Light Brand or Runesword?

Admiral "Bull" Halsey

The 2 range sword-thingy  

35 members have voted

1. 1. You Vote...what else?

• Light Brand
    • Runesword

Wind Sword > Light Brand > Rune Sword

The Rune Sword always halves the character's strength, unlike the Wind Sword and Light Brand which only halve it at range. The Wind Sword and Light Brand still target resistance up close, so they can dish out more damage than you might think.

Is the Rune Sword's healing even useful? You don't get one until what? Chapter 32x? I really can't imagine anyone having a hard time staying alive at that point, and there are plenty of staff-users around that you wouldn't need the sword's healing properties.

TBH none of them are really that useful in FE7. Light brand would have the edge just because you get to use it before the enemy's RES stats get jacked through the roof.

I also think it's interesting that you can use the magical swords even when you're within the magic-nullifying field of Kishuna.

The Wind Sword, because I get it at chapter 12.

But for those who can't, I can hardly see why Runesword would be chosen. Sure, it recovers health, but by then it can hardly do anything. At least the Light Brand is around long enough to do something.

You don't get Wind Sword unless a special requirement is fulfilled. Not to mention, you don't ever get Wind Sword in a in-game anyways. So that's out of the questions there.

I have the transfer data ability from the MK:DD bonus disc, so I can transfer it, a Silver Card, stat boosters, and some other weapons from chapter 12. I know most people don't have it, though. That Silver Card helps A LOT.

I have the transfer data ability from the MK:DD bonus disc, so I can transfer it, a Silver Card, stat boosters, and some other weapons from chapter 12. I know most people don't have it, though. That Silver Card helps A LOT.

I wish I had disk. Maybe I will get one someday.

Light Sword has more hit and less weight, and it can actually critical and you can use it at C-Rank way earlier then you get Runesword.

Your points are incoherent and very irrelevant with what I'm saying. Not everyone has the MK:DD disk, you rarely see people talking about it. Yes, Wind Sword is certainly better than both Light Brand and Runesword. But that doesn't mean it should be considered because it's not officially obtainable inside the game whereas Light Brand and Runesword are. Therefore, Wind Sword shouldn't count.

Your points are incoherent and very irrelevant with what I'm saying. Not everyone has the MK:DD disk, you rarely see people talking about it. Yes, Wind Sword is certainly better than both Light Brand and Runesword. But that doesn't mean it should be considered because it's not officially obtainable inside the game whereas Light Brand and Runesword are. Therefore, Wind Sword shouldn't count.

Did you miss the part where I said "I know most people don't have it, though."? Christ, I was just stating my personal opinion with what's available to me, but I also mentioned my opinion considering I should lack it. Calm down, it's not like this is a serious debate. <_<

?_? Then...why are you bringing up Wind Sword in this topic? It's completely irrelevant to this topic then. This topic is about Light Brand and Runesword. Nothing about Wind Sword.

For fuck's sake, I'm allowed to mention something that isn't entirely on topic yet still fairly related! It's not like my post was just "Wind Sword"! I did, after all, point out that I find Light Brand much more useful. This entire argument was a waste of time and posts.