My FE5 Headdesk Topic

General Spoon

I just fired off the torch stave at the start of Chapter 11x.

I'm not sure how I feel atm.

Save the Torch Staff for the next chapter too.

Who are good candidates for the wrath manual?

I would say Mareeta, but you better wait for a while....

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are good candidates for the wrath manual?

Eyrios. His pursuit critical is 0, so that's at least going to make him critical on counters. Others with 0 either have it already ( Sara and Xavier ) or can do other things besides fighting ( Pretty much the rest: Rivis, Sleuf, Cyas ) or suck ( Shanam ).

If you don't get him, Linoan. Wrath and Resire is extremely fun, though Sara can already do it. Mages in general benefit more from Wrath since they can counter at 1-2 range.

Edited by Emperor Alvis

I still have my Wrath Book. I'm not using Linoan and I have no idea how to recruit Eyrios. I might just give it to someone like Asvel since his PCC isn't as impressive as some of the other characters.

Eyrios is recruited by going to his route, suiciding/not recruiting Olwen and then talking to him with Karin.

I personally give Wrath to Karin since her offense sucks and she has no other skills to boost it. Fin is a good choice too. I suppose Asvel or Eyrios works out. I wouldn't recommend putting it on Linoan, she has amazing PCC (but I would really recommend using her).

Eyrios is recruited by going to his route, suiciding/not recruiting Olwen and then talking to him with Karin.

I personally give Wrath to Karin since her offense sucks and she has no other skills to boost it. Fin is a good choice too. I suppose Asvel or Eyrios works out. I wouldn't recommend putting it on Linoan, she has amazing PCC (but I would really recommend using her).

And I was just about to get rid of Linoan.

And I was just about to get rid of Linoan.

Linoan is good, use her. But somehow I always found Sara as better... >.>

I would say Mareeta, but you better wait for a while....

Why, she would be killing the enemy even in his phase.

I dunno, maybe Dalsien, as he is going to be attacked a lot, or Asvel or Homeros or Salem...

No room for the priests. Too many swordmasters.

I prefer to use my Priests. >.>

Why, she would be killing the enemy even in his phase.

I dunno, maybe Dalsien, as he is going to be attacked a lot, or Asvel or Homeros or Salem...

loloverkill.

There's room for both. And for Asvel. And for Sety.

Yes.

This is exactly why I avoid FE5 topics. They spill spoilers. Sety said he was going to remain in Manster and since he's still in Manster in FE4, I assumed that he would never join me. Also since he has an overpowered unbreakable weapon.

loloverkill.

I thought you enjoyed overkill.

This is exactly why I avoid FE5 topics. They spill spoilers. Sety said he was going to remain in Manster and since he's still in Manster in FE4, I assumed that he would never join me. Also since he has an overpowered unbreakable weapon.

There's a huge spoiler even in the intro of the game, what did you expected?

I thought you enjoyed overkill.

Nononononono, what I meant was Mareeta + Wrath = loloverkill (border to waste), which something I often love to do. >.>

Nononononono, what I meant was Mareeta + Wrath = loloverkill (border to waste), which something I often love to do. >.>

But even without Wrath Mareeta crits straight out.

Sol Manual and Luna Manual are more useful, IMO.

But even without Wrath Mareeta crits straight out.

Sol Manual and Luna Manual are more useful, IMO.

Marita already has Lunar. But if you give her Solar Manual, that means she'll have all three Astral Skills!!! Never tried that though.

I only found out anyone could use the Solar/Lunar manuals after I beat FE5, so Shiva ended up with the Lunar manual ;-;

I didn't even get the Solar manual because I went B route though.

Marita already has Lunar. But if you give her Solar Manual, that means she'll have all three Astral Skills!!! Never tried that though.

No, no, OVERALL, the Luna and Sol Hit Manuals are more useful than Wrath.

Lifis could be good with Sol Hit, as he would surpass even more Pahn

An FE5 topic of painful or weird moments I take it? Like a discussion thread of sorts? Well then, I gots me a question...Spoilers?

How do I recruit that fucker Xavier? I saw the requirements and immediately crapped myself. How do I pull off this Jackie Chan stunt of a character recruitment?

Wrath on a Magic user is a waste. People like Asvel ORKO everything with Wind, or even Fire anyways. He also has a 90% chance to critical on the counterattack with Wind at max skill, so DO NOT give it to him. And especially don't give it to Mareeta, at max skill, she has 100% Critical on a counterattack.

FYI: Wrath in this game gives you a 100% chance to critical on a counterattack anyways.

Like I said, give it to somebody like Fin, or Eryios is you're using him.

Edited by IOS

How do I recruit that fucker Xavier? I saw the requirements and immediately crapped myself. How do I pull off this Jackie Chan stunt of a character recruitment?

Here's a plan for you, because I'm bored.

1. You'll want to get rid of the Freege Armors, since they will attack the civilians, they will attack you, and they are ugly. A very easy way to do this is to use long-range magic. Sadly, only Eyrios can use Bolting straight up, and you don't get a lot of Bolting tomes to steal throughout the game (and you may not even have done it). I usually let Asvel build up his Fire level to A (takes looong, but Fire isn't much worse than Wind or Thunder anyway), and use the various Meteor tomes.

Alternatively, you can simply place someone bulky on the upper left entrance with no weapons equipped, and put a ranged attacker such as Asvel behind him. The Freege Armors move before the Lenster ones, clog up in front of the entrance, and you can pick them off at your pleasure. Put a scroll on your doorstop character to avoid him getting critted, and either have staves or vulneraries handy as well. You may even want to put all scrolls on this character, since he'll be standing there for a while taking hits and prolly gets a few level-ups.

2. Now, during all this, you can set the civilians free. You can use other people to carry them to the door if you wish. The Lenster Armors won't attack the civilians. You can try figuring out which civilian belongs to which Armor through the internet, or you can do trial and error. The civilians will automatically walk to the Armor they belong to. The biggest problem is that the converted Armors and the hostile one will attack each other, and they have Killer Lances/Hammers. To get around it, I would recommend stealing the Killer Lances (Hammers will probably be too heavy, though Tina Staff + Holy Water/M Up can get around that) at the very least. Other than that, savestates, savestates, savestates. Ship off the green armors with a rescue chain if you can, though only bodybuilders like Othin and Dagda will likely be able to carry. You can also put the converted Armors to sleep, as this will likely get them killed without them countering. Green dudes dying = no problem.

3. Repeat, and then have Leaf walk to Xavier. Xavier will talk to Leaf if he gets the opportunity. Avoid getting too close to him when not all the Armors have been converted yet, as Xavier also likes to attack you, or his own men if he feels like it.

Xavier is good, as good as Dalshien(not being sarcastic), but it might not pay off, as it is too hard.

Here's a plan for you, because I'm bored.

1. You'll want to get rid of the Freege Armors, since they will attack the civilians, they will attack you, and they are ugly. A very easy way to do this is to use long-range magic. Sadly, only Eyrios can use Bolting straight up, and you don't get a lot of Bolting tomes to steal throughout the game (and you may not even have done it). I usually let Asvel build up his Fire level to A (takes looong, but Fire isn't much worse than Wind or Thunder anyway), and use the various Meteor tomes.

Alternatively, you can simply place someone bulky on the upper left entrance with no weapons equipped, and put a ranged attacker such as Asvel behind him. The Freege Armors move before the Lenster ones, clog up in front of the entrance, and you can pick them off at your pleasure. Put a scroll on your doorstop character to avoid him getting critted, and either have staves or vulneraries handy as well. You may even want to put all scrolls on this character, since he'll be standing there for a while taking hits and prolly gets a few level-ups.

2. Now, during all this, you can set the civilians free. You can use other people to carry them to the door if you wish. The Lenster Armors won't attack the civilians. You can try figuring out which civilian belongs to which Armor through the internet, or you can do trial and error. The civilians will automatically walk to the Armor they belong to. The biggest problem is that the converted Armors and the hostile one will attack each other, and they have Killer Lances/Hammers. To get around it, I would recommend stealing the Killer Lances (Hammers will probably be too heavy, though Tina Staff + Holy Water/M Up can get around that) at the very least. Other than that, savestates, savestates, savestates. Ship off the green armors with a rescue chain if you can, though only bodybuilders like Othin and Dagda will likely be able to carry. You can also put the converted Armors to sleep, as this will likely get them killed without them countering. Green dudes dying = no problem.

3. Repeat, and then have Leaf walk to Xavier. Xavier will talk to Leaf if he gets the opportunity. Avoid getting too close to him when not all the Armors have been converted yet, as Xavier also likes to attack you, or his own men if he feels like it.

I thank you for the info man. Just one question. Is he worth the pain? Because I'd just rather not use him...as good as the Eryos thunderbolt move is (he starts with a tome, one is easily gettable in that chapter that introduces olwen and fred by having karin fly up to the bishop and capture him), I'd rather not waste them here on one guy I might or might not use...Because damn. Definitely wouldn't wanna waste thief staves on such basic stuff...