My Lyn sux

Deity

My Lyn sux ass this time around. I am in chapter 22, and she has not gotten any luck improving in the resistance category. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, for resistance is my favorite category . She is in level 13 btw.

Advice? XD

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't a whole lot of advice to give. If you aren't playing for ranks, you could just give her your Talismans and keep a supply of pure water on hand for her. Barring that, just avoid using her against magicians.

Many, many melee units suck at Res. Especially at a low level such as 13.

But don't worry, Lyn is pretty bad in general, so you're not the odd one out.

*coughcoughSheistheoppositeofbadbtwcoughcough*

Her being level 13 is telling me she still has some room to grow until her promotion. If it doesn't improve at all, like the others said, talismans and pure water bottles should do the trick. Not that RES is important anyway.

I'm curious why resistance of all stats is your favourite.

Lol, well, lets just say that I like those stats that are hard to gain, capishe?

Everytime I see that my non-magical units receive resistance, I feel great, because I like tossing non-magical units against magical enemy units, etc. And so resistance for me is a must. I don't really use magic units, except for Lute, whom I love in FE8.

*coughcoughSheistheoppositeofbadbtwcoughcough*

Her being level 13 is telling me she still has some room to grow until her promotion. If it doesn't improve at all, like the others said, talismans and pure water bottles should do the trick. Not that RES is important anyway.

Yep, she has seven levels to get her act together, I gave her the apha drops, perhaps that will help her. :D

Lol, well, lets just say that I like those stats that are hard to gain, capishe?

Everytime I see that my non-magical units receive resistance, I feel great, because I like tossing non-magical units against magical enemy units, etc. And so resistance for me is a must. I don't really use magic units, except for Lute, whom I love in FE8.

Is Jeigan your favorite unit?

Many, many melee units suck at Res. Especially at a low level such as 13.

yeah i agree...out of the lords shes the worst and her defense makes me wanna kick small kittens..>_<

very rarely does she ever do well in my hands

Who the heck is Jeigan? ^^

He's an archetype unit. Basically, a promoted unit that appears early in the game and has trouble with his/her growths. Since as you like stats that are hard to gain, you probably like units who have a hard time gaining stats too.

So what does this Jeigan have to do with FE7?

XD

The fact that Marcus part of the Jeigan archetype.

Edited by Levin

He's an archetype unit. Basically, a promoted unit that appears early in the game and has trouble with his/her growths. Since as you like stats that are hard to gain, you probably like units who have a hard time gaining stats too.

The fact that Marcus part of the Jeigan archetype.

Oh, I see. Nope, I hate units that have trouble with their stats. Example my Lyn, she is kick ass, but when it comes to facing magical foes, she gets hit real bad, and I hate that. I usually like units that are so-so.

Oh, I see. Nope, I hate units that have trouble with their stats. Example my Lyn, she is kick ass, but when it comes to facing magical foes, she gets hit real bad, and I hate that. I usually like units that are so-so.

Physical units aren't really meant to take hits from magic attacks well and vice versa. There are some screwed up units that fit your criteria in some of the other games (Leonardo in FE10, Ronan in FE5).

When you're going to nuke a mage, you either aim for a 1HKO or use some1 who's not gonna end up fucked on the next turn due to taking that magic counter-attack. The longbow is probably the best weapon for fighting a mage.

Edited by Levin

Well you did say that you like stats that are hard to gain, and Jeigan has a hard time gaining anything. :P

Haha, is that so? I wish I had FE3, then, just to take a look at the fool. :P

When I get FEDS, and I beat it for the first time, I'm gonna try a Jeigan solo. Because I can.

EDIT: Actually, that would be boring, and it wouldn't be that hard because of class change... He supposedly makes a decent swordsmaster.

Edited by Reinfleche

Blasphemy!

Not exactly. Her defensive stats may be horrible, but she's got a great speed to make up for that shortcoming. Plus, you can't deny the awesomeness of her promoted sprite.

When you're going to nuke a mage, you either aim for a 1HKO or use some1 who's not gonna end up fucked on the next turn due to taking that magic counter-attack. The longbow is probably the best weapon for fighting a mage.

Really? I have no problems fighting mages I either attack with someone that has good resistance, attack with someone who has good avoid or attack and heal soon after. What I usualy do is mage versus mage though.

Lyn always gets high resistance when I use her. Looking at my saved teams, both my Lyns ended up with 18 resistance at 20/20.

And I always thought Eliwood was the worst Lord. He always ends up the worst when I use him...

Her defensive stats may be horrible, but she's got a great speed to make up for that shortcoming.
I haven't seen her speed make up for bad Def and mediocre HP yet. Lyn is likely going to depend on good supports for sure.

Also, Serra and Florina gain Res quite easily. If you want Res that's hard to get, play FE3, because everyone's Res growth in that game is 3%.