Mist or Elincia

Wolf

Mist or Elincia  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer Mist or Elincia?

• Mist
    • Elincia

Rofl is. Terrible stats, supports, and class. IMO, he's probably the only character in the game that has no use.

No, he's still got use. His stats are solid when raised, so at least he's killing things if you bother to level him up. Also, supports aren't even fucking close to being gamebreakers. I'm not going to debate Rolf's low placement, but every character can be used effectively without too much trouble.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he's still got use. His stats are solid when raised, so at least he's killing things if you bother to level him up. Also, supports aren't even fucking close to being gamebreakers. I'm not going to debate Rolf's low placement, but every character can be used effectively without too much trouble.

Not really, since Rofl is attacking once a turn. At level 20/3 w/ Steel Bow has 25 Attack, 19 AS, 14 Defense, 9 Resistance, and 50% Avoid. Doesn't sound exactly good. :/

Yes, supports can be game-breakers. Ike and Oscar wouldn't be nearly as good without their EarthxEarth support which makes both essentially immortal out of promotion.

Every character can be used, but some weaken the team much more than others. THis includes Rofl.

She's not doubling Warriors when she joins unless you give her an Iron Sword. Even then, I doubt it, and EVEN THEN she's doing very minimal damage.

You can always go back to base and give Elincia some bonus experience to double. She can probably kill Bertram with enough training during the chapter.

This is to show that Elincia can be good. :)

Not really, since Rofl is attacking once a turn. At level 20/3 w/ Steel Bow has 25 Attack, 19 AS, 14 Defense, 9 Resistance, and 50% Avoid. Doesn't sound exactly good. :/
He's killing anything flying and mages without difficulty, and other enemies part of the time, or fairly reliably with a custom Steel Bow. Maybe without, if you really dumped the BEXP on him. That's certainly more effective than Bastian's lame ass. I'm not arguing he's good, more like he's good enough.

(EDIT: The Longbow also has situational usefulness in maximizing enemies killed/turn [or minimizing enemies not killed, depending on how you look at it].)

Yes, supports can be game-breakers. Ike and Oscar wouldn't be nearly as good without their EarthxEarth support which makes both essentially immortal out of promotion.
Ike and Oscar are beasts even without it. That's not "game-breaking" to me, though it certainly is awesome. Besides, unique example is unique.
Every character can be used, but some weaken the team much more than others. THis includes Rofl.
ya i knooooooooooooow

I'm just saying he's not "probably the only character in the game that has no use."

Edited by YokaiKnight

Mist. Elincia only has 3 chapters to prosper whereas Mist has nearly the entire game to grow. My mist always had way more "Avoid" than my Elincia despite their stats being close, so my Elincia dies easily when a Laguz attack her. I would only use Elincia if Mist didn't develop well, so at least she can wield the magic swords I get acquire through the game. Thanks to Mist higher Magic stat cap, I find her more useful handling it, especially when it takes Elincia a while to get her weapon lvl up enough to wield those weapons......

And Rofl. Elincia is only better than those three.

Rofl is. Terrible stats, supports, and class. IMO, he's probably the only character in the game that has no use.

Physic gives Mist 20 EXP a turn, and Barrier 15. Healers have a virtually free EXP poll, while fighters have to compete for EXP.

? lol by the time I get to the 18 chapter, my Rolf far surpass Shinon once he turns into a sniper. His stats are usually well rounded during my play throughs when I decide to use him. I don't really cap much with him except his Spd, Skl, and Str. Everything else is above 15 usually. He dodges most attacks and can take a good beating before he out. H.P usually ends at 45. He's a pretty decent bow user in my opinion. If there is a person I wouldn't use, it would be titania, despite her being a god during the first few chapters in the game. She's a damn exp hog, and when I finally get to the chapters that can actually give her some decent amount of Exp, she ends up being far to weak than any of the other Paladins that I decide to use, making her useless to other Knights....

Edited by Blaze340

Same could be said the other way round. Some units suck early in the game and are awesome at the end game. Some units are awesome at beginning of the game and suck at the endgame.

Rolf is the type of unit who sucks at the beginning and turns out pretty good at the end game. Therefore he weakens the team at early on in the game but Strengthens the team towards the end game.

Shinion is good early on in the game and sucks at the endgame. Therefore he is the type to strengthens the team early in the game and weakens the team at the endgame.

So I rather have a unit who needs some babysitting and performs very well at the endgame. Rolf is clearly stat-wise way better than Shinion.

Edited by Judge Judy

Rolf sucks at the beginning and is average at best in the end.

Shinon is good at the beginning, sucks when he gets back in, and is just as good as Rolf in the endgame. The early game advantage is what places him much above Rolf.

Rolf? CLEARLY stat wise? Shinon's growths are monstrous even if his bases are poor! I'd rather have a game that helps the team early on (in his availability) and doesn't do much later on than someone who hinders the team early on (in his availability) and doesn't do much later on.

• 6 months later...

Mist and Elincia have good things about either of them.

Mist makes the BK boss battle a lot easier, she's Ike's sister, and she's great healer

Elincia is an Est archetype, but her sword level will take sometime. If you use Amiti anyway, then it doesn't matter

NOTE: Est archetypes are characters that come late, and start out with low levels. However, they get insane growth rates.

No I have her only use Amiti. It's an infinate use brave sword.

Also saving your gold in the last few chapters without having to waste money to buy new weapons.

If it wasn't for the magic swords and being in the Ike vs BK battle, I probably wouldn't use Mist. She does become good but she takes too long to become good for my tastes.

It's not like you need her for the BK battle either. You can give Ike an Elixir or two, otherwise you can just retreat from the fight and get Ena that is if you want her.

=====

Elincia-

Not only does she grow 10% more in HP, 30% in Mag, 20% in skill, and 10% more in Def. But also she can be a better healer to use that is if you haven't bothered to use Mist, and have used Rhys since they're both better at healing your units than Mist. Plus can move anywhere without movement loss and having acess to an infinite use weapon...unlike Mist.

Elincia-

Not only does she grow 10% more in HP, 30% in Mag, 20% in skill, and 10% more in Def. But also she can be a better healer to use that is if you haven't bothered to use Mist, and have used Rhys since they're both better at healing your units than Mist. Plus can move anywhere without movement loss and having acess to an infinite use weapon...unlike Mist.

First, they're both going to cap Magic regardless of who has more Mag Growth.

Elincia = Massive BEXP that you stored explicitly for Elincia. She is an unnecessary healer, which is her onlybest purpose and even if she has that extra 10% defense there is no excuse to put her in harms way in the first place. Mist is a mage killer with forged steels and/or a general/flier killer due to earlier possible exposure to Arm Scrolls and own experience.

Elincia comes in late. Absolutely dreadful as a fighter, almost always get's killed in one enemy phase if she's in range (yes, even at lvl20), embarrassing excuse for the triangle attack, and has 20 LESS level ups than Mist.

EDIT:

Oh, and Rhys is insanely slow.

Edited by Chalis

I'm going for Elincia, since Mist is very weak, both offensively and defensively, and seems to be the #1 target of the Daein army (especially those crows in Ch. 19), which forces me to constantly restart. In fact, the only units that don't target her are mages (because they'd rather go for Gatrie instead).

Oh, and she's a bitch to level up, even with staff abuse (I finally got her to promote in Ch. 24, when I decided enough was enough, and gave her 2 levels of BEXP so I could Master Seal her). The are only two reasons that I actually use her: The first is because she has an A support with Jill (because I don't use Lethe or Haar), and the second is because of the BK fight in chapter 27 - I'd rather have Mist heal Ike (using a physic staff), than have Ike waste a turn using an Elixir, when he could be attacking.

Elincia is only forced in one chapter, after which you can bench her for the rest of the game (which I do seeing as 1) Soren can use staves as well, and 2) I don't like deploying more than two units that can heal).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I'm going for Elincia, since Mist is very weak, both offensively and defensively, and seems to be the #1 target of the Daein army (especially those crows in Ch. 19), which forces me to constantly restart. In fact, the only units that don't target her are mages (because they'd rather go for Gatrie instead).

Mist 20/1

HP 28.5 Str 9.65 Mag 17.5 Skill 9.75 Speed 17.6 Luck1 7.4 Def 7.85 Res 16.6

Elincia 20/1

HP 27 Str 9 Mag 12 Skill 16 Speed 18 Luck15 Def 11 Res15

Growths

HP Str Mag Skill Speed Luck Def Res

Mist 50% 35% 50% 25% 40% 60% 15% 40%

Elincia 60% 30% 80% 45% 40% 60% 25% 35%

Both are about equal weak in terms of offensive and defensive. But only on equal levels. Once Elincia joins Mist is likely to be way ahead of her in levels and supports and therefore beating her offensivly and defensivly thx to superior avoid, not that either matters for a healer, they shouldn't be fighting at all.

If she wants to trie anyway Elincia has Amiti, a sword that slows her speed for 3 points. And with 30% growth for str this is not likely change too soon, putting her avoid onto a very unreliable level. She has the Skill Heal... which really dosn't make much of a difference. She can also fly... which dosn't help her at all. You have her for only 3 chapters. The first is a wide open field, rendering flying pointless. The second is a indoor level... again flying dosn't help. The 3rd. In the next one she can't even be used and the last one is the final chapter and flying hasn't much of an use here either. However she is vulnerable to bows... so atlast she has all the disadvantages of beeing a flyer. However I found her quite useful in some Trial Maps.

So Elincia comes late and can't do anything that Mist can't do equal or better at this point, so sadly I will go with Mist.

Edited by BrightBow-User

Mist is far more useful than Elincia, have Mist promoted, help her forging a powerful sword and make her have the sword rank to equip her with the sonic sword. She'll be awesome. About mobility, equip her with a physic.

Elincia comes late and fragile.

Also, Mist will be of great use with the battle between Ike and Black Knight. The fact is that you can somehow control her growths with the gained experience. First, save in the battlae prep, go to raise her lv with bonus exp., do it as multiple times and decide on the best growth.

• 3 weeks later...
She's not doubling Warriors when she joins unless you give her an Iron Sword. Even then, I doubt it, and EVEN THEN she's doing very minimal damage.

You can always go back to base and give Elincia some bonus experience to double. She can probably kill Bertram with enough training during the chapter.

This is to show that Elincia can be good. :)

That. Vid. Was. Epic! 8D

I'd say Elincia, she's really good.

Edit - Wrong fn board.

Mist and Soren have healing covered until Elincia shows up. She's then my preferred healer (with some training) and I try to cap her for RD transfer.

Edited by Rhelm