Florina's sprites

Loki Laufeyson

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well this one is supposed to be a part of my Potter sprite collection but im not too thrilled about how she turned out. D: (Tips are welcome!)

Its Tonks:

16ifrd2.gif

Again, im not too thrilled about her bottom half really. :/ I may have to tinker with it again later. (when im not feeling lazy)

• 3 months later...

HOLY CRAP! I MADE A SPRITE! AND ITS NOT A HARRY POTTER ONE!

If anyone is familiar with Garth Nix's Old Kingdom series, they might recognize Sabriel. I sprited her.

sabrielmug.gif

(HEY APRIL! ITS FE8 COLORS! :P)

• 1 month later...

Oh look, i made another sprite.

Its Amaterasu in human (FE mug style) form.

ammymug.gif

I wonder if someone will comment this time.

Yoooooo, that is SICK. Was it based off of anything besides Amaterasu? Like how did you know what to make her look like in human form? it really is awesome though. The outline is a little dark but thats not important, right.

Yoooooo, that is SICK. Was it based off of anything besides Amaterasu? Like how did you know what to make her look like in human form? it really is awesome though. The outline is a little dark but thats not important, right.

Thanks. I based it off someone's fanart actually. Sorta. Amaterasu Fanart Thats what i kinda based it on.

I have a habit of using darker outlines. I was using mostly FE8 colors anyway (except her hair because i didnt want it to be the same color as her kimono and FE8 doesnt have a lot of different shades of white) so i used the FE8 outline.

Also heres a battle sprite of Ammy!

ammysprite.gif

I totally did that already and accidentally saved it as a jpeg. I had to start over. I think the flames turned out better anyway.

That battle sprite is really cool! Is it mid-stance?

Usually when i do battle sprites, i just pick one on the sheet that fits the best despite its pose. I guess that particular one would be a frame as she finishes a hit.

Thanks guys!

Guys, serious critique needed.

yuemug.gif

Im not sure exactly if theres anything really wrong with it but let me know if there is something that needs to be fixed.

(its Yue from CCS btw)

Okay... I see few mistakes here.

newpicturez.png

Firstly, you need to reshade the neck. It's not really well shaded.

Secondly, Don't use bolder color for the white clothes. You should use the 4th white to shade that spot.

Thirdly, right eye and nose also need to be reshaded.

Fourthly, you need to pay more attention when you're recoloring. >>;;

And finally, your Yue has more than 16 colors. Try to reduce it down. Little tip, choose the palette you want to use before spriting, then after you're down with spriting, customing and such. It's easily for recoloring.

Example:

You choose

- Hair white: 3 colors

- Clothes white: 3 colors

- Purple: 3 colors

- Skin: 5 colors

- Bolder: 1 color

- Yellow: 1 color

Total of colors will be 16, no more, no less. =3

The 16 color thing, is it really necessary if the sprite isnt for a hack or anything? It was a request.

Thanks though. The right eye part was the most glaring problem i could see. Ill fix it when i get the time!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, guess ill go eat worms! :P My topic is almost dead. :(

Anyway, i got a hankerin' to do a sprite of Harry Potter playing Quidditch. :lol:

Here it is:

HarryQuidditchsprite.gif

(I know the Snitch wings are hard to see on a white background. D:)

Edited by Florina

Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, guess ill go eat worms! :P My topic is almost dead. :(

Anyway, i got a hankerin' to do a sprite of Harry Potter playing Quidditch. :lol:

Here it is:

HarryQuidditchsprite.gif

(I know the Snitch wings are hard to see on a white background. D:)

Well, I think the legs are too short, and that he should be holding onto the broom with his other hand, lest he fall off of it.

Otherwise, coo'.