Light Brand or Runesword?

Admiral "Bull" Halsey

The 2 range sword-thingy  

35 members have voted

1. 1. You Vote...what else?

• Light Brand
    • Runesword

How is it that it's still fairly related to this topic if like I said it's not mentioned. IIRC I was the one who brought up this topic only and ONLY to mention about Light Brand and Runesword. Nothing more. I failed to understand where you are getting at about how Wind Sword is fairly related to this topic because you can't get it in in-game. Also...why is it that whenever I'm trying to tell you something you get pissed off for no reason when I'm trying to correct you.

All right, all right. You brought up only the Light Brand and Rune Sword. We get it. The two other swords you brought up in this thread are magic swords, just like the Wind Sword. Bringing up a magic sword in a topic about magic swords seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Now why don't we stop the off-topic bickering, hm?

I can see that Wind Sword is a magic sword along with Light Brand and Runesword. My intention in this topic was only to bring up topic about swords being obtainable in in-game. Red Fox of Fire was the one who started it all by doing the bickering not me. <_<

It's pretty obvious which one I voted for. Unless you don't look at people's usernames.

Light Brand attacks resistance at full strength from close range and still counterattacks against ranged attacks. And sword users don't have bad defense like magicians. In fact, the way I see it, swordmasters are better than magicians in every way except for their inability to attack enemy's resistance and their lack of ranged attacks. Now we have Light Brand and they become awesome.

I can honestly say that the Light Brand is my FAVORITE weapon in the GBA FEs if you exclude S-rank weapons and legendary Prf weapons. If I ever use my Hammerne, it'll be for the Light Brand. No joke.

It's pretty obvious which one I voted for. Unless you don't look at people's usernames.

Light Brand attacks resistance at full strength from close range and still counterattacks against ranged attacks. And sword users don't have bad defense like magicians. In fact, the way I see it, swordmasters are better than magicians in every way except for their inability to attack enemy's resistance and their lack of ranged attacks. Now we have Light Brand and they become awesome.

I can honestly say that the Light Brand is my FAVORITE weapon in the GBA FEs if you exclude S-rank weapons and legendary Prf weapons. If I ever use my Hammerne, it'll be for the Light Brand. No joke.

Light Brand is w1n and its my favorite sword except Brave Sword. Obviously Rienfleche is my favorite weapon but Light Brand is an incredible boon, especially for my epic Raven.

I have the transfer data ability from the MK:DD bonus disc, so I can transfer it, a Silver Card, stat boosters, and some other weapons from chapter 12. I know most people don't have it, though. That Silver Card helps A LOT.

*Is jealous*

:(

Light Brand since it is a bit lighter and slightly more accurate making it a bit better at attacking low resistance enemies, also has a few more uses and is more easily accessible for any person that can use swords being C-ranked in this games as opposed to the runesword's A-rank, although in general I don't use either very much

I can see that Wind Sword is a magic sword along with Light Brand and Runesword. My intention in this topic was only to bring up topic about swords being obtainable in in-game. Red Fox of Fire was the one who started it all by doing the bickering not me. <_<

Except, the Wind Sword is available in-game, if you have the disk. The item is coded into the game, and the disk just tells the game to drop one in your inventory. IS just chose not to have anyone using the weapon (or drop one) in the course of the normal game. Again, most people won't have access to it, but that doesn't mean that it's still not a legitimate option for discussion. Heck, you don't even have access to a Runesword if you're playing in either of Eliwood's modes, so in that case, the Light Brand is your only option. So, in terms of ENM/EHM, the Runesword is just as obtainable as the Wind Sword, i.e. not at all. (Yes, there are two in HNM/HHM. My point is that you can't exclude one thing just because it's not readily available. A person could have just bought FE7 and might not havet played through Hector's Mode yet, thus not having access to a Runesword at all.) Red Fox of Fire made a perfectly good point, despite the weapon not being included in the poll or in general regular play for most people.

------------------

Back on topic, I've suddenly come to appreciate the Light Brand more than I used to. Prior to a few months ago, I didn't care for any of the magic swords really, aside from the obvious use of hitting a target from a distance. The Runesword bugs me in every direction, simply because I don't care for how it was designed in concept (and seeing Nosferatu's animation that much just kills it), and the Light Brand generally just sat in my Convoy, despite me liking it better. Now, though, I might actually turn to using it in chapters, since I don't care about funds/etc. when I play.

Edited by Lord Glenn

?_?...using these weapons could occasionally hurt your fund?

Funds is basically all your assets, from gold to weapons to items. Using a weapon or drinking an elixir costs funds. A few items are free or unsellable, though, like the Mani Katti, legendary weapons, rings, Afa's Drops and a few more.

Edited by Trabant

• 2 weeks later...

Lightbrand, because Runesword is weak, i know Lighbrand is too, but not in close range, and the healing of Runesword is useless because you get it on the chapter before the final one, and even that its supossed you would have some magic units in the final chapter.

Going with the Light Brand, though the magic swords in the GBA FEs all suck due to being far less accessible as apposed to Javelins and Hand Axes.

But the weapons themselves are better than Javelins and Hand Axes. Attacking Res is huge advantage and they have much better accuracy than the throwable axes/lances.

Magic swords don't have very good might at range, even when hitting resistance. The Runesword doesn't even have good might up close.

Edited by Musashi

Magic swords don't have very good might at range, even when hitting resistance. The Runesword doesn't even have good might up close.

Which is why I think Light Brand >>> Runesword. Think of Light Brand as a sword than attacks resistance instead of defense and can counterattack ranged attacks (doesn't do much damage but at least it's something). That's why I think Light Brand is an awesome weapon. In fact, I think it's the best weapon that's not S-rank/Prf-rank.

In fact, I think it's the best weapon that's not S-rank/Prf-rank.

That's stretching it. Even ignoring its pitful availability (you get only 1-2 in the game, and not exactly early either), they still won't be killing anything at range, meaning I might as well just equip Killing Edges to have more powerful offense on whatever attacks me up close (30% extra crt = 49% extra crt on a double > attacking res).