Instead of having three groups...

HeroMystic

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should the game had focused on one group?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, which group?

• Dawn Brigade
    • Greil Mercenaries
    • Crimean Royal Knights
    • I said no, damnit!

the Dawn Brigade has Micaiah as the lord, who happens to be one of the most hateful characters of all FE10. at least that is for me

and the Dawn Brigade has like almost no personality

agreed...i dont like Micaiah at all..shes a waste of space and Sothe turned into an ass in the 3 years between the games...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny how 13 people said no, but there's only 3 no's in the bottom section

I chose no. I like how they all come together in the end

agreed...i dont like Micaiah at all..shes a waste of space and Sothe turned into an ass in the 3 years between the games...

actually, i don't mind her much as a unit after all, light magic is my favorite type of all, and i don't have to promote her to use it!!!!. its the personality that she carries which bugs me beyond words. sometimes, i wish i could just drop her in favor of Sanaki. at least she is a more enjoyable character personality-wise.

Its funny how 13 people said no, but there's only 3 no's in the bottom section

I chose no. I like how they all come together in the end

no option was added after many peoples had voted.

:mellow:

Sothe's only an ass now because of Micaiah. As soon as he found her after the war he forgot about everything else and went "NO STUFF YOU ALL I HAVE TO PROTECT HER!"

On the Micaiah-Mary-Sue thing, I know where the people are coming from, but she's still far from being one in my perspective. After all, despite being the advertised protagonist of the game, Ike's still more important than her. A Mary Sue's designed to be the centre of attention, yet she's treated with irreverence by Ike's group in Part III and arguably shafted in Part IV. I also don't like the Apostle business, but in essence it seems to be elaborated plot-device to patch over Lehran's own story.

Believe me, proper Mary Sues are a lot more drastic than Micaiah was She's important, but definitely not the centre of attention. If they wanted to make her a Mary Sue, they'd have done a lot more. (e.g. Have her need to kill Ashera first then again with Ike, not demean her when we're following other characters, not have those flaws like her political insensitivity or excess compassion get in the way, pair her up with Ike never mind that it'd be better than canon, etc.).

On the Micaiah-Mary-Sue thing, I know where the people are coming from, but she's still far from being one in my perspective. After all, despite being the advertised protagonist of the game, Ike's still more important than her. A Mary Sue's designed to be the centre of attention, yet she's treated with irreverence by Ike's group in Part III and arguably shafted in Part IV. I also don't like the Apostle business, but in essence it seems to be elaborated plot-device to patch over Lehran's own story.

Believe me, proper Mary Sues are a lot more drastic than Micaiah was She's important, but definitely not the centre of attention. If they wanted to make her a Mary Sue, they'd have done a lot more. (e.g. Have her need to kill Ashera first then again with Ike, not demean her when we're following other characters, not have those flaws like her political insensitivity or excess compassion get in the way, pair her up with Ike never mind that it'd be better than canon, etc.).

because the whole world couldn't be fawning over Micaiah. since this story consisted in multiple parts, you just couldn't have Micaiah be everywhere.

but the parts that Micaiah DOES appear are enough. she's so understanding, caring, and perfect in every aspect. she has this amazing gift which allows her to see the future hax anyone?, and always places the people she loves first. she even acts a martyr for a while, the poor thing. everybody who gets to know her loves her. i hate her. she may not be a full-blown Mary Sue, but she's up there. and even if she wasn't, she's still not an enjoyable character. Give me a Serra and a L'Arachel any day of the week. At least they don't pretend to be perfect.

I agree with pretty much all Persephone has said.

She is just... i don't know how to properly say it but it's like she's the perfect hypocrite. She seems so fake. At least she's got the looks.

Apart from her annoying & hateful character she fails as a unit for me. If anything, her magic is amazing. Well, her luck too but what's the point of that when both her defense, HP and speed are so bad that there is no need for a critical hit to utterly rape her ass. A bit extra dodge i guess.

I get so much satisfaction when i attack the Dawn Brigade with the Greil Mercenaries. If only the damned BK was not there... I'll use some fliers my next walkthrough to destroy them all. Of course, Micaiah being the primary objective. I'd like it for her to fall slowly, but with her crap survivability i doubt that will be the case.

Ah... sorry, needed to get that out of me. ^_^

Edited by Atriel

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

because the whole world couldn't be fawning over Micaiah. since this story consisted in multiple parts, you just couldn't have Micaiah be everywhere.

but the parts that Micaiah DOES appear are enough. she's so understanding, caring, and perfect in every aspect. she has this amazing gift which allows her to see the future hax anyone?, and always places the people she loves first. she even acts a martyr for a while, the poor thing. everybody who gets to know her loves her.

Again, I respectfully disagree, but respect why you feel that way.

And you just described Ike. :o

Only we replace the farsight with absolutely ridiculous abs.

Bump.

Again, I respectfully disagree, but respect why you feel that way.

And you just described Ike. :o

Only we replace the farsight with absolutely ridiculous abs.

i really don't like Ike either, but at least he works at becoming godlike, unlike Micaiah who was apparently born that way.

he doesn't have a h4x skill like Micaiah with her premonitions.

And even though Ike is really important and all that, we know that the Greil Mercenaries wouldn't be as awesomesauce as they are without Soren and Titania. and in this aspect Ike is closer to being a normal person than micaiah, since one person can't be possibly perfect in every aspect.

micaiah is the brilliant strategist, the powerful mage, the compassionate leader, the resolute commander, the oracle of the goddess, the humanitarian, the charismatic leader... the list goes on and on.

All of part 1 revolves around her, even overlooking other members of the Dawn Brigade as in Nolan, who if you ask me SHOULD have been the brilliant strategist. the small sections in which he appeared showed him as a wise man in fact, storyline-wise, you could probably remove everyone

Ike, just like most other lords, received the glorified treatment. IS should really work on improving their lords' personalities for future games, and in that we both can agree, can we not?

Edited by Persephone

I like the idea of having three groups. It was pretty fun to have the different groups fight each other, imo.

But I hate how unbalanced they are. The CRK fail at life, the DB is full of underleveled characters, so they fail, too, and the GMs are just made of awesomeness. They should have given them about the same amount of chapters (and EXP) to the different groups and it would have been pretty awesome.

i really don't like Ike either

angry2td8.jpg

but at least he works at becoming godlike, unlike Micaiah who was apparently born that way.

...Micaiah isn't godlike. :mellow:

he doesn't have a h4x skill like Micaiah with her premonitions.

Two-handed sword in one hand. Fights for his friends.

Kills the Black Knight.

He's crazy.

micaiah is the brilliant strategist, the powerful mage, the compassionate leader, the resolute commander, the oracle of the goddess, the humanitarian, the charismatic leader... the list goes on and on.

Seeing that list, I'm not actually impressed. :o Possibly due to the execution of half those traits (see below).

All of part 1 revolves around her

What about Pelleas, Tauroneo and others? D:

even overlooking other members of the Dawn Brigade as in Nolan, who if you ask me SHOULD have been the brilliant strategist. the small sections in which he appeared showed him as a wise man

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE

SYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESY

ESYESYES

Ike, just like most other lords, received the glorified treatment. IS should really work on improving their lords' personalities for future games, and in that we both can agree, can we not?

Agreed.

Alongside that, Radiant Dawn suffered from aiming to be larger than its development team could afford to be, hence narrative and newly introduced plot points of interest weren't fully expanded on. Ike managed to survive this due to previously established relationships and heroics in Path of Radiance, but Micaiah and the Dawn Brigade suffered critically from this - it didn't help that they made the error of prioritising too much on Sothe and Micaiah and not involving the core Dawn Brigade at all, especially when Nolan, Edward or the others could just as easily retreat if wounded in the same way Titania, Mist and Soren do during Ike's chapters. (So in that sense I stay on topic by discussing a flaw with having more than two groups :V ).

So with what should have been there absent, it falls to the player to do what s/he has always done - use their imagination to conceive what the character might be saying/doing. Hence the fun returns. And then write angry complaints to do better.

Edited by Penitent

angry2td8.jpg

lol

Kills the Black Knight.

He's crazy.

Altina used both in each hand and the image show that she was built like Lucia. And Ike was kept alive for the sole reason of being able to kill the Black Knight, it would be pathetic if he couldn't.

Seeing that list, I'm not actually impressed. :o Possibly due to the execution of half those traits (see below).

No one really seemed to care about Pelleas. :mellow:Remember his speech in the engame?

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE

SYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESY

ESYESYES

Agreed.

Alongside that, Radiant Dawn suffered from aiming to be larger than its development team could afford to be, hence narrative and newly introduced plot points of interest weren't fully expanded on. Ike managed to survive this due to previously established relationships and heroics in Path of Radiance, but Micaiah and the Dawn Brigade suffered critically from this - it didn't help that they made the error of prioritising too much on Sothe and Micaiah and not involving the core Dawn Brigade at all, especially when Nolan, Edward or the others could just as easily retreat if wounded in the same way Titania, Mist and Soren do during Ike's chapters. (So in that sense I stay on topic by discussing a flaw with having more than two groups :V ).

Agreed.

So with what should have been there absent, it falls to the player to do what s/he has always done - use their imagination to conceive what the character might be saying/doing. Hence the fun returns. And then write angry complaints to do better.

I addressed what I felt I had to in bold.

angry2td8.jpg

Kills the Black Knight.

He's crazy.

ESYESYES

Agreed.

well, perhaps i was a bit too harsh with Micaiah and may not be a full-fledged Mary Sue, but you have to admit that she is quite an unattractive character personality-wise. i also really hated the way that she and Sothe were prioritized at the expense of the Dawn Brigade. in fact, while i played Part 1 i sometimes had the desire to just completely skip part 1 so that i could go ahead to part 2 and see characters i actually cared about.

if we think about it, the only units who didn't suffer from the game split was, ironically, the ones who were the least relevant plot-wise as in the units in Part 2. :mellow: very few units, varying main characters, and the fact that most of them actually had lines on the script helped. not that i'm over-glorifying them, actually, since they're not really relevant to the plot and could have been inserted as a background information during the game. DX

and going back to the topic in question, split paths could actually work if fewer units were available. 70 playable units=/=good game, since we end up not knowing anything about the majority of the units assuming we didn't play through PoR, that is.

The support conversations would be tricky, though. you can't have support conversations with every single character as the FE10 system would require, and if the FE9 system would be applied, it might make the support bonuses void in Part 4 when the army splits. the only way i can see that support conversations be available in a multiple-part game is if the teams are predetermined, meaning no customization for part 4 assuming they would still do the split army part

Edited by Persephone

The setup was good. What lacked was balance between groups. Part one should have had a bit stronger enemies near endgame because characters can't raise above 20/5 properly making them heavy underleveld in Part 3. By the time you get the dawn brigade the GM's are close or already 3th tier. If it was more balanced it would have been more fun to fight between groups. Now DB flees and GM's try to rush to kill some DB's. I also think there should have been a base before the splitup of Part 4, so you can swap skills and such.

The setup was good. What lacked was balance between groups. Part one should have had a bit stronger enemies near endgame because characters can't raise above 20/5 properly making them heavy underleveld in Part 3. By the time you get the dawn brigade the GM's are close or already 3th tier. If it was more balanced it would have been more fun to fight between groups. Now DB flees and GM's try to rush to kill some DB's. I also think there should have been a base before the splitup of Part 4, so you can swap skills and such.

I don't see why they couldn't have to be honest..

I think the games should have had a greater time diffrence (Ten Years or so), as well as focused on mostly new characters (No more then ten returning characters) It should have also had a support system as that would have given most the new characters personalities.

RD did not need to have a 3-tier system.

It could have been possible all you needed to do was change around part 1 unit's starting level and divide the laguz's starting level by 2.

Micaiah - 1

Edward - 2

Leonardo - 2

Nolan - 5

Laura - 1

Sothe - 15

Aran - 4

Ilyana - 6

Meg - 1

Volug - 7

Tauroneo - 20/8

Zihark - 18

Jill - 11

Fiona - 6

Tormod - 20/1

Muarim - 9

Vika - 6

Naliah - 16

Rafiel - 6

Black Knight - 20/20

Everyone else just moves down a tier.

Though when you look at it in context of PoR many characters moved down from their starting level (Titania and Shinon are first tiers?)