Who do you think the next FE character will be in the Smah Bros series?

luigi bros

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the question. It is too early to say really. As far as playables go, if we play by Brawl Rules (I hope we don't but still...) we get the Alpha and Omega so to speak so that means Marth and whoever the newest FE Lord is. As far as assist trophies (shouldn't I call these Nintendokeballs? seeing as thats what they are) and real trophies go and polygon based FE games will have priority simply because it is a case of "we're going to use the same assests".

I'm also part of the Why aren't Ashnard or the Black Knight bosses? But I guess Sakurai thought we would have more fun beating up "another Prymid...but this time it is YELLOW" while watching cutscenes with a slight emphasis on Kirby fanchise characters...

I think us having the next smash bros announced by 2012 would be about the time frame so there isn't much more I can think fo saying.

What FE characters would I like to see...anything, anything from FE4 or 5 as that would mean the slight chance of getting music from those games Well FE5s music doesn't work well outside of FE5 but FE4...

Edited by Starwolf_UK

Again, they probably won't even ANNOUNCE a new SSB until at least 2012, at which point I'm thinking we'll have a new FE game.

Regarding the question. It is too early to say really. As far as playables go, if we play by Brawl Rules (I hope we don't but still...) we get the Alpha and Omega so to speak so that means Marth and whoever the newest FE Lord is.

They were trying to keep Roy in, but were short on time/space. They actually didn't mean to cut characters other than Young Link (replaced by Toon Link), but again, there wasn't enough time, and probably not enough room. They should've made Brawl a 2-disc game: Disc 1 with 1-player modes and co-op modes, and Disc 2 with Multiplayer. That way, they could have a LOT more in the game. But I don't think space was the primary issue, considering how they had to keep pushing back the release date. No, it was probably a bunch of anonymous death-threats saying "DO IT NAO OR I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU".

Edited by uıʌǝɹʞ

If it was right now Marth is the newest FE lord.

In which case, they'd probably reuse Ike, with the slim possibility of his FE10 model instead of the FE9 model. =P

They were trying to keep Roy in, but were short on time/space. They actually didn't mean to cut characters other than Young Link (replaced by Toon Link), but again, there wasn't enough time, and probably not enough room.

I recall hearing otherwise While Roy (among several other characters from SSBM) did have data in the Brawl disc, I seem to remember Sakurai stating that he didn't want more than two Fire Emblem characters playable. I may be wrong, but it's what I heard at some point.

Eh, running on the the assumption that there will be another Smash, and using Brawl and Melee to make a guess, I'd say they'll continue with the "Marth plus the new guy" idea. Though, I can imagine Ike being left in, since he seems to be a pretty popular character.

Woe upon Nintendo for condemning the Black Knight to a trophy.

I believe the Smash tradition for FE characters is: A main character of first FE and a main character of last known FE (even if the FE game isn't released it). Marth will always be there. Roy was in Melee since FE6 was the last known FE at that time, Roy was in too. In Brawl, it was Marth and Ike, who is one of the main characters in 10.

So this time, we'll just have to wait for more FE games to come out. I want Sigurd though.

I recall hearing otherwise While Roy (among several other characters from SSBM) did have data in the Brawl disc, I seem to remember Sakurai stating that he didn't want more than two Fire Emblem characters playable. I may be wrong, but it's what I heard at some point.

The "data" you refer to is a file called Roy in the character directory. It has nothing in it. All we know from that is it was planned sometime but is not in the final product and nobody deleted the file becuase there is no need. The thing with the missing musics is we noticed the gaps in the file structure then someone noticed a file with the full song list in (I can't seem to find the document but if Roy had victory music planned* then his character must have come along pretty far).

*-Every character was meant to have thier own Victory tune. Only Meta Knight has one is how it ended up though :(

Vanguard Ike for SSB4.

Yeah. I also hoping they do that too. He will be much faster and stronger though, so they will nerf the hell out of him....-_-

I hope they don't get rid of him. He has a unique fighting style that I like about it.....

Logical thought: Sigurd, Celice, maybe even Ogma or Hector.

Wishful thought: Delmud with his feathered shiny blonde hair, sexy black jacket and could come with something like the Mystoltin an armorslayer or wing clipper, weapons he was pretty cool with.

Joke thought: Samuto