with his 25% growth and it being his 6th lowest growth. It takes until level 39 before he even has enough things capped that spd is 3rd best. So maybe he hits 40AS around level 39 or 40, but how is he getting there on NM? And he's certainly not coming anywhere near it on HM.

And yippee on Janaff having more def than Ike without Ragnell or bexp. And giving Mia thunder/wind/dark for the comparison.

And the point of Ulki's extra avo is so that you can throw him in there with a crossbow enemy present once his hp + def >= 85 with a reasonable expectation of him living. If either gets hit with the crossbow (Janaff has a higher probability of that than Ulki) then they are in the "chance to get hit" = "chance to die" range, and Janaff's chances of being killed at that point are significantly higher than Ulki's.

Though, that probably doesn't make up for being closer to tear or the natural +2 str, though.

Still, I like how Janaff can get 3 spd with a 25% spd growth but Ulki can't get that much str with a 25% str growth.

And I wonder how 40mt is killing any dragon masters or generals in part 3. He does <30 damage to the generals, for one thing. He even comes short on a fair number of halbs. Without an Ulki support (other +mt supports grow slower) he even misses some warriors/paladins along the way.

I have a transfer Ulki with +2 str so it's natural I'dd choose him since the beforementioned disadvatage of him is reduced then. Still these two and also the 2 ravens (Nealuchi and Vika) are highly underrated while being excelent units. J&U have that advantage of being rediculous high level uppon joining too and should easily make your team if you statistically look who are the best choices.

Laguz are always a bit stronger then Beorc but because people find it hard to deal with transformation gauges they prefer Beorc.

Your loss since now I alone get to bask in Vika's glory.

I'm still wondering how Janaff is supposed to hit 40 AS on EM with his 25% growth and it being his 6th lowest growth.

I managed to do it on NM with a seraph robe and BEXP I think.

And yippee on Janaff having more def than Ike without Ragnell or bexp. And giving Mia thunder/wind/dark for the comparison.

Ike only has Ragnell for about half his playtime. Not sure what's the issue with Mia's support. Does she want atk more than avo?

And I wonder how 40mt is killing any dragon masters or generals in part 3.

That all depends on the difficulty we're talking about, where we're at in the game, and if Janaff got an E. drop or not. I distinctly remember Janaff being able to 1RKO dragonmasters in 3-7, and he'll have S strike + a support by the time they get a significant stat boost.

I'm still wondering how Janaff is supposed to hit 40 AS on EM with his 25% growth and it being his 6th lowest growth.

I managed to do it on NM with a seraph robe and BEXP I think.

A lot of things go differently on NM than HM.

Ike only has Ragnell for about half his playtime. Not sure what's the issue with Mia's support. Does she want atk more than avo?

And yet Ike has Ragnell for all but 3 of his shared chapters with Janaff. And Mia supports Ike. I know you don't like it, and on NM she doesn't have nearly the same pull on Ike, but it's a possibility even then. Also after a certain point in the game she no longer even cares about crossbow users. And even when they cause meaningful damage to her, it's not like they OHKO her or bring her to where everybody and their mother can OHKO her.

And I wonder how 40mt is killing any dragon masters or generals in part 3.

That all depends on the difficulty we're talking about, where we're at in the game, and if Janaff got an E. drop or not. I distinctly remember Janaff being able to 1RKO dragonmasters in 3-7, and he'll have S strike + a support by the time they get a significant stat boost.

Lots of things change with the mode. Also, Janaff is already ORKOing a significant number of warriors with his base stats, and a lot of halbs if he supports Ulki, since that is actually fast. Giving him a drop is likely a smaller increase in overall performance than giving it to Ulki or someone. Much as I like the idea of giving Janaff a drop and no bexp so he can have a very good performance despite lacking tear and getting to S strike faster as a result. (I couldn't convince Red Fox that Janaff can have the drop in comparisons. I managed to convince her of other things, so it's saying something that I couldn't pull that one off.) Oh, in 3-11 on HM he needs a drop and his support with Ulki to ORKO the 44hp/23def dragonmasters. Any 45hp/24def ones are impossible even with an A Ulki (which I think is possible in 3-E but I'm not sure how practical it would be) and a drop. And Generals are simply not happening. S happens either during 3-E or in their first part 4 chapter, I should think.

Also, needs the drop already in 3-7 for dragonmasters.

But sure, he'll do better on NM. Then again, like Mia's claim on adept and Gatrie's claim on the crown and Titania's on one of the two early speedwings, any claim Janaff has on the drop gets reduced in NM since the competition is now actually in the same league (Even if Ulki wasn't in the same league already in HM).

I just wish their levels were reversed (Ulki 29 and Janaff 28 instead of how it is). Then it would be easy. Ulki gets bexp, Janaff gets a drop.