Character Archtypes

luigi bros

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are they two separate categories, and why do Eyvel and Dagdar count as a Jeigan archtype? Neither of them are a main lord's protector with a pony and similar personality.

Jeigan archtype was originally 'that bad prepremote who comes in the first chapter, hogs exp and has sucky growths'

That's your definition of "Jeigan", not really an official one at any rate. You can put it as broad or small as you like: "very early prepromote", or "protective-of-the-lord prepromote" or "prepromoted Paladin that joins super early". I think the perfect "intended Jeigan" list for games I've played is simply Jeigan, Oifaye, Marcus (both), Seth, Titania (FE9 only). Eyvel, Dagda and Sothe don't really slide in as well, imo (though it should be noted that they do have rather large movement).

Pretty much anything that occurs only like 3 times throughout the series isn't really an archetype as much as one property shared by a few other dudes ("overleveled unpromoted unit that joins early" and "womanizer").

Check this one out: tactician archetype

FE4: Oifaye / Levin

FE5: August (+ Dorias)

FE6: Merlinus

FE7: You

FE8: stupid twins pretend not to need tacticians

FE9: Soren, I suppose

FE10: everyone and their mom + Soren

FEDS: Malledus

The Tiki archetype:

Tiki, Fa, Myrrh, maybe Ena

The Wrys archetype:

Wrys, Corple, Sleuf, Saul, Moulder, Rhys

The Feena archetype:

Feena, Sylvia, Leen, Lalum, Ninian, Tethys, Reyson

The Jeorge archetype:

Jeorge, Briggid, Klein, Louise, Innes, Shinon

I'm barely trying : P

The Wendell archetype (guys who are tutors in some way) - Wendell, Sety, Pent, Saleh

Marich archetype (unpromoted Mage, green hair) - Marich, Levin/Arthur, Asvel, Lugh, Nino, Soren

Gordin (Green archer) - Gordin, Ryan, Midir, Wolt (It's a yellow-Green color)/Sue/Shin, Rebecca/Rath, Rolf

Edited by Nathan Graves

What do you mean by usually?

Most of the times.

Like the Jeigan archetype does not necessarily has to be a Paladin with bad growth, as in FE5 Eyvale.

Why are they two separate categories, and why do Eyvel and Dagdar count as a Jeigan archtype? Neither of them are a main lord's protector with a pony and similar personality. The 'Jeigan' characters would be the following.

I think the difference is that Jeigan is a 'trap'. Giving him levels would only hurt you as he had 0 growth in almost all areas so wouldn't improve. Oiyafe types actually have decent growths (and in the case of Titania, actually better growths than the Green/Red social knights who are generally exceptional units).

The Jeigan will basically be unusable towards the endgame, which isn't always the fate of the Oiyafe.

Also in case it hasn't been mentioned, Renning (FE10) is a Gato.

Also in case it hasn't been mentioned, Renning (FE10) is a Gato.

Except he sucks, unlike Gato, Galzus, Athos, Karel, etc. Well, Karel isn't amazing, but he doesn't suck.

Duo of earlyjoining axers, one being more outrageous, wild, and the other being calm:

FE4 - Johan/Johalva

FE5 - Othin/Halvan

FE6 - Ward/Lot

FE7 - Bartre/Dorcas

FE8 - Ross/Garcia

(FEDS ones have no personality, later games don't really have these due to the solitary nature of Nolan and Boyd...though you could say the former is calm and the latter more wild)

(FEDS ones have no personality, later games don't really have these due to the solitary nature of Nolan and Boyd...though you could say the former is calm and the latter more wild)

Well, that was mentioned earlier ^^

Also The twins have no personality in FE1,FE3 AND in FEDS.

it was mentinoned before, but im pretty sure the real gordon archtype is a young boy archer who starts low lv early in game: Gordon, Ryan, wolt, wil, rolf fe9, leonardo

Gordon, Ryan, wolt, wil, rolf fe9, leonardo
I have trouble imagining Ryan as a Gordon in Book 2, considering that you get Gordon himself, and at the very same time you get Ryan (which is at the beginning).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Ryan is a separate archetype that Rolf falls under, because they both have excellent growths but are difficult to train.

I have trouble imagining Ryan as a Gordon in Book 2, considering that you get Gordon himself, and at the very same time you get Ryan (which is at the beginning).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Ryan is a separate archetype that Rolf falls under, because they both have excellent growths but are difficult to train.

Yeah I wasn't sure about Ryan, and Rolf was a hard case because he joins a bit late.

Except he sucks, unlike Gato, Galzus, Athos, Karel, etc. Well, Karel isn't amazing, but he doesn't suck.

To be fair, Oiyafe Archetype is a sub-type of the Jeigan one (doesn't suck lategame, but has all the other traits). It's only an archetype because there are more like that (e.g. Titania).

Maybe in the next game they'll make another 'Gato' who sucks and thus making Renning a new sub-archetype of Gato.

Duo of earlyjoining axers, one being more outrageous, wild, and the other being calm:

FE4 - Johan/Johalva

What? What?

I can't see Johan as a calm type here. O.o

Late-joining characters that suck offensively: Renault, Syrene, Ena, anyone else from the Japanese FEs

Yuria, FE5!Sety, and Galzus would like to have some words with you, I think.... >.>

Edited by Fury