Nintendo

Mr.Shiu and Watch

Nintendo games can't get much easier than Super Mario Galaxy.
Twilight Princess. Galaxy actually takes effort during the later stars of the game.

And no, don't give me "You only have to collect 60 stars to beat the game." Every real gamer will want all 120 stars, so the challenge is there.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twilight Princess. Galaxy actually takes effort during the later stars of the game.

And no, don't give me "You only have to collect 60 stars to beat the game." Every real gamer will want all 120 stars, so the challenge is there.

and playing as luigi is fun!

:3

Every real gamer will want to collect every piece of heart, but I think that's way harder to do unless you have some kind of FAQ.

It's a lot easier with some kind of FAQ. SMG, even with FAQs, would end up harder.

I guess I have some awesome Mario skills, because the only things that gave me trouble in SMG were the purple coins. In Twilight Princess, I would frequently get stuck on some puzzles (especially that sand and ice temple). Though the final boss was a joke. I find it to be a matter of coodination, which I am good with vs. puzzle solving, which I suck at.

I guess I have some awesome Mario skills, because the only things that gave me trouble in SMG were the purple coins. In Twilight Princess, I would frequently get stuck on some puzzles (especially that sand and ice temple). Though the final boss was a joke. I find it to be a matter of coodination, which I am good with vs. puzzle solving, which I suck at.

Pushing blocks is hard? Because that's about it for the puzzles in TP.

Pushing blocks is hard? Because that's about it for the puzzles in TP.

Well basically, the puzzles involving the hookshots. I don't think that the game is all block pushing. Oh, and that pit wher the great fairy lives, those 50 levels were hell to beat.

The only real hard part in Twilight Princess was one of the chests in the last dungeon, before the final one, where there was a chest high above a central room. What pro'lly got me was some mechanic of the gameplay that flew over me, more than it actually being hard. Like not knowing where to use a specific item on a thing that's hidden from view D:

Far better than having your hand held like in Galaxy and Twilight Princess. Hell, people complained about the Purple Coins in Galaxy--that was actual gameplay to me :( The rest felt like a tutorial.

And I'm getting fucking sick of the generic "three-hit" rule coming out for bosses. Nintendo's been doing simple, ten-second bosses for a few too many of their games lately.

You could actually die in Mario Galaxy, and there actually was some challenge in the platforming.

This is not to say the game is difficult, but actually challenging, even if the challenges aren't that hard.

Metroid Prime 3 is probably the same way (I haven't finished it), unfortunately. Metroid Prime 3 is a game that wants to be difficult.

TP isnt very easy..(its not mind numbingly difficult)

i played this game first time though with no guides or anything and yeah it took awhile! it took many hours to get through the later dungeons with no help...i tell ya what, the ease of death in a game doesnt make it hard, its the actual puzzles and whatnot that make a game challenging..and some shit in SMG was tough too!

in Twilight Princess, i only ever got stuck on one puzzle where you push some blocks over ice in the house where the yetis live. but it didn't last long.

to me, TP wasn't particularly difficult.

Every real gamer will want to collect every piece of heart, but I think that's way harder to do unless you have some kind of FAQ.

Guess I'm not a real gamer them *hands in gamer's badge* and I thought real gamers bought games, didn't play them/spent more time complaining on the internet about them

Way to alienate players that actually do like challenge.

There is a fine line between challenge and cheapness and I've got to say in old games you can't see what it ahead (sure if Sonic ducks for about 2 seconds the screen will scroll down but its nothing over a free rotating camera) so easily so memorisation is you're only option.

I think most of this percieved difficulty drop is attributed to the Z-axis. It is far easier to evade enemeis now that you can run around them rather than having to fight them. Also jumps can be more forgiving as nowerdays clinging onto a ledge is far more commonplace than it was 20 years ago.