Florina's sprites

Loki Laufeyson

Florina, that is such a cute idea! :3

I'm not sure about his pose, though. Is he supposed to be sitting on the broom, or is he dangling off of it, while he holds on for support? If he's sitting on it, you'll need to lower the broom shaft a little - right now it looks like it's coming right out of his groin. The broom also isn't slanted on an angle that matches the way he's sitting - if you go with his body, the broom should slant slightly away from the viewer and into the background, towards the image's vanishing point.

It's definitely adorable, though.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually have been thinking of tweaking the broom a bit to look more like his Firebolt.

Image of the Firebolt. You know how its curved? Well when i was making the sprite i wasnt really thinking about that. The curvature of the broom would look more natural with him sitting on it. (plus the little foot holds. I wasnt sure how to go about spriting those without making it look really weird.)

Im gonna edit it. His legs do look a little odd anyway.

I think that this one looks....

A lot better, actually. I still think he should be holding onto the broom with his free hand, but otherwise, awesome.

now sprite Harry himself to match XD

I was gonna aim for changing his arm but i got like really lazy.

(Harry has a mug further back in this thread. :P On page 4 actually!)

Edited by Florina

I made a mug of Tonks from HP a while back but it was crappy. So i redid her altogether.

(i used Anna so thats why one has a hand)

tonksnewmugs.gif

EDIT to add Fleur Delacour!

fleurmug.gif

Edited by Florina

Speaking of different clothes, i did some alternate emotive faces for Harry, Hermione and Ron. I also changed Hermione's shoulders. Ron's face is a bit different too. One mug has him making sadfaces and the other in different clothes.

alternatetrio.gif

Ok, i need your help. *Looks in Vampire Elf's general direction* I made this for someone on another forum. A lot of him was actually custom. (his hat especially) The coloring is off but i need some pointers how to fix it. Sock it to me!

pilaf.gif

(yeah yeah i know theres more colors in there than normal.)

b8b781da5d223764b6ff81a71e632c21.png

The hat was quite flat, you want to raise it by about that much, other than that, his far eye(in the square) should move up a pixel so that it matches the near eye better, the red highlighted parts on the stripes were outline colour, unless the stripes are backpack straps or something not actually part of the shirt(overalls or w/e) you should have them blend a bit better, Check hassar for a reference on how his short changes from teal to red, it will be much easier for you as the white has a blue base and it's going into a blue.

To the left are 2 pretty good blue palettes for fe6/7 colours, the more aqua blue would be the better choice if you wanted to drop the mug down to 16 colours as it's close to the eye colour, but is still blue, you could also use some skin tones in the hat.

5(2 white, 1 shared for white/hair, 2 hair only)

5 skin

1 outline

3 blue

that leaves you either a lighter blue to add to the eyes or a more ruddy red/brown for the cap, if you want the mug at 15colours+background)

Edited by Vampire Elf

Thanks VE! Ill fix it when i get the chance. The white stripes ARE a backpack, actually. Hence the outline color. Hes a bit too pillow shaded too. I just used the colors for his undershirt for the hat. That blue you suggested is much better. I used Hector's haircolor for some reason.

Actually its there but really hard to see. I tried using various (FE8 palatte) whites for it but it ended up looking really weird. So i just used a skin tone and a white. :( Too hard to see isnt it.