Warp

dondon151

In FE6 the range is (mag/2) +5, I think it's much of the same in this game. I'm 100% sure it's not like FE5/FEDS where you can just Warp people around the continent with 4 mag.

I'm fairly certain the warp staff can transfer allies to anywhere they could normally move regardless of the user's magic.

Not in FE7, I'm afraid. I've played FE6 through to FE11, and I've only seen unlimited Warp range in FE11.

Same range as Physic and status staves.

Hmm... kind of disappointing. I wanted to have someone Warp Hector over to the boss on chapter 30 so I don't have to add like 12 turns on a 0-requirement chapter.

It'll still take off 2 turns at least.

I barely ever use Warp in any game not named FE5 =/

Heh, that's why I asked. You can see that you're not alone =)

Edited by dondon151

Hmm... kind of disappointing. I wanted to have someone Warp Hector over to the boss on chapter 30 so I don't have to add like 12 turns on a 0-requirement chapter.
... I have to admit, Tactics sounds really stupid in FE7.

Mekkah's right about warps range. Its (mag/2)+5, so you can move someone 20 spaces max at 30 magic, which is pretty awesome.

No one's going to get anywhere near 30 magic by chapter 30 HHM. I'm going to provide a liberal estimate of Serra/Priscilla having around 16 magic at level 20/8, which warps... a whopping 8 spaces... Pent at base warps farther than that, sending Hector 9 spaces.

... I have to admit, Tactics sounds really stupid in FE7.

It ain't too bad, but those 0-requirement chapters pounce on you from out of nowhere. You can pretty much shave a turn or two off any chapter, and there's a few like chapters 17, 17x, 20, and 23x that give you anywhere from 5 to 10 turns to make up for the 0-reqs.

Edited by dondon151

No one's going to get anywhere near 30 magic by chapter 30 HHM. I'm going to provide a liberal estimate of Serra/Priscilla having around 16 magic at level 20/8, which warps... a whopping 8+5=13 spaces... Pent at base warps farther than that, sending Hector 9+5=14 spaces.

It ain't too bad, but those 0-requirement chapters pounce on you from out of nowhere. You can pretty much shave a turn or two off any chapter, and there's a few like chapters 17, 17x, 20, and 23x that give you anywhere from 5 to 10 turns to make up for the 0-reqs.

you forgot the +5 range.

@levin: yes in this game.

you forgot the +5 range.

@levin: yes in this game.

He didn't because that's not the case in this game.

@Reinfleche: No, not in this game...

1235fireemblemuvenom01wx4.png

1235fireemblemuvenom02bs4.png

I count 8 spaces on that first pic and the person using the staff has 16 MAG. 16/2 = 8. I can upload a video if the picture's not good enough.

Edited by Levin

Not in FE7, I'm afraid. I've played FE6 through to FE11, and I've only seen unlimited Warp range in FE11.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe every FE game prior to FE6 had unlimited Warp range.

The number 5 is significant in FE7, not because it adds 5 to magic x2, but rather because 5 is the base range I am fairly sure (no quoting, going off memory here).

I'm fairly sure that's right as well. Makes sense.

FE4 had the most limited Warp due to the fact that you could only warp to allied castles. Don't know of FE2's.

Fire Emblem Gaiden is just like Fire Emblem 5 with warping, anywhere that's accessible.