Bedbugs

Just call me AL

Dealing with these bugs.  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How should it be handled?

• Exterminator?
    • Leave 'em alone.
    • Buying bedbug killing products.
    • Good cleaning and a couple of cans of Lysol.

I thought this belonged in General, since we're talking about something in real life with all seriousness.

Ever since some chemicals like DDT have been banned, these little suckers have gotten a rise in their population, and started infesting homes again. Anyone on here know how to basically deal with them in general?

Bedbugs are real, and they're an extremely persistent parasite.

My knowledge is second-hand and sketchy, but:

1.) Prepare to call the exterminator numerous times. Their eggs are resilient.

2.) Dispose of any bedding, and probably your matress. They're infested.

3.) Make sure no portion of your bed frame touches the ground but the legs, then place the legs in standing dishes of water. Bedbugs can't swim and will drown in the water when trying to get up the frame legs to the body heat they sense.

4.) Don't allow any bedding to touch the ground.

Standard house-scrubbing is worthless, since bedbugs aren't attracted to filth in the manner of cockroaches or similar vermin with broad tastes.

Edited by Der Kommissar

Bed bugs? Those things are real? I thought that was just some joke a bitch of a parent thought up, like Santa Claus & free money.

Oh they're real. And they have you feeling like how a dog feels when it has fleas if you're not careful. Not to mention (like other members say) they're a real pain to get rid of.

Dispose of any bedding, and probably your mattress. They're infested.
Does a box spring count? Edited by Staraptor

I've personally never had any problems with bed bugs, even in my first semester of being in college when I never dust or vacuum my room. I guess the fact that I take night showers has something to do with it. That, and the parents call the exterminator pretty frequently and keep lots of Raid! in the house.

Actually, my bigger fear concerning bugs is wasps and bees; I got stung by a wasp once when I was nine years old, and I am not willing to test if I have an allergy to wasp stings...

Bedbugs are definitely real. If you're bit, you need a prescription topical cream.

I know this for a fact. Do you know how much it sucks to walk into a VA and go "I have these weird bites on my penis"?

i recommend moving if you are in appartments

we used to have them and had to move we tthrew out everysingle furniture of the house, matresses, pillows etc.

that's how we got rid of them. i remember finding one in my t shirt when i was going to shower. freaky

Bedbugs are real, and they're an extremely persistent parasite.

My knowledge is second-hand and sketchy, but:

1.) Prepare to call the exterminator numerous times. Their eggs are resilient.

2.) Dispose of any bedding, and probably your matress. They're infested.

3.) Make sure no portion of your bed frame touches the ground but the legs, then place the legs in standing dishes of water. Bedbugs can't swim and will drown in the water when trying to get up the frame legs to the body heat they sense.

4.) Don't allow any bedding to touch the ground.

Standard house-scrubbing is worthless, since bedbugs aren't attracted to filth in the manner of cockroaches or similar vermin with broad tastes.

3.) sounds really sketchy.

...Huh. Holy shit, apparently it's a valid tactic, along with coating them in petroleum jelly and double-sided tape.

How about you just don't live like a slob. I hear that's supposed to keep them away.

Appaerntly, not living like a slob may help. But bedbugs don't care if a person lives like a slob or not. All they care about is "Food. Food! Where's my food!!!"