So, about Ikes ending...

Hm...so his ending is out of character? Well, if I think it is, I can just pretend it didn't happen, and use bad/lazy story writing as an excuse! It might sound silly, but who cares?

I usually tell myself that Ike does leave for a little but he comes back to Tellius to return to his friends and family and tell his stories. If Ike doesn't get A support with Soren, he gets lost and doesn't actually leave Tellius. Somehow, he finds his way back and life continues on like it normally did. Ike commands the Greil Mercenaries and they travel around Tellius protecting villages from bandits and doing other mercenary work. He has to carry on his father's legacy until Mist and Boyd have a child who will succeed Ike as the new commander.

Soren took off with Ike...so i guess hes not alone..but yeah i found that pretty lame myself...

I wanted to see Soren go kick the crap out of Micaiah and rightfully claim the throne of Daein

:o

Soren took off with Ike...so i guess hes not alone..but yeah i found that pretty lame myself...

I wanted to see Soren go kick the crap out of Micaiah and rightfully claim the throne of Daein

:o

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=OsWwurePpto&...re=channel_page

Watch the last match in that video. I'm sure you will be satisfied.

WHOA HOLD ON! I GOT IT!

I know it says that Ike left, but did it ever say when he left? Maybe he did it once he was like 60 or something, yeah, that sounds reasonable right? He felt like living out the last of his years wandering? That sounds reasonable right?

WHOA HOLD ON! I GOT IT!

I know it says that Ike left, but did it ever say when he left? Maybe he did it once he was like 60 or something, yeah, that sounds reasonable right? He felt like living out the last of his years wandering? That sounds reasonable right?

I was thinking of something similar. The game says that he leaves when stability returns to the continent. Then I thought, "What if stability doesn't return?" There might've been peace between beorc and laguz at the end of the game but for some reason I can't see that lasting for too long. There's always gonna be little groups starting up rebellions and such. So Ike can't leave cause the Greil Mercenaries will be needed to keep the peace all across Tellius, then they'll all become legends. This is my ending, I don't care if it's not canon.

Edited by KSFF2150

Yeah, I hate Ike's ending. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would just abandon everyone close to him. But if IS wanted to, his ending opens the door for him possibly being in future FE games. Maybe other continents survived but they're very far away from Tellius.

Jugdral. He went to Jugdral and fought under Sigurd's army. He was impossible to be paired and died half way through the game.

Jugdral. He went to Jugdral and fought under Sigurd's army. He was impossible to be paired and died half way through the game.

Oh. I thought you were going to say he changed his name to Lex.

There are two reasons, the way I see it, that he left:

#1: Yearned for adventure and seeing that Tellius was not the place for that.

#2: Saw that Tellius was at relative peace and had enough good people in power as it was to overcome its troubles. It didn't need him any more.

Guest FreelancerSealBoy

I hated his ending for all the same reasons you guys had. First thought in my head when I read it, what about the troop? I would've thought he'd continue leading them for his father's sake

I was thinking of something similar. The game says that he leaves when stability returns to the continent. Then I thought, "What if stability doesn't return?" There might've been peace between beorc and laguz at the end of the game but for some reason I can't see that lasting for too long. There's always gonna be little groups starting up rebellions and such. So Ike can't leave cause the Greil Mercenaries will be needed to keep the peace all across Tellius, then they'll all become legends. This is my ending, I don't care if it's not canon.

Sounds good enough for me.

it would have been more in character if Ike had died during the battle against Ashera, which to me, would be the true, perfect ending.

its the true ending for the true heroes, from way back in Ancient Greece times.

voice all your complaints loudly

Edited by Bianchi Ridell Crimea

it would have been more in character if Ike had died during the battle against Ashera, which to me, would be the true, perfect ending.

its the true ending for the true heroes, from way back in Ancient Greece times.

voice all your complaints loudly

No, that would have been an ok ending. I like the current one better, but that's just me.

Basically, Ike couldn't stay in Tellius. He'd done the greatest thing he would ever do. He defeated the goddess and ended all wars for quite some time. He wasn't needed anymore, and probably wanted to do something with his life. Anyone who's read Orson Scott Card's Ender series will remember how Ender left Earth after he defeated the bugger aliens. And many war veterans in real life find that they can't go back to normal life. He's fought in war where it was life or death for the entire world. There is no way he'd be able to shift gears and go to a meaningless life as some noble or simple mercenary.

No, that would have been an ok ending. I like the current one better, but that's just me.

Basically, Ike couldn't stay in Tellius. He'd done the greatest thing he would ever do. He defeated the goddess and ended all wars for quite some time. He wasn't needed anymore, and probably wanted to do something with his life. Anyone who's read Orson Scott Card's Ender series will remember how Ender left Earth after he defeated the bugger aliens. And many war veterans in real life find that they can't go back to normal life. He's fought in war where it was life or death for the entire world. There is no way he'd be able to shift gears and go to a meaningless life as some noble or simple mercenary.

that was the "lets satisfy our fans by not killing off the hero" ending.

there is nothing that makes a hero more heroic than by dying for the nation/world/etc. selfless sacrifice of selflessness! and Ike would do it in a heartbeat, if he had to.

Because of the two years of war experience he's had throughout his life, in a year's interval each, with a three year gap between them. >_> I honestly think the ending was just there for the cliche, not any reason more. >_>

Ender's Game was different; wasn't Ender unable to go back because his brother basically took over the Earth as well? And he wanted to help the Buggers rebuild, on top of letting the other thirds live in peace on their own planet. It's not like he completely vanished like Ike did, either.

I hated his ending for all the same reasons you guys had. First thought in my head when I read it, what about the troop? I would've thought he'd continue leading them for his father's sake
This, also.

For the stability thing, things were already pretty unstable to begin with. It's not like stability will return in a heartbeat especially considering the war that was occurring. Maybe it didn't return for a while and after doing stuff, he got bored and left for his retirement or something..?

Edited by Nathan Graves